Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: How they got their chicks for the first 5 wrows in SHINE A LIGHT
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:14

incorrect, it was no more a film than the others case closed

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:16

schillid
Edith Grove
sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
Next time I go to a Stones show, I'm wearing a blonde wig and stuffing my bra.
That would be different from any other show how?

I forgot to mention that I would need to shave my beard.

Is that necessary?
I'm sure you could keep your panties on.

Absolutely! Panties will not hit the stage. I do have my dignity to uphold.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:39

It's just Sir Mick perpetrating a fantasy (HIS fantasy) that his most devoted fans are all beautiful young women. To fill the front rows with his REAL most devoted fans, would be to admit that the average beautiful young woman of today has no idea who Mick Jagger is, and that reality is just too horrible for him to even contemplate. Not too many "beautiful people" in the front rows in Gimme Shelter. Mousey little girls. Geeky-looking guys. Didn't do the movie any harm, did it?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:48

Bob C.
Just give me a break. It was film. You think they want one of us balding sloths spilling a beer; right, that is appealing. What would you do. I think a sex-addict is someone who can get it whenever he wants, "so I did." "that ain't working."

Yep. It was a film. A documentary film. A genre which is supposed to be, by definition, 'non fiction'.

Documentary film is a broad category of visual expressions that is based on the attempt, in one fashion or another, to "document" reality. - wikipedia

And as we know, its a 'reality' that Rolling Stones concerts are always full of 20 year old blonde vixens in the front three rows.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 24, 2010 03:07

I suppose at alot of Stones concerts the first few rows were kids of the band members and there friends. And the same with the entourage if the bands playing in there city..and theres the invited guests...which is fair enough I would probadly do the same..looking at some of the Stones DVDs Ive seem there kids in the front there somewhere..thats cool.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 24, 2010 04:47

I rather have a bunch of young ladies in the front rows than watching people text messaging and talking on their phones while waving to their friends in the balcony.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 24, 2010 04:54

eerily similar to the manner in which they casted chuck and darryl...Doohhhhhh

(and ron?)

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 24, 2010 04:55

i was right up front, ive seen the stones 40 times been backstage, rattle snaked, hospitality lounged and back rowed.

its because im neither fat nor old. therefore im the desired body type for a hollywood movie.

it aint rocket science.

OLDKR

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 24, 2010 04:58

you'll always be hollywood to me oldkr >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-24 04:59 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 05:07

scottkeef
Guys, forgive me cause this is a little off topic but if The Stones are gonna have guests on some songs(which they could do away with as for as I'm concerned-I'm there to see them) could they PLEASE at least get some people that were alive when the hits were recorded!!

Dude, most of them are dead, aren't they? They'd be like 80 or something.

I joke!! I joke!! In Soviet Russia, the Stones do not make the hits! The hits make the Stones!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 24, 2010 05:37

oldkr
i was right up front, ive seen the stones 40 times been backstage, rattle snaked, hospitality lounged and back rowed.

its because im neither fat nor old. therefore im the desired body type for a hollywood movie.

it aint rocket science.

OLDKR
Well I managed to make the front row in Oakland opening night No Security tour. I was old then.Older now,not so skinny then,not so skinny now.....I guess I'm lucky I didn't get kicked out for being a real fan.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 07:16

After reading the article, I can't help but think that the girl was a legit fan looking for a way to attend a show she sincerely wanted to see. She was "frantically searching craigslist for tickets to the Rolling Stones concert that would take place a day later". I don't think there is anything wrong with this. What stands out as wrong to me is this:

1. Feeling adventurous or not, what the hell is she doing responding to an ad placed by an “older man” looking for a “woman aged 25 or younger” to attend the concert as his date? I'm sorry, but both sides of that equation are just creepy.

2. If the people they ended up picking ranged in age from young hipsters to aging hippies, why did they feel the need to pad the audience to begin with? It seems completely unnecessary. Based on this girl's interest, I think plenty of "cool" looking people would have showed up anyways, regardless of the age of the Stones. When you look at the film, the people in the balcony don't appear to look noticeably different from those by the stage. Why couldn't they have just used the people who showed up, there really doesn't seem to be a difference.

Do the Stones really think so little of their fans?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2010 07:27

StonesTod up front of stage in a moo moo and high heels woulda been cute ta see ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 24, 2010 09:10

melillo
they got them by screwing all the real fans and letting the fake fan bimbos go in our place thats how,the stones suck for this as do the organizers

I quite liked the bimbos. Certainly better than looking at a bunch of old geezers in their stretched lapping tongue t-shirts and long grey hair.

More bimbos - I say!!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 24, 2010 09:48

When the coffin finally bangs shut on my lifelong relationship with the Stones, ie, when they have pushed me as far as I can go and there is no turning back, no more possibilities of forgiveness, this will have been one of the biggest nails in it.

The sheer effrontery of them of them to suggest that their fans--the very people who put them where they are and gave them lives of untold ease and wealth--are too unattractive and irrelevant to be seen with them in public--just amazes me.

The ironc thing is, they themselves could never meet the selection criteria for being in the film!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 24, 2010 10:18

When I go to a Stones concert I go to see The Stones..I dont care less who is in the crowd.Same as watching them on DVD I wouldnt care its the band im looking at.Not the crowd.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 24, 2010 10:21

Because having young attractive female fans at the front proves the Stones are still a hot sexy band right?!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 24, 2010 13:05

Sir Craven of Cottage
melillo
they got them by screwing all the real fans and letting the fake fan bimbos go in our place thats how,the stones suck for this as do the organizers

I quite liked the bimbos. Certainly better than looking at a bunch of old geezers in their stretched lapping tongue t-shirts and long grey hair.

More bimbos - I say!!

easy for you to say because there is no way you are a die hard if you can make that comment, nuff said

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2010 14:04

marty went into scores west and got some of the jiggle girls to act as seat fillers.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: March 24, 2010 14:05

Remember different post DB private show in Salo Oval Barcelona.
Main entrance.........Deutch Bank guests
Back entrance.........Cattering people, Stones crew and non less than 40 gorgeous blondes!!!
If I was Mick, I would like to see nice faces in first rows, don't you?

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: March 24, 2010 14:17

It's not the girls that's the problem, it's the space between them, like they're moving around a picknick. FOS the Stones should be a dangerous place to be, not like a wide meadow!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 14:23

if you all were just a bit more beautiful you all wouldn´t be complaining. grinning smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 24, 2010 14:29

stoneswashed77
if you all were just a bit more beautiful you all wouldn´t be complaining. grinning smiley

Hey, I take offense to that!

I'm beautiful, but I would have needed a sex change operation (and hope Mick didn't find out) to be in that front row.

Never mind, though. I was FOS at Boise and that was a pretty good show.

Date: March 24, 2010 15:02

boogie1969
After reading the article, I can't help but think that the girl was a legit fan looking for a way to attend a show she sincerely wanted to see. She was "frantically searching craigslist for tickets to the Rolling Stones concert that would take place a day later". I don't think there is anything wrong with this. What stands out as wrong to me is this:

1. Feeling adventurous or not, what the hell is she doing responding to an ad placed by an “older man” looking for a “woman aged 25 or younger” to attend the concert as his date? I'm sorry, but both sides of that equation are just creepy.

2. If the people they ended up picking ranged in age from young hipsters to aging hippies, why did they feel the need to pad the audience to begin with? It seems completely unnecessary. Based on this girl's interest, I think plenty of "cool" looking people would have showed up anyways, regardless of the age of the Stones. When you look at the film, the people in the balcony don't appear to look noticeably different from those by the stage. Why couldn't they have just used the people who showed up, there really doesn't seem to be a difference.

Do the Stones really think so little of their fans?

Your second point is a very good one. Its not that uncommon at a show thats being filmed for TV for audience members to be re-located to positions where you get a sizeable amount of photogenic people down front. The Stones did this before at their shows in 1995 at Paradiso, etc. It's no big deal.

The difference is that these were people who bought tickets - not paid models who were 'hired' to take places that could and should have been sold to real fans. The venue used for the 'Shine a Light' film holds about 2,500 people. Its incredulous to suggest that out of that amount of people (spread over two shows), they couldnt have found a couple of dozen reasonably photogenic fans to fill the front couple of rows.

When this happened at the time, it was widely argued on here that it would look phoney and ridiculous when the film was released. And so it did. About 20-30 almost identikit blonde bubble heads in the front couple of rows who could barely clap in time, look in the right direction and who seemed to be spending most of the show taking photos on their cellphones. There was hardly a single review I read when SAL came out which failed to mention how unconvincing it looked and that it was laughable that the Stones and Scorsese were trying to get across the impression that Stones concerts are full of nubile blondes.

The thing is that this is the same band who seem to pride themselves in their ability to attract a fanbase that crosses generations. All except when its being preserved for celluloid, it seems.

Date: March 24, 2010 15:05

oldkr

Not in the sort of movies I watch, you're not! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: March 24, 2010 15:34

If it is a stones show, why didn't any of the girls take their tops off. If they were shaking it, then none of us would be complaining! They just got the wrong kind of girls! They might not have been quite as cute, but we would be more interested.

Maybe a few drinks would have helped, it sure has helped me get what I need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-24 15:36 by dougie.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 24, 2010 15:55

quote from gazza :

Its not that uncommon at a show thats being filmed for TV for audience members to be re-located to positions where you get a sizeable amount of photogenic people down front. The Stones did this before at their shows in 1995 at Paradiso, etc. It's no big deal.

The difference is that these were people who bought tickets - not paid models who were 'hired' to take places that could and should have been sold to real fans

Gazza, regarding the Paradiso shows: your quote is unfortunately not the 100% truth.
The Stones and Cohl DID try and bring in young models at the shows, however they failed miserably! I was as at the 2nd show on the floor, and there were a few models at the first row (I was behind them at the 'second'row thumbs up)
After a few songs in the set most of the hired girls lost interest and went back at the end of the floor.
One of the reasons for hiring (more?) models for the 2nd show was that it was too empty (!) on the floor at the first show. That was told me anyway. The Stones people even tried giving away tickets at the Leidseplein to beautiful looking girls, after the first night fiasco (in filling up the house)
IMO they failed to do that (there were a few, but not many, like in Shine A Light!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-24 15:57 by barbabang.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 24, 2010 16:02

Didn't HBO try something like that with U2 in Boston in 2001 and when the band heard about it, they pulled the plug on the televised rights. Something like before showtime a bunch of "good looking" extras were ushered into the GA Pit.

???

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 24, 2010 17:03

dougie
If it is a stones show, why didn't any of the girls take their tops off. If they were shaking it, then none of us would be complaining! They just got the wrong kind of girls! They might not have been quite as cute, but we would be more interested.

Maybe a few drinks would have helped, it sure has helped me get what I need.

....that's because they were making a PG film/movie..MF'n Buddy Guy nonwithstanding.....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2010 17:18

Phony paid "fan"/actors = LAME! And what about the Stones' Superbowl appearance?
I haven't seen it in a while, but wasn't the crowd there phony? I think they even went through rehearsals.confused smiley
Thats what was great about the Who appearance, they didn't have any phonies anywhere near the stage.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home