Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: All Down The Line free download
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 3, 2010 19:43

Thanks....Sounds GREAT...I like it better..Yes i do...

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: May 3, 2010 19:52

How I Wish...that we could get more true outtakes like this!

It sounds very good - alive, groovy, jammy; whatever, fresh is the word!?grinning smiley

Although, of course, not as great as the Exile version - nyhetens behag sometimes makes you overrate a track...

Posted by: WickMess ()
Date: May 3, 2010 20:04

I live in Sweden, not able to download it from Amazon...I´d be very grateful if anyone could help me out. Many thanx in advance!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 3, 2010 20:10

WickMess
I live in Sweden, not able to download it from Amazon...I´d be very grateful if anyone could help me out. Many thanx in advance!

You need to be reading this thread more closely!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: May 3, 2010 20:41

Thanks teleblaster and Andre Ribeiro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 3, 2010 21:38

Hmm, this version does seem a bit late 70'/early 80's like in feel and style.

The guitars especially don't sound like Keith and Mick Taylor circa 1970/72. Just my imagination or does the guitar on the right have that mesa boogie sound!?

Sounds too tight, fast, and lacking in the fatter, bluesier sound the band had during the Taylor era.

confused smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 3, 2010 23:20

In my opinion it is definately from 1969/70/71. Mick has no text yet, so he improvises, for sure it is not from 1973 or later. I am pretty sure it is from the session in which they did "good time women", same style ...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 3, 2010 23:43

lualua

[rapidshare.com]

Hot damn

Thanks!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 4, 2010 00:19

His Majesty

The guitars especially don't sound like Keith and Mick Taylor circa 1970/72. Just my imagination or does the guitar on the right have that mesa boogie sound!?

Sounds too tight, fast, and lacking in the fatter, bluesier sound the band had during the Taylor era.

confused smiley

To me, this ADTL version has the exact same sound as "Travelling Man" -Taylor's guitar is spot on (SG through crancked Twin). It is the same clean guitar sound of Bitch and Alladin Story, same Nicky Hopkins sound. I bet this take was indeed recorded at Stargroves, October 1970.

So now why didn't they dear releasing the complete version of Travelling Man in superb quality!

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-04 00:34 by Mathijs.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 01:04

Many thanks, lualua

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2010 02:56

Thanks to lualua

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 4, 2010 03:35

rootsman
How I Wish...that we could get more true outtakes like this!

It sounds very good - alive, groovy, jammy; whatever, fresh is the word!?grinning smiley

Agreed, this is the REAL DEAL. Unlike that weird PMS hybrid, which wasn't bad but just didn't cook like this does.

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-04 03:36 by drewmaster.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: May 4, 2010 03:37

Wow, great version, although it sounds very unfinished, which is a positive thing because it proves Jagger is willing to put out half finished tracks. We might even see Travellin' Man and more released in the near future.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: May 4, 2010 03:47

Thanks!
sounds great!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 4, 2010 05:52

Mathijs
His Majesty

confused smiley

To me, this ADTL version has the exact same sound as "Travelling Man" -Taylor's guitar is spot on (SG through crancked Twin). It is the same clean guitar sound of Bitch and Alladin Story, same Nicky Hopkins sound. I bet this take was indeed recorded at Stargroves, October 1970.

So now why didn't they dear releasing the complete version of Travelling Man in superb quality!

Mathijs

I agree - it has a Travelling Man-esque sound for sure!
Thanks all for sharing.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 4, 2010 10:02

Is anyone else hearing the plexiglass guitar? It's on the right, especially when he vamps on the rhythm, not so much when he arpeggios starting about 2'50"

Interesting that this started out acoustically in 'A', although that could have been open G capoed 2nd fret, this new version is in 'D' & they finally settled on 'G' for the final one.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 4, 2010 13:27

Mathijs

Mathijs

I can go with that.

Maybe Travelin' Man is classed as being a Stick Fingers outtake.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 4, 2010 14:22

His Majesty

yes that's what I think.
I'd be amazed if it's missing from a Stick Fingers Deluxe edition (if that ever happens) as it's a brilliant unreleased song from the vaults.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 4, 2010 14:48

His Majesty
Mathijs

Mathijs

I can go with that.

Who knows. Don Was stated in an interview that they class anything from Nellcote to the LA 1972 sessions as "Exile sessions", but they include Loving Cup from June 1969, and Alladin Story is from the same session as Travelling Man...

Mathijs

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:20

i bet they decided to save some of the goods for future releases...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:33

Just got to say that I dig this version of All Down The Line - and yes, IMO as well; it's very similiar to "Travellin Man" - soundwise - wouldn't be surprised if they were recorded at the very same sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-04 17:33 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:35

I like it. Nice and funky. Sounds liek a song that can be played a lot of different ways.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:43

didn't care for it when i listened with headphones but loved it once i played it with speakers

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:52

actually i am not particularly fond of this, it is interesting to see how a basic chuckberryesque jam can turn into a stones classic tune and the so called "alternate take" sounds more as an early demo of the song. the fact that it sounds similar to other songs (dead flowers, travellin'man) is telling (but travellin' man is a much more completed and strong effort, imho)

also to listen to this an PMS back to back gives a very good idea of the opposite directions mick had in front of him as he approached the project, and, imho, gives a good idea of the reasons wht he decided to finish up some of the tunes.

i still would have like them better out of the exile project and into a "new album" but i can completely understand mick's take on the matter

Posted by: CMan ()
Date: May 5, 2010 14:58

Would also appreciate it very much...
fuzztone8@aol.com

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 17:43

Thank You lualua

Date: May 6, 2010 03:00

I have not been on this thread, and want to clarify my original post. I don't know what the minor key vocal' is about. My pointt is that as the song progresses more and more bluesy elements are introduced. the piano takes off, and mainly the horn chart is in there. Jagger's vocals get looser and looser; he slurs the lines, and starts ad libbing. and it is not major scale notes anymore. It's penta tonic scales. Which means in the key of G there is the Bb and the F etc.
Talkin about the final version here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 04:08 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: May 6, 2010 03:58

There is nothing in the whole song that goes beyond A Major or A minor pentatonic. There is clear use of Major 3rd of A Major as well as repeated further use of other notes from that scale...

....emphasizes the A Major scale more in its verse melody by way of the addition of the 5th and 6th notes of the scale. So that's 6 notes from A Major scale on the official version. The Exile melody actually begins on the 5th, where as the acoustic version only uses 4 notes, beginning on the 3rd.

--------

- yes, and I'm sure MJ and KR had this very discussion in the bar right after.

or not.

probably not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 03:59 by stones77.

Date: May 6, 2010 04:06

Sure[/b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-06 04:06 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: May 6, 2010 11:15

This track is really growing on me! It has a slight melacholic feel to it. I listen to it more than PMS.

PMS is quite processed whereas ADTL (ALt. Take) is basically a live recording.

As with the above mentioned TM, we need more of these tracks!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home