Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: McCartney at the O2 Arena 22nd December 2009
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 23, 2009 15:18

Couple of reviews here ....... I'm sure there's loads more out there.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

[entertainment.timesonline.co.uk]

[www.beverleyguardian.co.uk]

I thought it was a fantastic gig. I also think another particular knight of the realm could well have done with having been in attendance and taken some notes on ...

Awesome setlist, 3 encores, two hours and fifty minutes ......

Re: OT: McCartney at the O2 Arena 22nd December 2009
Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: December 23, 2009 16:49

Wow, what a fantastic setlist - 36 songs !!!

01. Magical Mystery Tour
02. Drive my Car
03. Jet
04. Only Mama Knows
05. Flaming Pie
06. Got to Get you Into My Life
07. Let me roll it/ Foxey Lady
08. Highway
09. Long and Winding Road
10. (I Want to) Come Home
11. My Love
12. Blackbird
13. Here Today
14. Dance Tonight
15. And I Love Her
16. Eleanor Rigby
17. Leaning on a Lampost/ Something
18. Mrs Vandebilt
19. Sing the Changes
20. Wonderful Christmastime
21. Band on the Run
22. Ob-la-di , Ob-la-da
23. Back in the USSR
24. I've Got a Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day in a life/ Give Peace a Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live and Let Die
29. Hey Jude

Encore #1
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back

Encore #2
33. Yesterday
34. Helter Skelter
35. Mull of Kintyre with Scottish Highland Bagpipe Band
36. Sgt Pepper Reprise/ The End

Date: December 23, 2009 17:18

Date: December 23, 2009 17:27

A stunning show with so many high points. McCartney really knows how to put on a performance and of course he has such a vast catalogue to draw from to keep the setlist interesting and different. He is not afraid to perform songs never before played Live (Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da on this tour).

Pyrotechnics during 'Live And Let Die'

The final snowstorm....

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 23, 2009 17:31

gotsta love the man....

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 23, 2009 17:34

I saw Macca at Fenway Park in Boston this summer. He was amazing.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: December 23, 2009 17:37

To be fair to the Stones, McCartney is able to pull off this show in a large part to his cracker-jack band. Jagger no longer, if he ever did, has this luxury.

Date: December 23, 2009 17:43

Shawn20
To be fair to the Stones, McCartney is able to pull off this show in a large part to his cracker-jack band. Jagger no longer, if he ever did, has this luxury.

probably true. but, what does the fact that macca puts on a fab show have to do with fairness to the stones?

Date: December 23, 2009 17:54

well it is a bit easier to do a fab show with two fab guitarists that remember the songs ;-)

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: December 23, 2009 18:05

T&A,

All I meant was - in 2010 it just isn't fair to compare the shows of the Stones and McCartney. Jagger and McCartney are on opposite ends of the touring spectrum. The former has his legendary bandmates which can be both a curse and a blessing. The latter does not enjoy the possibility of touring with his old mates. If he did, the shows, as historic as they would be, could not hold up to his current band's musical competence.

Date: December 23, 2009 18:10

Shawn20
T&A,

All I meant was - in 2010 it just isn't fair to compare the shows of the Stones and McCartney. Jagger and McCartney are on opposite ends of the touring spectrum. The former has his legendary bandmates which can be both a curse and a blessing. The latter does not enjoy the possibility of touring with his old mates. If he did, the shows, as historic as they would be, could not hold up to his current band's musical competence.

yeah, i know. i was just being an ass...tis the season, or something....

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 23, 2009 21:54

weak set list. just kdding. saw MACCA in 2003. he sounded great and the band was spot on. 36 songs. no one comes close to that any more other than Bruce.

Date: December 23, 2009 21:56

Midnight Toker
weak set list. just kdding. saw MACCA in 2003. he sounded great and the band was spot on. 36 songs. no one comes close to that any more other than Bruce.

ouch!!! i was so enjoying this thread and then someone had to go and drag in a bruce reference....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 23, 2009 22:07

At least nobody made a Grateful Dead reference.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 23, 2009 23:27

phil lesh lurks here and punishes those who misbehave

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 23, 2009 23:45

Looks a great set list.And to think our boys struggle to do 20 numbers......

Date: December 24, 2009 00:30

stargroover
Looks a great set list.And to think our boys struggle to do 20 numbers......

Yep, there's a lesson there ................. ain't there Glimmers & Cohl ???? Take note.

Date: December 24, 2009 00:53

T&A
phil lesh lurks here and punishes those who misbehave

In that case,Jerry Christmas and Happy New Weir.(thanks to Bingo for that one).

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 24, 2009 00:55

Isn't he looking at a residency next year at the O2? I'd love to go.....

Date: December 24, 2009 01:13

ablett
Isn't he looking at a residency next year at the O2? I'd love to go.....

I think he's on record as saying that he said he "wouldn't mind" doing a residency at the O2. Can't recall exactly where/when I heard it or read it, but it was within the last week or so during the build-up to yesterday's O2 gig. I'd go see him again, that's for sure. One of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Date: December 24, 2009 01:24

Macca Eyeing O2 Residency?

Posted on Monday December 21, 2009 at 09:01 AM
Prince did it. So did Britney and the Spice Girls. Now Paul McCartney is hinting that he’d like his own string of residency dates at London’s O2 arena.

McCartney, who is wrapping up his winter tour at the O2 Tuesday night, told Absolute Radio he “quite fancied the idea,” according to BBC News.

“Last time I ever did that was when The Beatles used to do Christmas shows, and it was brilliant because … you would be there for a week or two.

“It was fantastic, just dossing in your overcoat and everything."

McCartney’s O2 gig is his only U.K. date on a short tour of European cities. The former Beatle told DJ Geoff Lloyd that he wanted to do a series of shows in the U.K., but there wasn’t enough time to arrange the dates.

“So I rung my promoter and said, ‘Hey, can we do some English dates and can we play maybe Scotland,” McCartney said. “He had a brilliant idea of the Union Jack tour, it was going to be Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, but he couldn’t get the availability at such short notice.”

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 24, 2009 10:30

Just loved the Paris show a couple of weeks ago, couldn't get to London for the O2 show....Fu*****Eurostar.

Funny how some find ways to punish themselves because there are other great performing acts in the world, for me the more the merrier, God do I love to have fun.

Looking forward for the O2 residency. And I centanly hope the Stones would do one also.

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: December 24, 2009 12:09

Did anybody record this show and could post it? Or know where there is site like this one where it could be downloaded?

Date: December 24, 2009 12:20

Bol
Did anybody record this show and could post it? Or know where there is site like this one where it could be downloaded?

Can't answer your question, don't know. But can tell you that I think it's highly likely the show was filmed, there were certainly a couple of guys running around back & sides of stage, as well as the ubiquitous camera front of stage. Don't be surprised if it turns up on DVD in a while.

Date: December 24, 2009 15:21

paulywaul
Bol

Can't answer your question, don't know. But can tell you that I think it's highly likely the show was filmed, there were certainly a couple of guys running around back & sides of stage, as well as the ubiquitous camera front of stage. Don't be surprised if it turns up on DVD in a while.

I doubt there will be an official release as he has just released a DVD as part of his Good Evening New York CD

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: December 24, 2009 15:26

Bol

I take it you didn't record it then?

Date: December 24, 2009 17:51

Bol
paulywaul
Bol

I doubt there will be an official release as he has just released a DVD as part of his Good Evening New York CD

Fair enough, didn't know that. Agree, unlikely in that case.

Date: April 7, 2010 11:23

Finally got a recording of this show. The levels needed tweaking a little but it is a very good audience recording.

Am I allowed to post a non-Stones related recording here? I am sure Ron Wood was in the audience!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 7, 2010 17:16

Bol
Finally got a recording of this show. The levels needed tweaking a little but it is a very good audience recording.

Am I allowed to post a non-Stones related recording here? I am sure Ron Wood was in the audience!

By all means, please do.

Date: April 7, 2010 19:01

Bol

Yes smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home