Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Mick Taylor Tour
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 4, 2010 20:22

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 4, 2010 21:49

Fredluvzstones
I sure hope he can continue the Tour! That is great to hear they are currently only postponing the next three shows! This is encouraging news indeed! I do know he is Very Sick!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........
You know this how? He told you?

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: May 4, 2010 21:54

I have had some communications with His Office Manager! I know no details though.
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-04 21:57 by Fredluvzstones.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 4, 2010 22:19

Tue 04 May 2010

News update: Mick fell ill after he performed in Shirley, MA. No shows can take place in the next two weeks as Mick will be receiving medical care in hospital

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 4, 2010 22:49

just spoke to the box office at BB Kings. They claim the show is "postponed" for a "couple of weeks" and they are "working on a new date." Tickets can be used for the rescheduled show, or returned for a refund.

I guess that is good news, both selfishly for me and with respect to Mick's health. Of course, I wouldn't have expected them to give me any real details and i'll believe this show is going to happen only when I am in the audience and Mick actually walks out on stage...twice bitten, thrice shy.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 4, 2010 23:37

The American Tour is cancelled according to the management of Mick Taylor. Get well Mick!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 4, 2010 23:58

get well Mick Taylor!!!

your guitar genius is born again this 2nd coming of exile summer '10.
many more uber-millions hearing your amazing guitar work as a Rolling Stone.
as if ya ya's didn't cement your reputation forever. and it did.
your contributions off the charts inestimable, beautiful in Stones and out...thanks for everything mick!!!
just get well. come back to health and the love of a world of music fans that love you.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 02:37

BV, do you know if the South American tour was cancelled?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 5, 2010 20:24

bv
The American Tour is cancelled according to the management of Mick Taylor. Get well Mick!

BV--

since your message was less than an hour after mine, it sounds like BB Kings was giving me a line of bull about working on new dates, huh?

I guess I'll return my ticket tomorrow.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 5, 2010 21:02

carlostones10
BV, do you know if the South American tour was cancelled?

Not yet.

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 21:22

Bjornulf

IS NOT. I spoke to Alvin's in Detroit where MT is scheduled for the 9th, and was told they have NOT, I repeat HAVE NOT, been told the show is cancelled. In fact they said MT's crew has been in contact with them in the last two days re: lighting and sound equipmnt, not cancelling. The other shows I don't know about, I only have tickets for Detroit. Don't post false information.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: May 5, 2010 21:40

Bjornulf wouldn't post false information.

Sounds to me that some of the venues might not have accurate info yet. Maybe the booking agent has not made them aware that there is a problem.

Date: May 5, 2010 21:42

Have a safe trip to Detroit, and please let us all know about your experiences. I have the info about the cancellations directly from the Mick Taylor management. It is cancelled by advice of the doctors due to his medical situation. He is corrently in hospital, and I assume the Detroit promoter did not get the message, or do not want to hear about it...

Bjornulf

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 5, 2010 21:46

Sending my best whishes. Get well Mick Taylor!

Date: May 5, 2010 21:52

I have the info about the cancellations directly from the Mick Taylor management.

- you don't suppose they'd let the venue management know, would ya? lol

Sorry byt Alvin's staff has not heard of any cancellation. The gig's in 4 days. As far as they are concerned the show is on. Sorry but this 'I have connections to MT's management' just sounds like some guy trying to sound important.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-05 21:53 by stones77.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 5, 2010 21:58

but i thought bv already WAS important. i'm so confused.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:01

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............based on the fact that you just registered 9 days ago stones77, please allow me to introduce you to the board: BV IS the reason why we are all here, and is THE authority on the Stones. If BV says it, it IS true. You can take it to the bank, and bet on it. He has inside connections in all the right places. thumbs up This is his board, and we are all just merely his loyal subjects awaiting word of the gears starting to turn for the next world tour.......Questioning his knowledge of such things would be like saying the Beatles are the best band to ever come outta Britain....

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:01

Nice going stones77! Only two posts and you're already having a go at bv!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:03

StonesTod
but i thought bv already WAS important. i'm so confused.

No need to be, StonesTod. BV IS important and has undoubtedly right. The 'eat my hat thing' comes to mind.

Date: May 5, 2010 22:04

BV IS the reason why we are all here, and is THE authority on the Stones

lol, are you kidding me? I bow to his command! haha

by the way I don't bow to anybody, and the Beatles were great; not as great as the Stones mind you, but great in their own way, considering they revolutionaized the entire scene

Date: May 5, 2010 22:06

Have a safe trip to Detroit, as I said. I am not going to discuss this any further. Feel free to go or stay at home, but the whole MT tour is OFF now, sorry about that. Why don't you just call up the venue on the day of the show, before you go there, if you do not trust me?

Bjornulf

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:07

stones77
The gig's in 4 days.

Tue 04 May 2010
News update: Mick fell ill after he performed in Shirley, MA. No shows can take place in the next two weeks as Mick will be receiving medical care in hospital.

[www.micktaylor.info]

Date: May 5, 2010 22:10

this is fun, but need more popcorn...and the beatles were the greatest, imo....but, still....

Date: May 5, 2010 22:11

Why don't you just call up the venue on the day of the show, before you go there, if you do not trust me?

that's probably what I will do, all I know for SURE is Alvins' hasnt heard anything about it

Date: May 5, 2010 22:13

ALVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:18

stones77
BV IS the reason why we are all here, and is THE authority on the Stones

lol, are you kidding me? I bow to his command! haha

by the way I don't bow to anybody, and the Beatles were great; not as great as the Stones mind you, but great in their own way, considering they revolutionaized the entire scene

When it comes to happenings regarding the Stones, yes, he is the authorative figure around here. We don't bow to him - if you stick around long enough, you'll learn to bow to the Plexi like the rest of us. smileys with beer

I, too, wish ya luck with the show....

Sorry, BV, I just felt the need to say something....hope ya don't mind.

Date: May 5, 2010 22:30

ok dude you were right; Alvin's in Detroit just called me back again and said they were just on the line with MT's management and were just informed the 9th is cancelled and MT will be in hospital for a couple weeks or so. Tix are being refunded the same way they were paid for and management is hopeful for a re-scheduling in the not too distant future.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:36

stones77
ok dude you were right; Alvin's in Detroit just called me back again and said they were just on the line with MT's management and were just informed the 9th is cancelled and MT will be in hospital for a couple weeks or so. Tix are being refunded the same way they were paid for and management is hopeful for a re-scheduling in the not too distant future.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 5, 2010 22:37

Kudos to stones77 for posting what he just learned from the club. As a Newbie you could have just sunk into the background and faded from memory. Way to "man up". Although you got off to a rocky start, welcome to IORR... You'll find it to be a pretty cool forum... BV does a great job and the users seem to be, for the most part, pretty cool.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-05 22:37 by mr_dja.

Date: May 5, 2010 22:45

stones77

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was to Alvin's

thanks Mr DJA - I was thinkin maybe others on this board had tickets for Alvin's too; ya never know

and now I know who this BV is too - i wasn't tryin to cause no flap! I'm just a long time Stones fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-05 22:45 by stones77.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home