Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: vulcano in Iceland ! (OT)
Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: April 16, 2010 00:09

Things were very bad in 1780'ies.

That's why they went on the infamous 1792 tour in America.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 16, 2010 03:23

Ah, she tastes like wine
Such a human being so divine
Oh she feels like sun
Mother nature look at what you're done
Oh i feel like letting go
Oh i feel like letting go.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:16

I would hate to imagine if I was on my way to a Stones concert and got stuck at a airport.Thats why I always say to people if your going to a concert always allow ya self plenty of time.Ive known of people who left on the same day and miss out because of delays especially if ya going long distance.Things can get pretty messy other wise.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:24

This has completely plundered international air travel.

Date: April 16, 2010 08:30

schillid..It will be a good wee earner for the Railways at the moment.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:43

colonial
schillid..It will be a good wee earner for the Railways at the moment.

For sure... you can be sure the Railways will try to plunder the situation as much as possible

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: April 16, 2010 09:26

colonial
I would hate to imagine if I was on my way to a Stones concert and got stuck at a airport.Thats why I always say to people if your going to a concert always allow ya self plenty of time.Ive known of people who left on the same day and miss out because of delays especially if ya going long distance.Things can get pretty messy other wise.
Well - no fun being over cautious either...
Once I boarded a flight from Oslo to NYC at 4 PM local time (10 AM EST). Landed at 6:30, grabbed a cab and was in Midtown at 8.00. Threw the suitcases into the appartment and ran 500 meters over to the MSG. They had tickets left for the show that night (I only har tickets for the January 18th show, and this was January 16th 2003), but they were expensive. Anyway, got a ticket and took my row 3 seat 12 minutes before the Stones came on stage. That's good timing! Fortunately - all volcanos were sound asleep back then.
Hope everything turns out fine in Iceland and that both human and animal lives are spared. No casualties, please - you're so few already - take care, everyone in the Saga island.

Date: April 16, 2010 11:11

On our news tonight an English pilot was been interviewed and telling of his experience back 1982? A Singapore to New Zealand flight how his plane was going through volcanic ash and not realising it.His 4 engines stopped with flames coming out all 4 of them and the cabin filling with smoke so he dived to 10.000 feet got into clean air the flames went out and the engines started.He said his plane was sandblasted.That would be a scary experience.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 13:56

From [www.csmonitor.com]

"A plume of volcanic ash rises into the atmosphere from a crater under about 656 feet of ice at the Eyjafjallajokull glacier in Iceland on April 14. After the volcano's second eruption in less than a month, northern Europe turned into a no-fly zone on Thursday, stranding hundreds of thousands of passengers due to the huge amounts of ash."

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: April 16, 2010 17:08

Dust Danger over Europe:

[www.spiegel.de]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 16, 2010 18:18

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-16 19:45 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: April 16, 2010 18:55

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: April 16, 2010 19:23

Working for a tour operator specialized in Scandinavia and Iceland this volcano thing is both good and bad.
Good cause now Iceland is everywhere on the news, bad cause people are cancelling trips to all of Scandinavia right now.

Date: April 16, 2010 19:47

What they probadly need now is a good bit of rain it will make things a bit messy on the ground but may help with clearing the skies.Weve had the problem here but nowhere is bad as that..ya just dont want to be hanging ya washing out for a few days.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 16, 2010 19:52

FolkyFireKitten1
From [www.csmonitor.com]

That photo is surreal.

Date: April 16, 2010 20:02

From [www.planetecampus.com]
(Sorry, the site is in French)

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 20:10

i live to the west of the volcano (reykjvik area) so cauce of the western wind,we dont notice a thing, ...

the newest joke on this situation is, that the last wish of the chrashed icelandic economy was to have its ashes spread over Eourope.. smiling smiley

hope nobody of you misses concerts cause of this..

Date: April 16, 2010 20:14

i live to the west of the volcano (reykjvik area) so cauce of the western wind,we dont notice a thing, ...

the newest joke on this situation is, that the last wish of the chrashed icelandic economy was to have its ashes spread over Eourope.. smiling smiley

hope nobody of you misses concerts cause of this..
It's still (near) pure blue sky here (south Belgium), but they said temps will fall down during the night. Don't know if it has anything to do with the ashes...

Date: April 16, 2010 20:21

Thats *Mother Nature* doing its thing and its nothing humans can do about it. But just stand well back and watch it until its finished in its own time ... then theres the next time.To think the heat from those volcanos can turn solid rock in liquid and to see the speed it can travel at its just unreal.Would be great to watch at a safe distance of course.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 16, 2010 21:53

thats what would / could happen right now if you fly over iceland....scary but very interesting clip: (part 2,3 and 4 on youtube)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 16, 2010 22:08

schillid
Blue Turns To Gray

Get off of my cloud...

Date: April 16, 2010 22:59

Addicted
And what's worse - the air's full of sulphur in Oslo now. Happened the last hour or so.

That stuff has got to stink! What's it like over there now?

Date: April 16, 2010 23:24

everything ok in reykjavik area now smiling smiley
i am watching icland vs france in handball on TV

Date: April 16, 2010 23:27

i am watching icland vs france in handball on TV

Who is winning? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 17, 2010 01:14

France are the best handballteam in the world at the moment, world chamions.
my Iceland are probably among the 3 best in the world.
it was "friendly game" ie not a part of a competiton, and ended as a draw 29 : 29. quite exciting, with France leading by 5 goals at halftime.

the French team just managed to get here the day before yesterday, before the airports closed down cause of the ash..

they play again tomorrow, I will keep you posted smiling smiley !

Date: April 17, 2010 11:06

CindyC
FolkyFireKitten1
From [www.csmonitor.com]

That photo is surreal.

it is Cindy. it was taken by the farmer just before he left the farm for security reasons, He is an amateur photographer, just like you and me so to speak, and has now sold the picture to everywhere, he says that the profit of those sales will do god when he has to pay for the repairs og cleaning up of the farm.
Othervise a shiny saturday in Iceland, take care !

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: April 17, 2010 11:56

If I was booked to board a flight from Heathrow to Singapore to Melbourne on Sunday morning, should I be expecting the flight to lift off?

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 17, 2010 12:03

A work colleague's 18 year old son had a bad asthma attack. After a night in hospital, he has been told to stay indoors until the dust situation is resolved. He has to put on a mask to answer the door.

For a friend's birthday, his partner was taking him on holiday to Italy. The flight yesterday was cancelled, but they got the promise of a full refund (from Easyjet!) so are off to the Inner Hebrides in a camper van today.

Date: April 17, 2010 17:42

on behalf of Mother nature Iceland,i apologize for those inconivencies (spelling)
, hopefully this will be over soon. We might though continue with some nice innocent mini-eruption, to boost the tourist industry this summer : )

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 17, 2010 17:52

This global warming has gotten out of hand.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home