Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
New Design R.S. " Official " Web-Site
Date: May 5, 2010 01:38

Re: New Design R.S. " Official " Web-Site
Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 5, 2010 01:42

when their site is under construction, something will happen

happened in
02 and 05

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: May 5, 2010 02:22

Tour baby! Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!
Say what you want, that is what I want to believe!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 03:17

Sounds amazing!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 5, 2010 04:23

I hope that they will finally make use of a black background. It looks best with pics and especially the tongue. I liked the old one, but it was too messy here and there (the archive pages really had issues). I hope they do the new one so logical that even a tosser like me would be able to find my way through all kinds of great videos and reads.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: May 5, 2010 13:51

New website is through Universal so I assume this means we are done with Live Nation, Ultrastar, past legacy codes, and perhaps Cohl unless he is now an employee or part owner of Universal?

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: May 5, 2010 14:17

great. they ask your currency before e-mail addy!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 5, 2010 14:28

Looks like the new website is 'un-cohled'. That would be a good thing.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 5, 2010 14:38

i can't believe that they didn't leave the STORE open during the website rebuild. (or did they?) Losing $$,,,, that's not like them.

oh wait..it was just added.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-10 18:38 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: May 5, 2010 14:44

It's about time their site was redesigned. Considering who they are, the music, the legacy..there's so much that could and should be done with the site. Clearly someone in their management team and/or Universal is pushing ahead with all this. Also, is it more than a coindidence that MT now has a proper website?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 5, 2010 14:56

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 5, 2010 15:26

[www.rollingstones.com]
Very good news that Universal have taken control over the rs.com!
I guess the Stones must have listened to all the harsh comments about how Ultrastar ran the fan club. In the end they couldn't continue the way it was under the Ultrastar and Cohl-infected system.
So, raise your glasses and say FINALLY! Cheers.
And prepare for an announcement...
Use the search button here and see what they did in 2002 and 2005 before tour announcement! They closed down the site, and...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-05 15:28 by Addicted.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 5, 2010 16:10

I hope all those great ABB videos will still be there.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: rini ()
Date: May 5, 2010 23:57

Let's hope everything works out fine and that it not become only an Universal advertising site.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:07

Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]
I guess the Stones must have listened to all the harsh comments about how Ultrastar ran the fan club. In the end they couldn't continue the way it was under the Ultrastar and Cohl-infected system.
Use the search button here and see what they did in 2002 and 2005 before tour announcement! They closed down the site, and...

Please tell me you're not seriously suggesting that a tour announcement is imminent.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 6, 2010 18:30

Gazza
Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]

Please tell me you're not seriously suggesting that a tour announcement is imminent.

The only thing I am able to see,right now ,is :
Go to the official store .grinning smiley

Seriously though , rik is right by writing >>when their site is under construction, something will happen<<

The question is :
What is going to happen and most of all ,what could happen ......

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 6, 2010 18:50

SwayStones
Gazza
Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]

Seriously though , rik is right by writing >>when their site is under construction, something will happen<<

The question is :

maybe it will be the announcement of a different kind of stones tour. stones play a few acoustic numbers or medley of hits, the band takes a break while skinny hot models hawk stones merch. then keith tells a few "stories" for his "solo" break and then the encore consists of a de facto listening party for the new remastered EOMS and while it's playing, there's more hawking of merch. this would all take place in theatres and smaller venues though. a way for the stones to "give back" to their fans by appearing in a more intimate setting.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:03

kissinc***incannes
SwayStones
Gazza
Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]

The question is :

maybe it will be the announcement of a different kind of stones tour. stones play a few acoustic numbers or medley of hits, the band takes a break while skinny hot models hawk stones merch. then keith tells a few "stories" for his "solo" break and then the encore consists of a de facto listening party for the new remastered EOMS and while it's playing, there's more hawking of merch. this would all take place in theatres and smaller venues though. a way for the stones to "give back" to their fans by appearing in a more intimate setting.
never happen . the glimmers dont do give backs .

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 6, 2010 19:37

Does this officially mean that I will NOT get my 2005 ABB Tour DVD? LOL

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: May 6, 2010 20:40

Hope they get a web site they deserve and not that piece of crap they had all this time

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 6, 2010 20:58

Bitches Brew
Hope they get a web site they deserve and not that piece of crap they had all this time

that THEY deserve? huh?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 6, 2010 22:42

LSTNT
I actually received this I think...It was in a 'tin can' with the tongue logo in front.
If memory serves, it was quite good...I'll have to go back and look at it, it's been years.

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: May 6, 2010 23:03

LSTNT

Hahaaaaa no Dvd no cap no shitt.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2010 00:32

copsnrobbers
LSTNT

Hahaaaaa no Dvd no cap no shitt.
I also got the cap!
It says Rolling Stones Fan Club on the back, which makes me feel like a geek so I never wear it.
Would have preferred just the 'exploding tongue' on the front!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 7, 2010 00:53

Gazza
Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]

Gazza, we both know that a tour was in the planning, (start late 2010) but unfortunately, "things" got in the way. A lot of work's already been done regarding the logistics, arenas and even stage design, I believe. We've already discussed this in another thread, some months back, and I think I recall you writing that you too knew that a tour was being planned, that work had been done and that slthough they announced that there "will be no tour in 2010" they would not have to start planning a new tour from scratch... I could find the thread if I made a search.... Searched - and here it is: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: May 7, 2010 12:15

Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]

For what I know, while the site is being updated, they redirect to the store. Universal only sells the Stones merchandise, the website is a Musictoday/Live Nation thing.
[www.musictoday.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 7, 2010 18:21

Whole lot of nothin'.

It's probably just gonna be old shit, all Exile - stuff Mick can't be bothered with. Which also means no tour, a "new" album of old tracks with new vocals and guitar and shakers on it, hopefully no new hits comp.

Here, "official" word about no tour - Mick can't be bothered this year and probably not next year either.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 7, 2010 21:47

Very very strange that they shut down the site before they have a new one.......it would be normal that they announce on the regular site that it will be renewed ............

More odd is that on www.archive.org the complete history is removed, normally you can navigate the old site from this place...they did there job well I guess..........

[www.archive.org]

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 7, 2010 21:52

treaclefingers
LSTNT
I actually received this I think...It was in a 'tin can' with the tongue logo in front.
If memory serves, it was quite good...I'll have to go back and look at it, it's been years.

That was from the Licks Tour - although it arrived just prior to ABB.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 10, 2010 14:41

Looks like it's been updated...
[www.rollingstones.com]

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10