Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: OT - Mississppi Delta Abomination Oil Spill
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 16, 2010 23:33

skipstone
Ahhhh...so the oil in the lake is NOT from the Macondo well but rather...the restaurant across the street - they dumped cooking oil down the drain...

Sure did look like it though. Exactly like it.

Could have been the redneck down the street just changed the oil in his pickup and poured it down the storm drain.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 16, 2010 23:38

Edith Grove
skipstone
Ahhhh...so the oil in the lake is NOT from the Macondo well but rather...the restaurant across the street - they dumped cooking oil down the drain...

Could have been the redneck down the street just changed the oil in his pickup and poured it down the storm drain.
Just changed your oil did ya Edith?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 17, 2010 00:08

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
skipstone

Gonna do mine this weekend. I need to kill the weeds around the yard. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 19, 2010 00:25

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: July 19, 2010 00:38

Edith Grove
sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
skipstone

Gonna do mine this weekend. I need to kill the weeds around the yard. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

LOL

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 19, 2010 19:20

they've got it 'capped' seepage being reported within two miles of shore!!
they are waiting for cumulative pressure to build for accurate readings according to reports...dunno how long...at this point best not to trust one single syllable of what BP or reps or senatorial flunkies etc...have to say...
let's hope it's in the process of being contained. it was reported via independent sources, and i reported back here weeks ago, that the damage is much more pervasive than ever reported or admitted to by the company or the feds...
..and that they were "several" pipeline breaks and "ruptures" in addition to the obvious mess...

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 20, 2010 03:55

Beelyboy
at this point best not to trust one single syllable of what BP or reps or senatorial flunkies etc...have to say...
let's hope it's in the process of being contained. it was reported via independent sources, and i reported back here weeks ago, that the damage is much more pervasive than ever reported or admitted to by the company or the feds...
..and that they were "several" pipeline breaks and "ruptures" in addition to the obvious mess...

Amen to that. Listen to this interview with Matt Simmons if you have any doubts. You may not have heard of Matt Simmons, but his Houston-based company has been the leading investment bank to the US oil industry for a long time, financing exploration and drilling in places like the Gulf of Mexico. Matt Simmons is a sober individual, a button-downed corporate executive who's been around the oil business for forty years. He knows whereof he speaks.

[www.kingworldnews.com]

Drew

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 20, 2010 05:17

Beelyboy
they've got it 'capped' seepage being reported within two miles of shore!!

Not within two miles of the shore, near and at the well. There are over 8,000 documented seep sites along that entire shelf of the two kinds of methane gas and the various types of crude. And whatever else there might be.

Date: July 20, 2010 16:38

It seems that the seeps are brand new so they are connected with the Macondo well from what I've been reading, especially the one coming out of the new seal on the new BOP and the one at the base of the old BOP. Pressure is slowly rising in the well at the cap.

Nobody knows what is actually happening and if it will blow up all around it. The relief well is 4 feet away but they have another 800 feet down to go or something like that. It will be another week until they actually intercept the well.

Date: July 23, 2010 08:59

[www.nytimes.com]

Storm Threat Forces Ships to Leave Work at Oil Spill Site

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 23, 2010 17:04

I hope the cap holds until the get that relief well done!

Date: July 23, 2010 17:26

Beelyboy - I know this would have happened regardless of who was in office. i am not saying that Obama is responsible for the oil leak. I am stating that his handling of the situation has not been good he has shown very poor leadership and why in the hell has the govenrment refused outside help? Obviously the oil industry is responsible but you know what so are we the people. We do nothing to get away from oil dependence NOTHING! We sit around and complain about it but we don't do anything. I agree with Obama and all of the other politician's that we must find alternative energy sources. We can not do it overnight, we can not allow cap and trade or other burdens on corporations and taxpayers in this economy. If the government is really serious they will start granting some corpoations large sums of money to some research. Yes I know some already get this but it will take a lot more. There are 4-5 billion people in the world and most of them rely on oil to sustain their economy this is a problem that will take years to rectify. If Mr. Obama takes the proper steps and starts doing this as he stated a few weeks ago i will give him credit for it. I am not one to sit around and just blame the republicans or the democrats. In the matter of oil they are ALL responsible for the mess we are in. We need true bi-partinsan leadership to get things done. What goes on in DC is scandalous and the last two presidents Bush and Obama have been the most polarizing presidents in my lifetime. One totally for radical righ wingism and the other for left-wing radicalism - Both completely out of touch with main stream America. I hope the house or senate goes back to the republicans so we have some checks and balances. We have had one party rule for the last decade and it is disastrous. Bill Clinton was a very effective president who learned very quickly in 1994 that he had to move to center and I commend him for it. Scott Brown our MA senator has been a breath of fresh air he has not sided with the republicans on everything he voted with Barney Frank on the Wall Street reform bill and wit Harry Reid on a jobs bill. I agreed with the jobs bill but not the Wall Street one. Nobody is going to vote the way I want them to vote on every issue but it is nice to see someone voting the way that they feel about an issue instead of being a rubber stamp for the republicans. And yes I do feel the media lets Obama get away wit a lot.

Date: July 23, 2010 19:37

The way it's setting up, as far as the cone of uncertainty, it looks like Bonnie will push a lot of the oil out to sea. Hopefully it will stir up the gigantic cloud of oil and help break it up so that when the winds turn southerly and push it back towards land it will be less of an impact.

Date: July 23, 2010 19:50

My Bonnie lies over the ocean?

Date: July 24, 2010 01:26

slew
Beelyboy - I know this would have happened regardless of who was in office. i am not saying that Obama is responsible for the oil leak. I am stating that his handling of the situation has not been good he has shown very poor leadership and why in the hell has the govenrment refused outside help? Obviously the oil industry is responsible but you know what so are we the people. We do nothing to get away from oil dependence NOTHING! We sit around and complain about it but we don't do anything. I agree with Obama and all of the other politician's that we must find alternative energy sources. We can not do it overnight, we can not allow cap and trade or other burdens on corporations and taxpayers in this economy. If the government is really serious they will start granting some corpoations large sums of money to some research. Yes I know some already get this but it will take a lot more. There are 4-5 billion people in the world and most of them rely on oil to sustain their economy this is a problem that will take years to rectify. If Mr. Obama takes the proper steps and starts doing this as he stated a few weeks ago i will give him credit for it. I am not one to sit around and just blame the republicans or the democrats. In the matter of oil they are ALL responsible for the mess we are in. We need true bi-partinsan leadership to get things done. What goes on in DC is scandalous and the last two presidents Bush and Obama have been the most polarizing presidents in my lifetime. One totally for radical righ wingism and the other for left-wing radicalism - Both completely out of touch with main stream America. I hope the house or senate goes back to the republicans so we have some checks and balances. We have had one party rule for the last decade and it is disastrous. Bill Clinton was a very effective president who learned very quickly in 1994 that he had to move to center and I commend him for it. Scott Brown our MA senator has been a breath of fresh air he has not sided with the republicans on everything he voted with Barney Frank on the Wall Street reform bill and wit Harry Reid on a jobs bill. I agreed with the jobs bill but not the Wall Street one. Nobody is going to vote the way I want them to vote on every issue but it is nice to see someone voting the way that they feel about an issue instead of being a rubber stamp for the republicans. And yes I do feel the media lets Obama get away wit a lot.

thank you for your thoughtful post. i'm no obama fan personally and i'm sure his leadership in this crisis will come in for deserved criticism. the rest of the stuff about pushing radical left is nonsense. the same people and corporations who own things and run things are still in charge and getting huge amounts of corporate welfare...and have been..and continue to...especially oil companies making tens of billions and paying zero tax...i don't want to get political and i think that's where your post is going, tho i do appreciate your thoughts, some of them i agree with...but overall, this country has not moved one iota to the left. for good or bad.

Date: July 24, 2010 03:53

I admit my post is too political for a Stones board!

Date: July 27, 2010 01:23

Y'all - sign this thing!

[www.restorethegulf.com]

To read about it, click on this:

[www.nola.com]

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 01:46

i am not saying that Obama is responsible for the oil leak. I am stating that his handling of the situation has not been good he has shown very poor leadership

Obama is surely a HUGE improvement over the last oily war mongering US president, the nitwit Bush, who also I might add was probably the most mud dumb stupid President ever.

BushCo long ago firmly locked up the lion's share of the oil and gas lobby's dollars for the Republicans -- a pattern continued by those two vile toxic Texas Twins (Bush 2 and Cheney) which in itself was really only a continuation of the right wing's long-term monopoly on contributions from the carbon-based fuels lobby.

As for Obama's 'leadership' and 'waiting weeks to respond,' - it's a matter of public record that his Asst. Secretary of the Interior was down there assessing matters the very next day after it happened. The real problem is that the petroleum industry has been left to self-deregulation and governmental oversight cronyism for so long (put in place and perpetuated by Republicans) that the government no longer possesses any independent technical ability nor infrastructure capacity to undertake remedial action independent of the petroleum industry. All the government can do is watch over the debacle and take notes.

The rightwing nitwit running Canada these days is also hellbent on deregulating everything in sight, too, and relying on corporate 'self regulation' (there's a proven misnomer if ever I heard one) in return for contribution dollars. All he cares about is letting the Alberta tar sands destroy the environment as fast and as much as possible, so long as the bucks keep rolling in.

Date: July 27, 2010 13:38

See 'ya later, bitch !

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 27, 2010 13:59

Tony Hayward has now been sent to Siberia for a few months before he leaves BP.Getting 10-12 million pounds pension package etc.as well as a years wages of 1.5 million pounds.All this for failure in the extreme.Just seen interview with the useless Swedish chairman and he's praising him up as if Haywards going to be a big loss to the company.Unbelievable !!!! thumbs downconfused smileythumbs down

Date: July 27, 2010 17:50

Most companies give an out going or fired CEO a bonus if the company's value has gone up during their tenure, regardless of snafus. Tony The Turtle, on the other hand, gets rewarded for his three years of "laser" focus on safety that he accomplished so well and also gets his life back.

This is insulting right in the face of every Gulf Coast citizen and anyone else that gives a shit about what BP has done. This behaviour on BP's part will make more people angry and hateful towards BP - as if they needed any help with that. What an amazing company. I've never seen such a huge company make so many screw ups and even managed to up their own ante in their screw ups. They should be run out of business. The pension holders in England should be embarrassed to collect their monies.

Haywod had better watch himself. He's a marked little man.

Date: July 27, 2010 17:59

skipstone
Haywod had better watch himself. He's a marked little man.

Perhaps that's why he's going to Siberia!

Date: July 27, 2010 18:09

Hayward makes a conveniant scapegoat and needs a crash course in pr 101. But the status quo at BP remains. I don't think with Hayward gone they are suddenly going to say,yeah it's all are fault we screwed up are bad. It'll be business as usual with BP. Just better pr.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 28, 2010 17:34

This is what's been talked about in Louisiana. Minor, yes, compared to the Macondo well and various other things. But there are thousands of these things...they are just "forgotten".

[www.wwltv.com]

Date: July 28, 2010 18:58

OK. So there's the big leak in China, the constant leaks in Africa, the ignorance of BP and Transocean in the Gulf Of Mexico, the push boat breaking open an abandoned well in Barataria Bay, LA and ... now a broken pipe in Michigan.

[green.blogs.nytimes.com]

Date: July 30, 2010 18:01

Date: July 31, 2010 01:02

i am not saying that Obama is responsible for the oil leak. I am stating that his handling of the situation has not been good he has shown very poor leadership

No he is not they both prett much SUCK - polarizing. The crap that is going in in this administration is treasonous!

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: July 31, 2010 02:24

slew

No he is not they both prett much SUCK - polarizing. The crap that is going in in this administration is treasonous!

Treasonous? In what way?

Date: August 3, 2010 00:04

Pamela Anderson, PETA, rescue orphaned Gulf dogs
August 2, 4:06

Popular television personality and animal rights activist Pamela Anderson gets a kiss today in NOLA.

Today, the media was present when the ever-ebullient former Dancing with the Stars contestant and notorious animal rights activist Pamela Anderson was in New Orleans. Anderson, PETA's honorary director, paid all the expenses to have some dogs relocated to Virginia.

The transportation of the pooches is reminiscent of what occurred after Katrina, but on a smaller scale. Sadly, with so much devastation in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit nearly five years ago, thousands of domestic animals were abandoned and or orphaned.

But today was for celebrating because Anderson was in NOLA to support PETA as it transports the dogs -- ]most of which are homeless due to their former masters' post-BP-oil-spill impoverishment -- from overcrowded conditions there to safer havens in Virginia.

A notorious softie, Anderson said she'd adopt two of the dogs on the spot and name them Gina Lollobrigida and Bardot!

The rest of the dogs-almost 50 adult dogs and puppies-are en route to PETA headquarters for adoption.

No word yet on whether the actress will have a similar fondness for the local wildlife - dolphins, sea turtles and the like!

[www.examiner.com]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 3, 2010 17:24

I wish I could get an answer to my question :

How come the United States of America allowed "Chemical Oil Dispersant "??
I may be mistaken but I've heard the "Dispersants " are even worth than the Oil spill it self .
Am I right ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home