Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor Tour
Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: May 2, 2010 01:13

who's going to the annapolis show???

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 2, 2010 04:06

jaggerman
who's going to the annapolis show???
Couldn't get tickets. The website locked me out.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 2, 2010 04:11

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
David Knopfler is joining him (playing together) for about 3 of the shows, I wonder how that may alter his setlist. Maybe they will do Sultan's of Swing with Mick doing the Mark parts?
I highly doubt it.
Is Knopfler actually playing with Taylor or just opening?

According to the person I spoke to at the Canyon Club, they are playing together, but who knows. (I may be totally wrong but I'm a dancing fool.)

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 2, 2010 06:12

2nd show played Cant your hear me Knocking and had an encore of She Smiled Sweetly. WOW great stuff, if you can please see Mick this tour it's great.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2010 06:21

She Smiled Sweetly?

x
Posted by: gohabs ()
Date: May 2, 2010 18:00

x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-08 04:35 by gohabs.

Posted by: melvin ()
Date: May 3, 2010 00:44

I saw Mick Taylor last night at the Bull Run There ware 300 people, who paid $50 US at the show. Rumor was Mick was sick.
He came out and played Secret Affair, Twisted sister and Loosing my Faith. He was amazing.
then he introduced the band and left the stage as the others in the band played.
He came back at the end of the song and played Giddup, Blues in the morning, Wild eyes and then fisished with an instrumantal that sounded like Can't You hear me Knocking. He was fantastic. then, that was it. no encore.
He did sign autographes after the show so I did go meet him and got a few things signed. Mick was easy io talk to, but I did notice that when he was signing things, his hands were shaking.
From start to finish, the show was 1 hour and 15 minutes.
It was great!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 3, 2010 01:27

The Bull Run show was fantastic but Mick was not feeling well. I heard someone say he has been fighting pneumonia and he seememd to be having problems catching his breath when he came off during his break. His tech was trying to hand him a Les Paul with a Bigsby after "Can't you hear me Knocking" but he waived him off and left the stage. There was then an announcement that he was ill and would not be returning for an encore or be signing any autographs.

Turned out he did sign for us and I got two pix signed. he chatted a little and told me he felt better now that he was sitting while he signed for me.

I also asked him if he did any studio work on the upcoming Deluxe Exile release and he confirmed he layed down some guitar on one track but I did not get to ask him which one...He also hinted at possible future rereleases as he said he may do more studio work in the future....The man can still play and well worth while to see him if you can.........

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 3, 2010 02:51

oldschool
The Bull Run show was fantastic but Mick was not feeling well. I heard someone say he has been fighting pneumonia and he seememd to be having problems catching his breath when he came off during his break. His tech was trying to hand him a Les Paul with a Bigsby after "Can't you hear me Knocking" but he waived him off and left the stage. There was then an announcement that he was ill and would not be returning for an encore or be signing any autographs.

Turned out he did sign for us and I got two pix signed. he chatted a little and told me he felt better now that he was sitting while he signed for me.

I also asked him if he did any studio work on the upcoming Deluxe Exile release and he confirmed he layed down some guitar on one track but I did not get to ask him which one...He also hinted at possible future rereleases as he said he may do more studio work in the future....The man can still play and well worth while to see him if you can.........

This is a great story, oldschool, many thanks! I just told it to my wife because I was so excited about it. Thanks for asking Mick THE question. I guess the track is PMS. Great you've talked with him. Man, I wished I was with you there! Mick is just awsome as a human being.

x
Posted by: gohabs ()
Date: May 3, 2010 03:42

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-08 04:34 by gohabs.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: May 3, 2010 05:03

Just made it back home from the Narrows Center in Fall River. Arrived early to get a great seat and was told that Mick was in the hospital with pneumonia.

The cancellation sucks but I feel so bad for Mick T. He can't seem to catch a break.

MICK TAYLOR BAND CONCERT POSTPONED
SUN - MAY 02, 2010
8:00 PM
CONCERT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO ILLNESS. MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.

[www.ncfta.org]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 3, 2010 10:43

Mick Taylor is sick and I ask everyone please respect his privacy as we all cross our fingers and hope he will get well.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 3, 2010 14:07

barbequebob
Just made it back home from the Narrows Center in Fall River. Arrived early to get a great seat and was told that Mick was in the hospital with pneumonia.

The cancellation sucks but I feel so bad for Mick T. He can't seem to catch a break.

MICK TAYLOR BAND CONCERT POSTPONED
SUN - MAY 02, 2010
8:00 PM
CONCERT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO ILLNESS. MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.

[www.ncfta.org]

Does he still smoke?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 3, 2010 15:25

BluzDude
David Knopfler is joining him (playing together) for about 3 of the shows, I wonder how that may alter his setlist. Maybe they will do Sultan's of Swing with Mick doing the Mark parts?
I highly doubt it.

Is David Mark Knopfler's brother?

Date: May 3, 2010 15:32

BluzDude
sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
I highly doubt it.
Is Knopfler actually playing with Taylor or just opening?

According to the person I spoke to at the Canyon Club, they are playing together, but who knows. (I may be totally wrong but I'm a dancing fool.)

Can I buy you a couple of drinks?

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: May 3, 2010 17:02

Thank you BV for editing my post! I came back to change the content but see you have taken care of it for me. Thanks so much and I hope I did not cause any issues!
Get well soon Mick T!!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 3, 2010 17:40

Get well Mick...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2010 19:44

VoodooLounge13
BluzDude
I highly doubt it.

Is David Mark Knopfler's brother?

Yes. He was the original second guitarist in Dire Straits, playing on their first two albums.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 3, 2010 20:50

Get well Mick...

Posted by: Mister J ()
Date: May 3, 2010 21:24

I saw him 3 weeks ago, adding these two 'plundering my soul" lines during "late at night". He seems/seemed (sorry for my english) in a good shape. didn't smoke any cigarette, didn't drank anything on stage.

he was clean, and playing rather well. less vibrato, more slide, he's 63 years old.

hope he will recover.

Date: May 3, 2010 21:49

I sure hope so too Mister J.
He is so talented!
Fred Hardin

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: May 3, 2010 22:12

Here's wishing Mick a complete recovery.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 3, 2010 23:39

[lighting the incense of well-being for Mick T]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 14:52

What about tonight's show in NYC???

Sorry got ahead of myself! It's only the 4th of May today!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-04 14:58 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 4, 2010 16:46

I am pretty sure they will have to cancel this whole Tour. Get well! that is the most important thing. The tour can be set up to resume again!
Fred Hardin

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 4, 2010 17:26

Fredluvzstones
I am pretty sure they will have to cancel this whole Tour. Get well! that is the most important thing. The tour can be set up to resume again!
Fred Hardin
This would be the second straight tour he's cancelled. Theire wasn't a lot of interest in this tour,even with all the Exile news. He cancels this tour,I doubt we'll see him back on this side of the pond again.

Date: May 4, 2010 18:02

was taylor able to do the friday 4/30 show ?

Date: May 4, 2010 18:11

The Greek
was taylor able to do the friday 4/30 show ?

Yes he did!
He was starting to feel bad at the show according to reviews posted on Shidoobee. It was all down hill from there.
The previous show was fantastic from the same poster.
Fred Hardin

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 4, 2010 18:36

I can't beleive this... second time he has gotten sick before the NYc show. I dont wish him ill and I hope he is alright, but this sucks!!

I hope the illness isn't tied to ticket sales, though based on reports above, it sounds as if somthing is wrong with him. I guess I am just destined to not see Mick live.

His web site only lists the next three dates as postponed. I wonder if he expects a quick tunaround and may make the NYC date up in the near future. Like Charlie Brown kicking the football, i'll keep buying these tickets...

Date: May 4, 2010 18:48

I sure hope he can continue the Tour! That is great to hear they are currently only postponing the next three shows! This is encouraging news indeed! I do know he is Very Sick!
Fred Hardin

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home