Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hope for Keith, settle for... Yoko??
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2010 06:10

Spent a glorious Easter weekend in New York and, as always, had my eyes peeled for sightings of Keith. It was not to be, alas, but the reality was even more surreal.

Friday evening, contemplating a walk through Central Park, we had parked ourselves on a bench on the outskirts of Strawberry Fields for a rest, watching the varied cast of folks paying their particular homage to Lennon, when a small group of people entered the park, walking pretty quickly. There were 4 people in a 4-point formation, and a tiny person in the center. It was Yoko out for a walk in the park. It felt very surreal...

(Well, it's a hell of a lot more interesting than my Richard Simmons encounter from the first NYC trip...)

Re: Hope for Keith, settle for... Yoko??
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 8, 2010 08:36

SomeTorontoGirl
Spent a glorious Easter weekend in New York and, as always, had my eyes peeled for sightings of Keith. It was not to be, alas, but the reality was even more surreal.

Friday evening, contemplating a walk through Central Park, we had parked ourselves on a bench on the outskirts of Strawberry Fields for a rest, watching the varied cast of folks paying their particular homage to Lennon, when a small group of people entered the park, walking pretty quickly. There were 4 people in a 4-point formation, and a tiny person in the center. It was Yoko out for a walk in the park. It felt very surreal...

(Well, it's a hell of a lot more interesting than my Richard Simmons encounter from the first NYC trip...)

I used to live very close to there...Get this: I saw Yoko AND Keith sitting behind me in the movie theater for the Rock & Roll Circus premier.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 8, 2010 08:46

Yeah I love that story Tele, and one wonders what they spoke about and if Keith went back to the Dakota for a party.

Date: April 8, 2010 08:48

Hey whitem8, are you back in Singapore? Do you know the Tom Waits song by that name? "Fill your pockets up with earth. Get yourself a dollar's worth".

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 8, 2010 09:13

Hey Tele, actually back in Jakarta:-) I used to live in Singapore. Yeah, of course I know Singapore off Rain Dogs. I am a huge Waits fan. I love that song, and the lyrics are clearly about an older Singapore, it is quite a sanitized version of itself now, many call Asia Light.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2010 09:21

Annie....Did ya offer her an apple?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 8, 2010 09:22

Well I passed Benny Andersson at Mariatorget yesterday..

smoking smiley

Date: April 8, 2010 16:49

Rockman

Naw, I was just sitting there watching the wheels go round.

Date: April 8, 2010 16:51

71Tele
I saw Yoko AND Keith sitting behind me in the movie theater for the Rock & Roll Circus premier.

Now that's a story! You had better seats than Keith and Yoko!

Date: April 8, 2010 18:03

SomeTorontoGirl
71Tele
I saw Yoko AND Keith sitting behind me in the movie theater for the Rock & Roll Circus premier.

Now that's a story! You had better seats than Keith and Yoko!

Not better...they had the best rows roped off for the big shots. I was in the very front where you have to crane your neck to see the screen.

Date: April 8, 2010 18:24

whitem8
Hey Tele, actually back in Jakarta:-) I used to live in Singapore. Yeah, of course I know Singapore off Rain Dogs. I am a huge Waits fan. I love that song, and the lyrics are clearly about an older Singapore, it is quite a sanitized version of itself now, many call Asia Light.

Of course, Jakarta....My short-term memory is shot. Sorry.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 8, 2010 19:08

SomeTorontoGirl
Rockman

Naw, I was just sitting there watching the wheels go round.
Instant Karma?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 8, 2010 19:17

Rockman

Well ...I wish to go back to New York but sorry,that's not the way I remember Central Park .....
I'll post some photos .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 8, 2010 19:50

Has Keith ever been known to spend time in Central Park? I can see maybe years ago when he lived in the city, but I wouldn't think he would now so much.

I love Central Park, i used to roller blade there, occasionally play softball, go ice skating, just handing out in the sheeps meadow on a hot day. So great!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 8, 2010 20:13

It was september 26 of 2002, I was in NYC to catch the Stones at the MSG. A couple of hours before the show I went to see Ron's exhibition somewhere in NY. On my way to the exhibit, I saw Willy de Ville walking down a street. He was wearing a big brown hat and a leather suit of the same color as his hat. He was tall, he had a cane and he didn't look in good health.
In 1980 I saw Rory Gallagher on a London street. Both time I was star-struck and I did'nt try to speak with neither of those great musicians.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: April 8, 2010 23:02

Naw, I was just sitting there watching the wheels go round

Hey gal love it thats ya best line yet .....laughin' ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 8, 2010 23:04

Well ...I wish to go back to New York but sorry

Ahhhhhhhhhhh there's so much annie in the world.... makes a guy shake

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 9, 2010 16:28

I think continuing to live in the place where your spouse was murdered is a little creepy, to tell you the truth.

Date: April 9, 2010 17:14

tatters
I think continuing to live in the place where your spouse was murdered is a little creepy, to tell you the truth.

I think she thinks of it as the place where they lived many years and were happy.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 9, 2010 17:20

71Tele
tatters

I think she thinks of it as the place where they lived many years and were happy.

Yeah, but I don't see how she can bear to pass, on a daily basis, the exact spot where he died a horrible death. That would cause me to be constantly depressed if I were in her shoes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-09 17:31 by tatters.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 9, 2010 18:09

tatters
Yeah, but I don't see how she can bear to pass, on a daily basis, the exact spot where he died a horrible death. That would cause me to be constantly depressed if I were in her shoes.

Maybe there's a front entrance she uses now.

Also, I think John loved living there so maybe her staying is a way of keeping him alive in her head. Reminders of a lost loved one is a nice feeling.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:06

Im not familiar with the American justice system I do know that some States have their own Laws.So can Mark Chapman be keeped in Jail for the rest of his miserable life if they want to.And if he did get out what do ya do with some sad loner like that.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:08

tatters
Everything about Yoko is a little creepy.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:36

Back around the mid-90s, I worked for a lawyer in 500 Fifth Avenue (corner of 42nd street). I was leaving one evening, took the elevator down, got out and was going to turn into the lobby to head straight out the door.

Who passes me to go into the elevator I just got out of? KEITH! He was with a woman. No idea who, but I was thinking may have been Jane Rose. I did not say anything, but I stopped and wondered if I had suddenly "forgot" something back up on my desk. I didn't go back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home