Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor Tour
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 29, 2010 17:59

HalfNanker
Anyone know the camera policy at BB Kings?
Use a wide lens.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 29, 2010 18:03

sweetcharmedlife
HalfNanker
Anyone know the camera policy at BB Kings?
Use a wide lens.winking smiley

I'm so sorry they got a hold of youwinking smiley.

Posted by: melvin ()
Date: April 29, 2010 18:16

We will be at the Bull Run this Saturday. Can't wait!

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: April 30, 2010 07:34

Just heard that the Nortrhampton gig was very good.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 30, 2010 08:23

OMG what a night. The Iron Horse is a very intimite venue, maybe 200 people max, a sunken area around the stage and a small balcony. The tour bus was in front of the building and I met Mick out front before the show. As snapcrakle mentioned the green room is in the basement and you have to walk through the entire club to get to it, so Mick was quite accesable to everyone. I had a perfect spot standing behind the sound board which was eye level with the stage at most 20 feet away. At the start Mick mentioned that he had flown in last night and was quite jet lagged, he said he might forget some words but he could play(that would be the understatement of the century). It was his usual backing band, drums, keyboard, bass, guitar(awesome) and Mick. They played with incredible energy and Mick was in front control of the band, on numereous occasions he just went off on the most incredible solos as the rest of the band just smiled as he was definately in the groove on Opening Night. Two standouts for me were and incredible Blind Willie McTell that morphed into Layla, Cocaine, All Along The Watchtower and back to BWM- I believe I witnessed something magical on this song - his slide playing was unreal. The second standout was the encore of No Expectations - they absolutely rocked out on this song - no slow ballad from Mick T on this one. I hate to pick out just these two because the entire show was incredible. After the show I again ran into Mick going downstairs to the dressing room and shook his hand and told him what an incredible performance it was. Then being the fanatic that we all are, I followed him downstairs and waited outside the greeen room to see if he might sign something. After about 5 minutes he came out and was quite surprised by all of us standing outside waiting to see if he might sign our things. I got into the room 4th and had him sign my 1973 Hawaii Tour Stones Program by his picture, he commented about the program and looked thru the entire thing, I told him what an incredible show it was along with his entire band and thanked him for coming back to the US after cancelling out last year, he was very gracious but was so tired he could barely stand up. I was expecting a great show, but I never expected to see the show I saw tonight, honestly I was embarressed that I only paid $25.00 for my ticket, Mick T is truly one of the greatest guitar players ever, and we witnessed that tonight. Run, don't walk to go see his shows.

Kent

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 30, 2010 09:38

Good report Kent!

I got me ticket for the 9th June in Buenos Aires, Argentina!
Hope everything is going alright till then!
drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-30 15:56 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: April 30, 2010 14:03

Still looking to sell two tickets to the Bull Run show tomorrow night...They should be great seats!!!...only standing room only left...no reasonable offer refused!

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: April 30, 2010 14:22

LSTNT
OMG what a night. The Iron Horse is a very intimite venue, maybe 200 people max, a sunken area around the stage and a small balcony. The tour bus was in front of the building and I met Mick out front before the show. As snapcrakle mentioned the green room is in the basement and you have to walk through the entire club to get to it, so Mick was quite accesable to everyone. I had a perfect spot standing behind the sound board which was eye level with the stage at most 20 feet away. At the start Mick mentioned that he had flown in last night and was quite jet lagged, he said he might forget some words but he could play(that would be the understatement of the century). It was his usual backing band, drums, keyboard, bass, guitar(awesome) and Mick. They played with incredible energy and Mick was in front control of the band, on numereous occasions he just went off on the most incredible solos as the rest of the band just smiled as he was definately in the groove on Opening Night. Two standouts for me were and incredible Blind Willie McTell that morphed into Layla, Cocaine, All Along The Watchtower and back to BWM- I believe I witnessed something magical on this song - his slide playing was unreal. The second standout was the encore of No Expectations - they absolutely rocked out on this song - no slow ballad from Mick T on this one. I hate to pick out just these two because the entire show was incredible. After the show I again ran into Mick going downstairs to the dressing room and shook his hand and told him what an incredible performance it was. Then being the fanatic that we all are, I followed him downstairs and waited outside the greeen room to see if he might sign something. After about 5 minutes he came out and was quite surprised by all of us standing outside waiting to see if he might sign our things. I got into the room 4th and had him sign my 1973 Hawaii Tour Stones Program by his picture, he commented about the program and looked thru the entire thing, I told him what an incredible show it was along with his entire band and thanked him for coming back to the US after cancelling out last year, he was very gracious but was so tired he could barely stand up. I was expecting a great show, but I never expected to see the show I saw tonight, honestly I was embarressed that I only paid $25.00 for my ticket, Mick T is truly one of the greatest guitar players ever, and we witnessed that tonight. Run, don't walk to go see his shows.

Kent

Thanks for the info....going May 5th in NYC....can you tell me what time he took the stage? cheers

David

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: April 30, 2010 15:26

There are plenty of tickets left for Saturday, May 8th in Kent, Ohio (yes, home of the Kent State University CSN&Y sung about...) -- $30 or $40 each.
[www.kentstage.org]

Looking forward to this showsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 30, 2010 15:59

I paid more than $60 for a good seat in a big theater in Buenos Aires!
Teatro Gran Rex
[www.ticketek.com.ar]

Date: April 30, 2010 19:03

rlngstns
LSTNT

Kent

Thanks for the info....going May 5th in NYC....can you tell me what time he took the stage? cheers

David

Started at 7:08pm and ended at 8:52pm. No opening act

Set List:
Secret Affair
Twisted Sister
Fellow With The Blues
Alabama
Burying Ground
You Shook Me
Giddy-up
Blind Willie McTell / Watchtower
Encore:
No Expectations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-30 19:06 by LSTNT.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2010 20:52

The Greek
StonesTod
kleermaker
StonesTod
The Greek
i was supposed to go but SOMEONE does not know my phone # anymore

MT knows mine, but he hardly ever calls anymore unless he needs something from me....

Well, then you can wait very long I presume. But don't you know his number? Ask him by the way if he did new overdubs etc. or that Mathijs is right. And give him my regards please thank you.

i have his number somewhere, yeah, but have very little occasion to call him; it's turned into a mostly one-sided relationship since he quit the stones.
just like my old boss jimmie used to say "you cant have one guy doing all the work because there will be resentments "
the MIGHTY casey came thru and now there is joy in mudville again .praise the good lord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-30 20:55 by The Greek.

Date: April 30, 2010 21:58

The Greek
The Greek
StonesTod
kleermaker
StonesTod
The Greek

MT knows mine, but he hardly ever calls anymore unless he needs something from me....

Well, then you can wait very long I presume. But don't you know his number? Ask him by the way if he did new overdubs etc. or that Mathijs is right. And give him my regards please thank you.

i have his number somewhere, yeah, but have very little occasion to call him; it's turned into a mostly one-sided relationship since he quit the stones.
just like my old boss jimmie used to say "you cant have one guy doing all the work because there will be resentments "
the MIGHTY casey came thru and now there is joy in mudville again .praise the good lord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i checked out the gibson J-45 JOHN HIATT model .my compliments to you sir ! very good taste .it has some real beauty and charm to it ,unlike the plain regular GIBSON J-45 .it has the really good look to it .you knocked it out of the park !!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 30, 2010 22:09

The Greek
The Greek
The Greek
StonesTod
kleermaker
StonesTod
The Greek

i checked out the gibson J-45 JOHN HIATT model .my compliments to you sir ! very good taste .it has some real beauty and charm to it ,unlike the plain regular GIBSON J-45 .it has the really good look to it .you knocked it out of the park !!!!!!!!!!!
also i just saw a martin D-41 SAME YEAR as mine at matt umanov in the village $ 6995 .i guess the price went up ,with genuine ivory nut and saddle just like mine and german spruce top just like mine wow .

Date: April 30, 2010 22:11

The Greek
The Greek
The Greek
The Greek
StonesTod
kleermaker
StonesTod
The Greek

also i just saw a martin D-41 SAME YEAR as mine at matt umanov in the village $ 6995 .i guess the price went up ,with genuine ivory nut and saddle just like mine and german spruce top just like mine wow .
one more thing i went to the post office this morning .

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: April 30, 2010 22:57

Thanks, LSTNT...Do you know the name of the band members? Do any of you posting here know the names of the band members? Thanks...and best in music smiling smiley

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: May 1, 2010 04:17

Quique Stone, te das cuenta que el nuestro es un paĆ­s de chorros. Pagamos, en mi caso US$70 cuando en USA pagan US$25.....

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 1, 2010 04:32

LSTNT
rlngstns
LSTNT

Kent

David

Set List:
Secret Affair
Twisted Sister
Fellow With The Blues
Alabama
Burying Ground
You Shook Me
Giddy-up
Encore:
No Expectations

Sounds like a good show, but almost identical to what I saw him do TEN years ago, except that he seems to have finally dropped CYHMK. He could have replaced it with something from Exile, under the circumstances.

Date: May 1, 2010 07:34

donnarq1
Thanks, LSTNT...Do you know the name of the band members? Do any of you posting here know the names of the band members? Thanks...and best in music smiling smiley

Keyboardist Max Middleton
Bassist Kuma Harada
Guitarist Denny Newman
Drummer: not sure but very good

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 1, 2010 07:57

LSTNT

Kent

And you didn't ask him about the EOMS overdubs?!

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 1, 2010 08:01

Thanks for the 411, LSNT smiling smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 1, 2010 09:49

LSTNT
Drummer: not sure but very good

Jeff Allen?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 1, 2010 16:00

I just can't believe that no one is asking Mick Taylor any question about the Exile issue/overdubs whereas he seems to be so accessible to his fans if I've understood the reports well.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: May 1, 2010 18:24

LSTNT
rlngstns
LSTNT

Kent

David

Set List:
Secret Affair
Twisted Sister
Fellow With The Blues
Alabama
Burying Ground
You Shook Me
Giddy-up
Encore:
No Expectations

thanking you

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 1, 2010 19:34

With the set list thus far adhering to his traditional fare, I wonder what to make of this announcement regarding the Riverside, CA show @ Voodoo Lounge:

Mick Taylor
former original member of The Rolling Stones
Saturday May 15th

An Evening of Classic Stones

Mick Taylor performing live at the Voo Doo Lounge

"Mick" Taylor is an English musician best known as a former member of The
Rolling Stones and John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. During his tenure with those
bands, Taylor gained a reputation as a reliable technical guitarist with a
preference for blues, rhythm and blues and rock and roll and a talent for
slide guitar.

Mick will be playing 90% Stones Songs [!!! ???]

Anybody this this unusual set will really happen?

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: May 1, 2010 20:12

stoneslib

Anybody this this unusual set will really happen?

I think that announcement should be filed under False Advertising.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 1, 2010 23:28

Lightnin'
stoneslib

Anybody think this unusual set will really happen?
U
I think that announcement should be filed under False Advertising.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 1, 2010 23:38

David Knopfler is joining him (playing together) for about 3 of the shows, I wonder how that may alter his setlist. Maybe they will do Sultan's of Swing with Mick doing the Mark parts?
I highly doubt it.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 2, 2010 00:16

stoneslib
With the set list thus far adhering to his traditional fare, I wonder what to make of this announcement regarding the Riverside, CA show @ Voodoo Lounge:

Mick Taylor
former original member of The Rolling Stones
Saturday May 15th

An Evening of Classic Stones

Mick Taylor performing live at the Voo Doo Lounge

"Mick" Taylor is an English musician best known as a former member of The
Rolling Stones and John Mayall's Bluesbreakers. During his tenure with those
bands, Taylor gained a reputation as a reliable technical guitarist with a
preference for blues, rhythm and blues and rock and roll and a talent for
slide guitar.

Mick will be playing 90% Stones Songs [!!! ???]

Anybody think this unusual set will really happen?

Wouldn't surprise me if Mick cancels this gig, once he finds out it was advertised in this ridiculous manner.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 2, 2010 00:27

BluzDude
David Knopfler is joining him (playing together) for about 3 of the shows, I wonder how that may alter his setlist. Maybe they will do Sultan's of Swing with Mick doing the Mark parts?
I highly doubt it.
Is Knopfler actually playing with Taylor or just opening?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home