Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
vulcano in Iceland ! (OT)
Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 2, 2010 18:36

[eldgos.mila.is]

i am still "at the same heygardenscorner" as we say in my language: but i cant help it this is amzing for us, and should be even more amazing for you people living in nonvolcano areas !! , see the melted lava running down to the left producing small smokes...

Re: vulcano in Iceland ! (OT)
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 2, 2010 19:01

I'm the bleedin' volcano...

Date: April 2, 2010 19:12

"I'm the burning bush, I'm the burning fire
I'm the bleeding volcano"

yes volcanos are here and there !!

great great song
serious rock and roll !

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 2, 2010 19:47

It's very grey and nothing seems to move now. Weren't there a site with a webcam following the process?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: April 2, 2010 23:23

have a look now, very clear sight, cold and hot!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-02 23:46 by HighwireC.

Date: April 2, 2010 23:29

Love the way keef just rips through the cords on this one. Still like the open g version to the ones they did during 2005.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: April 2, 2010 23:58

hot guns in cold cold nights

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-03 00:01 by HighwireC.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 3, 2010 09:46

[eldgos.mila.is]

i am still "at the same heygardenscorner" as we say in my language: but i cant help it this is amzing for us, and should be even more amazing for you people living in nonvolcano areas !! , see the melted lava running down to the left producing small smokes...
Thanks for the link! smiling smiley

Date: April 3, 2010 11:40

FolkyFireKitten1
[eldgos.mila.is]

Thanks for the link! smiling smiley

you are welcome!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 3, 2010 13:47

The difference/contrast between the ice and the fire is amazing....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 3, 2010 17:12

[maps.google.com]

I recommend the double cheese.

Date: April 3, 2010 18:19

loog droog
[maps.google.com]

Can't call a burger "volcano" unless they offer jalapenos.

Volcano Burgers got jalapenos?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 3, 2010 19:08

Edith Grove
loog droog
[maps.google.com]

Can't call a burger "volcano" unless they offer jalapenos.

Volcano Burgers got jalapenos?

It's not so much a hot/spicy burger as it is a delicious one.

Honestly, the double cheese is burger nirvana--the best burger I've ever had.

Date: April 15, 2010 13:06

Hey, 6853, that volcano of yours is disrupting air travel now!

Ya'll need to tone that thing down over there, OK? drinking smiley

Date: April 15, 2010 14:15

Seems like everyone in Norway (and in Britain) is stuck at the airports. Didn't know volcano dust was that dangerous!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 15, 2010 14:18

DandelionPowderman
Seems like everyone in Norway (and in Britain) is stuck at the airports. Didn't know volcano dust was that dangerous!
Yes,I've just heard this on the French TV half an hour ago .They said the smoke is so thick that the planes can't neither land,nor take off.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: April 15, 2010 14:41

I recall seeing a science program about one of Krakatau's eruptions causing an exceptionally cold season in the middle-ages which in effect destroyed or set back various cultures around the world. Years of blocked sun and the resulting cold weather & famine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-15 14:42 by Child Of Clay.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: April 15, 2010 14:49

Didn't know volcano dust was that dangerous!

Almost brought down a BA airliner in -82.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: April 15, 2010 21:17

to brits :
you say we owe you cash, but then we send you ash,, smiling smiley

yes life in Iceland is never predictable, but it has side effects. that is for sure...
first bankruptcy with all kind of side effects regarding other nations
then we get 2 volcanos, resulting in closing down airports in countries far away..

what next...?
cant wait for the 7'oclock news... smiling smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 15, 2010 21:23

I have a friend that just left to go there yesterday - hopefully her and her husband made it in OK.

Date: April 15, 2010 21:28

from icelandic news :
force of the volcanic eruption under the Eyjafjallajökull glacier appears to be steady, although last night and this morning there has been explosive activity that is associated with volcanic ash fall.

The extent of the ash fall in the immediate vicinity of the glacier is being investigated. Samples have been collected and have been sent for examination. Preliminary findings indicate that the area around the glacier, and Myrdalsandur, to the east, have been affected.

The volcanic ash has fallen to ground unevenly and sporadically, in some places in a layer up to 3 mm thick. Inhabitants of the area describe the ash as being black to grey in colour and very fine, similar to flour or sugar grains. Volcanic ash fall has also seriously restricted ground visibility in some areas. Scientists do not discount the risk of further volcanic activity and associated risk of flooding. The flow of water into the glacial lagoon is being closely monitored. Cloud cover over the glacier makes observation of the eruption from the ground difficult.

The Police have restricted travel on roads into Vík and Myrdalsandur in the west, and to Kirkjubæjarklaustur in the east. Repair work continues on the bridges in Markarfljót. Those travelling by road in the south of Iceland are requested to drive with caution.

International weather observatories in co-operation with the Icelandic Met Office are monitoring the weather conditions and the projected path of the volcanic ash cloud, which in the present conditions is being carried towards Europe and Scandinavia. Air travel restrictions have been implemented in several European countries.

© 2010 Árvakur hf. Öll réttindi áskilin

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 15, 2010 21:31

Blue Turns To Gray

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 15, 2010 22:29

It's really weird to see burning snow - and terrible to be stranded in Oslo, when I'm supposed to be in LA... Buhuuu.
And they say this eruption could go on for 2 years! I hope air traffic's working again before it's time to head off to the London Olympics.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 15, 2010 22:34

Addicted
It's really weird to see burning snow - and terrible to be stranded in Oslo, when I'm supposed to be in LA... Buhuuu.
And they say this eruption could go on for 2 years! I hope air traffic's working again before it's time to head off to the London Olympics.

Yep, an aiport in Europe is not favorable for the next 24 hours.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 15, 2010 22:40

And what's worse - the air's full of sulphur in Oslo now. Happened the last hour or so. Impossible to open up the windows. This is starting to frighten me.

Date: April 15, 2010 22:48

Addicted
And what's worse - the air's full of sulphur in Oslo now. Happened the last hour or so. Impossible to open up the windows. This is starting to frighten me.

Lockdown mode must be implemented. I'm not sure if volcanic ash is carcinogenic, however, I wouldn't take chances. Perhaps seclusion in the bathroom with fan running is your best bet.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 15, 2010 22:56

I just got back from a two day's meeting in Brussels, 10 of my colleagues from around europe are stuck in Brussels because they closed the airport

Date: April 15, 2010 23:00

Closing in Brussels Sprouts more flight cancellations.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 15, 2010 23:13

For my dutch speaking friends it must be Bankroet that's flying over herewinking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 15, 2010 23:17

Let's not hope Katla / Laki get's alive in the near future - then airtraffic and at lot of other things will get much worse. Things were very bad in 1780'ies.
If that happens - forget another Stones consert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 06:13 by mtaylor.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home