Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Anyone seen this?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 10, 2010 17:14

Wow, check the other new galleries too.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Vox Foundation Bass head, probably the one used throughout 1967 - 1968.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 10, 2010 17:47

some great stuff there indeed

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 10, 2010 17:49

Not a new thread about the new site please.
Please stick to this thread [www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 10, 2010 18:34

i had never seen the uncensored UNDERCOVER "stripper" before. Now we know why
her faced was cropped off. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-10 18:37 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 10, 2010 19:04

Is this aloud on IORR winking smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 10, 2010 20:36

sweet neo con
i had never seen the uncensored UNDERCOVER "stripper" before. Now we know why
her faced was cropped off. winking smiley

this looks like jane russell to me but the ta ta's look on the small side ?

Re: New Design R.S. " Official " Web-Site
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 10, 2010 20:58

is it just me or is the site down?

Date: May 10, 2010 21:03

I have the same problem

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: May 10, 2010 21:12

Looks like it's still a work in progress...

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: May 10, 2010 21:53

Down here now too.

But what I saw earlier when it was live looked terrific. As a web designer myself I'm always critical of other designers' work, but to be fair I was knocked out by how modern the site looks and feels, and at the quality of the content. I think they really nailed it. The features on the individual band members and especially the tours were a real surprise, it's much more of a heritage site than the previous design which was really just a glorified shop.

Most band websites are dire, with auto-playing music, slow loading Flash elements, and questionable content. This new Stones site was respectfully done and blows away most/all other band sites. Whoever designed and developed it certainly knows their stuff.

And the structure of the site (it's built on a CMS rather like Wordpress) means it will be trivial to update providing the content is available.

Looking forward to seeing the finished version go live. Great job!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-10 21:55 by WorriedAboutYou.

Date: May 10, 2010 22:08

It's back again

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 10, 2010 23:08

Lol, now I'm sure they watch Iorr.
I found this pic I posted here in the Ronnie's B-bender thread in 2006 - its a screenshot of FF, now to be seen in Ronnie's gallery.
I'm quite sure its the same.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 10, 2010 23:09

Some of the "stand out tracks" for each member are funny...
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" for Brian
"100 Years Ago" for Keith
"Rocks Off" for Mick Taylor, where he is barely present
and "Happy" & "Tumbling Dice" for Bill Wyman.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 11, 2010 00:08

Yay - I think they did a very fine job! I too am happy and surprised at what a substantive and non-kitchy job they did. It's attractive, has some good content, tone is cool and not all hypey/salesman-y. The interaction is good, visual design not bad at all -- pretty compelling experience overall, and I'm an experience designer/information architect by profession. It seems to be bit of a work in progress and that's ok.

I did giggle at their missing what we call "lorem ipuson" --- non-language text filler that gets replaced when the real content is added. So, if you see "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean varius rhoncus diam, ut iaculis tellus egestas in. Integer a ante lorem. Nam nec tortor ultricies est dignissim semper porttitor in dui. Pellentesque ac mauris vitae lorem iaculis adipiscing sit amet" ---- it's not the Stones speaking in their ancient Satanic tongue (lol) it's just what American/Brit designers/developers call "greeked" text. (Obviously, it's not Greek)

It will be very interesting to see what "social" elements they add to the site, if any. I don't mean the evil privacy-plundering facebook, but whether they'll go the message board/photos/comments/ratings/reviews route.

Is this a silly question....why can't you shop in any currency other than euros and pounds? I'd think they'd have a currency converter that reset automatically based on what region/country you selected. hmmm.

Happy to see a good looking, solid, engaging, non-cheezy, non-venal site!

-swiss

Date: May 11, 2010 00:23

NICOS
I assume they know the exact numbers

Stones Records

92 singles, 29 studio albums, 10 live albums

What a coincident the same figures are on Wapedia...........

[wapedia.mobi]

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 11, 2010 00:25

Who did those captionsconfused smiley

Also anyone notice that Bills profile is represented by what looks like a dummy and Taylor isn't mentioned under'band members' at all.

Oh and under the IORR video it says that Ronnie's in it for some reason

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2010 00:32

Making of "Streets of Love - Behind the scenes footage of 2005's iconic video

Iconic? >grinning smiley<

There are som any funny little details, like the next one:

Mick Taylor plays on the albums many Stones fans consider to be the greatest of the band’s career, with the possible exception of A Bigger Bang.

I mean, those people have a good sense of humour... smoking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-11 00:46 by Doxa.

Date: May 11, 2010 00:32

I think they will check out IORR to rectify some mistakes

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 11, 2010 00:33

There's a few little bootleg CD covers in there too. Quite pleased to see my Goats Head Soup outtakes CD being given the official thumbs up!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2010 01:10

Bloody hell, there are some really tough quotes. In presenting Mick Taylor:

"Mick Taylor wasn't good for the Stones. It was a sterile period for us 'cause there were things we had to force through. Maybe it's just me. It was a period we had to go through. Also, Mick is such a LEAD guitarist, which completely destroyed the whole concept of the Stones..."

eye popping smiley

I know Keith's been critical but "destroyed the whole concept", "sterile perod", not good for the Stones"...

And under the description of English tour 1963, this is the 'relevant' quote that is chose to stand out:

"He had an arrangement with (Eric) Easton, that as leader of the band he was entitled to this extra payment. Everybody freaked out. That was the beginning of the decline of Brian. We said, @#$%& you...”

“Mick and I being songwriters affected Brian a lot. It took Brian a long time to come to terms with that because it was very early on. After that he never regained any sort of status. He lost more and more interest as he went along.”

It is "good" that the possible people who might visit the official site will get the "politically correct" picture right who's good and who's bad in the history of the Stones...

Seriously, from the first sight in all of those stories etc. there seems to be strange tension between trying saying something objective about the band and then the drive to please the bosses and their recent doings (by presenting their 'official' point of view...). And the latter sounds sometimes almost like forced in its stupidity. The result is sometimes really strange... eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-11 01:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2010 06:15

Doxa
Bloody hell, there are some really tough quotes. In presenting Mick Taylor:

"Mick Taylor wasn't good for the Stones. It was a sterile period for us 'cause there were things we had to force through. Maybe it's just me. It was a period we had to go through. Also, Mick is such a LEAD guitarist, which completely destroyed the whole concept of the Stones..."

eye popping smiley

I know Keith's been critical but "destroyed the whole concept", "sterile perod", not good for the Stones"...

And under the description of English tour 1963, this is the 'relevant' quote that is chose to stand out:

"He had an arrangement with (Eric) Easton, that as leader of the band he was entitled to this extra payment. Everybody freaked out. That was the beginning of the decline of Brian. We said, @#$%& you...”

“Mick and I being songwriters affected Brian a lot. It took Brian a long time to come to terms with that because it was very early on. After that he never regained any sort of status. He lost more and more interest as he went along.”

It is "good" that the possible people who might visit the official site will get the "politically correct" picture right who's good and who's bad in the history of the Stones...

Seriously, from the first sight in all of those stories etc. there seems to be strange tension between trying saying something objective about the band and then the drive to please the bosses and their recent doings (by presenting their 'official' point of view...). And the latter sounds sometimes almost like forced in its stupidity. The result is sometimes really strange... eye popping smiley

- Doxa
I've heard those Keith quotes on Brian before...not pretty, but probably some truth to it.
Regarding Mick Taylor, it's obvious Keith is way off base...I wonder if the drug thing clouded his judgement of the times?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 11, 2010 09:16

Hard to believe, but Keith comes across as a bigger a**hole than Mick.
The happy-go-lucky waste case we all love, is really full of venom and bad vibes it seems.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 11, 2010 09:32

... and more and more mick seems like a likeable dude nowadays. Always cheery and full of humor.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 11, 2010 11:12

Gazza
Addicted
Gazza
Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]
Very good news that Universal have taken control over the rs.com!
I guess the Stones must have listened to all the harsh comments about how Ultrastar ran the fan club. In the end they couldn't continue the way it was under the Ultrastar and Cohl-infected system.
So, raise your glasses and say FINALLY! Cheers.
And prepare for an announcement...
Use the search button here and see what they did in 2002 and 2005 before tour announcement! They closed down the site, and...

Please tell me you're not seriously suggesting that a tour announcement is imminent.

Gazza, we both know that a tour was in the planning, (start late 2010) but unfortunately, "things" got in the way. A lot of work's already been done regarding the logistics, arenas and even stage design, I believe. We've already discussed this in another thread, some months back, and I think I recall you writing that you too knew that a tour was being planned, that work had been done and that slthough they announced that there "will be no tour in 2010" they would not have to start planning a new tour from scratch... I could find the thread if I made a search.... Searched - and here it is: [www.iorr.org]

Er, quite true but its no longer 'imminent' - the timing of the re-design has more to do with a label change,the hype surrounding the Exile reissue and what will probably be subsequent archives projects.

I'm glad theyve dumped that atrocity of an Ultrastar site and this one (so far) looks to be an improvement, but nothing major is going to happen with regard to anything 'new' from the band for quite a while yet. Thats my point. smiling smiley

Ok, so we're glad Ultrastar and the crooks are out - and that the new site looks a lot better. I guess they listened to some of the critizism from people on this site, for instance. Everyone hated the scam Ultrastar was behind. I can't even imagine what kind of money they've practically stolen from us... This of course even made the Stones open their eyes to who they had hired to do the job. I know it's been discussed within the band sphere.
Anyway: I read Keith saying they're going to go out and play. "Yes, I've heard rumours!" But not this year. Since the Stones fiscal year starts in September - and therefore most of their touring activities also start in the beginning of September, so 2011 - September. Does that qualify as a qualified guess?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 11, 2010 11:59

"Bill Wyman

Given that these performances are themselves recognized as fundamental models of excellence in the science and art of amplified, blues-based rock music, it’s a fair assessment to say that Bill Wyman is one of the great bass players of the modern era.

"Mick Taylor

Mick Taylor holds a special place in the select pantheon of Rolling Stones Guitarists. He was there at what many consider to be the height of the band's achievements, Let It Bleed through Goats Head Soup. And then he was gone, without trace. What a guitarist, and what a legacy ...

Struggling with lifestyle issues, angered over what he saw as deprivation of composition right, uncomfortable with strained relationships between other members, he took his leave.

"Have The Rolling Stones ever been as good as they were when Mick Taylor was in the band?"

C

Date: May 11, 2010 12:51

There might be a few mistakes, but big deal; the site is a lot better. The type of photos used strikes me as coming from a fan. And of course the pics of the archives is worth everything.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 11, 2010 14:47

His Majesty
Wow, check the other new galleries too.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Vox Foundation Bass head, probably the one used throughout 1967 - 1968.

Fantastic! But I am actually shocked on how the stuff looks -it has been dumped there 35 years ago and never touched again. Look at the corrosion on those Ampegs!

Mathijs

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 11, 2010 15:09

>>But I am actually shocked on how the stuff looks. Look at the corrosion on those Ampegs!<<

Yeah, I thought the same. what a pity.
one would think the quest was:
"Find a storage-room with the same climate as Nellcote!"

ouch!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 11, 2010 15:17

It looks like a work in progress.

I think the section called "Collaborators" should only include musicians: Nicky, Bobby Keys, Jack Nitzsche, Darryl, Chuck, etc. Many ommisions currently...

Producers, managers, etc belong in a separate category, IMO

I like what I see so far

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 11, 2010 16:17

Palace Revolution 2000
There might be a few mistakes, but big deal; the site is a lot better. The type of photos used strikes me as coming from a fan. And of course the pics of the archives is worth everything.

That fan might very well be Jane Rose! She spends the best part of every concert taking photos, and she uses everything from a 600 mm lens to a fish eye lens. She's a good photographer, and has taken a lot of the photos at keithrichards.com. And as I see many of the photos are taken from the right side of FOS (That's "Keithside" ), I've noticed that's where she's standing, too.
I guess we'll see when they start writing the photo credits, but my guess is that many of the photos are Jane Rose's. cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home