Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: All Down The Line free download
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:01

Why can't I download it yet? sad smiley

Date: May 3, 2010 02:04

Important Messages
We're sorry. We could not process your order because of geographical restrictions on the product which you were attempting to purchase. Please refer to the terms of use for this product to determine the geographical restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that the quantity of some of the items in your basket may have changed.

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE...

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:06

Well it's now available and sounds authentically ragged and aged

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:07

But if it is free in the UK: can someone post it on IORR?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:09

kleermaker

The vocals are absolutely in a minor key. "Hear the children singing...singing shalale"

To be fair, that part only uses A Major scale notes over A major - E major chord change.

Date: May 3, 2010 02:13

linnerz
Yeah, I don't like being left out just because her Brittanic Majesty requests and requires that I not be allowed to download it for free...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:29

USA is left out this time

What about Itunes?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:36

His Majesty
kleermaker

The vocals are absolutely in a minor key. "Hear the children singing...singing shalale"

To be fair, that part only uses A Major scale notes over A major - E major chord change.

Do you say the vocals aren't mainly in a minor key? I'm 100% sure they are. Compare these vocals with the Exile official ADTL vocals: those are in a major key. You can simply hear the difference and it gives a totally different feeling/effect as well. I can't be wrong on this one. If these vocals aren't in a minor key, then which are??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-03 02:39 by kleermaker.

Date: May 3, 2010 02:39

FreeBird
linnerz
Yeah, I don't like being left out just because her Brittanic Majesty requests and requires that I not be allowed to download it for free...

This isn't fair! We non-British Rolling Stones music fans deserve this free alternate ADTL download just as much as the British ones. So Brits, give it to us, pleasemoody smiley

Date: May 3, 2010 02:41

kleermaker
I can't be wrong on this one.

I just sat with a guitar and listened to the above version.

The part you singled out uses root, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of A major scale over A major, E major with passing D major chord resolving back to A major.

Date: May 3, 2010 02:52

One immediate difference between the above version and the exile version is that the main verse vocal melody on the acoustic version starts on the 3rd of A Major, whilst the exile version starts on the 5th of G Major.

So that's the differences between the two, but both are still using major key for the most part, with some bluesier notes being introduced during the bridges and later verses to varying degrees.

Date: May 3, 2010 02:54

His Majesty
kleermaker
I can't be wrong on this one.

I just sat with a guitar and listened to the above version.

The part you singled out uses root, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of A major scale over A major, E major with passing D major chord resolving back to A major.

But the vocals HM, I just simply hear that they're in a minor key. Apart from the guitar. Tell me about the vocals, not about the guitar(s) please. You just can hear the half notes if you know what I mean.

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: May 3, 2010 03:03

What can any of the guitar players here tell us about the odd little bit at :16-:18 of the youtube sampler at the top of the thread? Very odd sounding for the Stones. (Also the slashing guitars are not yet in place for the "be my baby for tonight" section.)

Can't get this D/L in Canada either. Boooooo.

Date: May 3, 2010 03:11

kleermaker

But the vocals HM, I just simply hear that they're in a minor key. Apart from the guitar. Tell me about the vocals, not about the guitar(s) please. You just can hear the half notes if you know what I mean.

I'm on about the vocals, this is blues based music so obviously he plays with the notes a bit, bending them or quickly passing through.

The first notes he sings on the verse is Major 3rd. The ''yeah'' heard at the end of some phrases in the early verses is a kind of bend on C up to C#.

There is nothing in the whole song that goes beyond A Major or A minor pentatonic. There is clear use of Major 3rd of A Major as well as repeated further use of other notes from that scale.

So if there's a minor key being used there, I'd like to know what it is!?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-03 03:22 by His Majesty.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 3, 2010 03:14

meh^^

Date: May 3, 2010 03:21

His Majesty
kleermaker

I'm on about the vocals, this is blues based music so obviously he plays with the notes a bit, bending them or quickly passing through.

The first notes he sings on the verse is Major 3rd. The ''yeah'' in the early verses is a kind of bend on C up to C#.

There is nothing in the whole song that goes beyond A Major or D pentatonic. There is clear use of Major 3rd of A Major as well as repeated further use of other notes from that scale.

So if there's a minor key being used there, I'd like to know what it is!?

Me too, but again (sorry for being repetitive) the very beginning and the lines "See the women working" "Hear the children singing" "See the people running" etc. are in minor. The rest not. But the minor is very influential in this song. Like in Paint it black.

Date: May 3, 2010 03:23

open-g
meh^^

Well, who's helping the Dutch out?? This is pure injustice!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 3, 2010 03:31

so its the acoustic version thats the free download?

Date: May 3, 2010 03:32

kleermaker

Me too, but again (sorry for being repetitive) the very beginning and the lines "See the women working" "Hear the children singing" "See the people running" etc. are in minor. The rest not. But the minor is very influential in this song. Like in Paint it black.

Nope...

Those parts use notes of A Major scale.

see the women working
C#. C#. C# D... C# B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-03 03:33 by His Majesty.

Date: May 3, 2010 03:38

kleermaker
Well, who's helping the Dutch out?? This is pure injustice!
Amazon.nl even redirects to amazon.co.uk! I feel robbed!

Date: May 3, 2010 03:40

His Majesty
kleermaker

Nope...

Those parts use notes of A Major scale.

see the women working
C#. C#. C# D... C# B

Yes I see, but in my musical language this is minor. C# to D is a half tone, and C# to B is 1,5 tone. That's exactly what I meant, perhaps using the wrong words. Thanks for your clear explanation, HM.

BTW: The atmosphere of these sentences (See the women working, Hear the children singing etc) is a bit tragic and sad, typical for minor. Absolutely not bright or cheeerful etc., which are the atmospheres belonging to Major.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-03 03:50 by kleermaker.

Date: May 3, 2010 03:55

kleermaker

Yes I see, but in my musical language this is minor. C# to D is a half tone, and C# to B is 1,5 tone. That's exactly what I meant, perhaps using the wrong words. Thanks for your clear explanation, HM.

C# to B - 3rd to 2nd of A Major is whole/1 tone no? confused smiley

To me all versions sound major and also bluesy, not minor.

Date: May 3, 2010 04:03

His Majesty
kleermaker

C# to B - 3rd to 2nd of A Major is whole/1 tone no? confused smiley

To me all versions sound major and also bluesy, not minor.

Okay, but apart from the technical explanation, the atmosphere of these sentences is 'negative' (you understand me), while in the official ADTL that's absolutely not the case. There those sentences are 'objective': descriptive. What makes the difference in atmosphere between those two versions, because I think you agree there's an essential difference of atmosphere and feel between the two, caused by the 'notes'.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 3, 2010 04:56

I canĀ“t download. Sadly I live in Brazil.

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: May 3, 2010 05:45

kleermaker
FreeBird
linnerz

This isn't fair! We non-British Rolling Stones music fans deserve this free alternate ADTL download just as much as the British ones. So Brits, give it to us, pleasemoody smiley

Can any of you kind UK'ers help this poor American soul?

kmbrochu@mac.com

I need a shot of salvation!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 3, 2010 06:15

Many thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-03 06:53 by carlostones10.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: May 3, 2010 06:32

Can someone just put it on Youtube, too?

When the Plundered My Soul radio mp3 came out we had like 3 pages of e-mail requests.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 3, 2010 07:21

Was hoping to get this today, but sadly looks like I can't. Congratulations to our UK brethren. I still don't see why a free download can't be had by all!

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: May 3, 2010 07:24

can someone email me this at chenry9195@gmail.com I would be very appreciative.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 3, 2010 07:25

Thank you kindlythumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-03 07:56 by U2Stonesfan.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home