Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick & Keith to appear on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 02:03

Wasn't this the same week the Stones requested a permit for an "event" in a park in Brooklyn???

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 02:55

swiss
boogie1969
It's amazing to see all the different interpretations people get from his announcement.

I agree! when I saw it on TV last night I came bounding over here to talk about it, and was surprised at how skeptical/cynical many people are.

If Mick and Keith are on Jimmy Fallon, the crowd is going to be hooting and hollering the whole time --- it won't much matter how keen Jimmy Fallon's interviewing skills are. He'll ask a question or two and everyone will just be focused on Mick and Keith (or whichever of them will be there).

I believe this is going to be awesome!!

I totally agree!!!!!!!!! This is going to be great. Even if Mick and Keith do not show up, we have bands playing Exile all week, whoa!!!!!! Awesome!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 19, 2010 03:55

sounds like a go to me, didnt seem like he was trying to put us on , they may be on different nights but thats ok with me

Posted by: peter ()
Date: March 19, 2010 06:37

IMHO...boys & girls...you can't buy this kind of publicity...May is sweeps month in the television biz..that's ratings month...sex, drugs & rock & roll play a big part during the month of may on every station...I would have to believe that the Stones would like to reach out to as many people as possible to make this 'Exile' release a bigger bang...watching Jimmy hold up the vinyl version of 'Exile' and teasing us about what might happen is pure marketing genius..Lorne being involved is even more reason to believe that this cameo of Mick or Keith will/should happen...really doubt any performance is in the cards..I think Mick would be up for any good sketch that might present itself...much discussion on this board about the RS appearance on SNL in 78 but the best part was Dan Akroyd's impersonation of late night talk show host Tom Snyder interviewing Mick about life as a rock & roll star...great stuff...expect something similar...peter

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 19, 2010 08:14

starstar74
Wasn't this the same week the Stones requested a permit for an "event" in a park in Brooklyn???

mmmmh cant remember but if that's the case things get quite interesting

Stones on Fallon
Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: March 24, 2010 03:25

Someone sent me this off some Phoenix news site...

Rolling Stones Week on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Will Commemorate Exile Reissue

In case you haven't heard, The Rolling Stones are preparing to reissue their iconic 1972 album Exile on Main Street this May. There will be original remastered tracks as well as 10 unheard new tracks available.

This has gotten plenty of people excited -- American Idol producers, who featured some of the Stones' songs last night, as well as producers at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Fallon announced on his show last night that they will be having a "Rolling Stones Week" which will include a different musical guest performing a particular song from Exile every night.

Fallon also announced that there will be special guests all week long -- not so slyly giving away that both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will come on the show. Fallon likes to have icons on his show -- he's hosted Ringo Starr, the cast of Monty Python and former late night talk show host Dick Cavett.

Now the speculation begins: who will be the musical guests for the week of May 10? I have no doubt that whomever they bring on will do an amazing job. Fallon's musical guests have been pretty stellar of late, even if Vampire Weekend was on last week. Yes, I know many consider VW to be a pretty fine musical guest, but I don't. Conan had some unique and spectacular musical guests when he was on Late Night so it's good to see Jimmy carry that forward.

I, for one, am very enthused that he and his producers were able to come up with their "Rolling Stones Week" idea. I can't wait to see it.

Exile on Main Street will be reissued -- in three different formats, of course -- May 18 via Universal Music Group.

[www.non-filters.com]

Re: Stones on Fallon
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 24, 2010 03:32

what a poorly written article. "Fallon likes to have icons on his show". umm...what talk show host doesn't? and why bring up Vampire Weekend? who gives a shit about Vampire Weekend.

Re: Stones on Fallon
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 24, 2010 07:00

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 31, 2010 17:44

looks like Phish is the first band confirmed for Stones week on Fallon's show.
yahoo news

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 31, 2010 18:00

JumpingKentFlash
Jimmy Fallon is an expert at getting people together. He's currently working on getting the cast from Saved By The Bell back together, although I don't think he'll succeed in getting Dustin Diamond (Screech) on the show, since he made that tell-all-and-bash book earlier this year.

Who is this Saved By The Bell group? Reggae band or what?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2010 18:20

bernardanderson
yahoo news
sounds about right

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: March 31, 2010 18:27

The "special surprise guest" is not going to be Keith or Mick, it is going to be Andrew Loog Oldham, who used to be their Manager.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-31 18:27 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 31, 2010 18:55

1cdog
JumpingKentFlash
Jimmy Fallon is an expert at getting people together. He's currently working on getting the cast from Saved By The Bell back together, although I don't think he'll succeed in getting Dustin Diamond (Screech) on the show, since he made that tell-all-and-bash book earlier this year.

Who is this Saved By The Bell group? Reggae band or what?

Characters from the popular teen series that aired from the late 80s to the early 90s.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 31, 2010 18:57

bernardanderson
yahoo news

i wonder if they are going to do Loving Cup - they seem to play that fairly often.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: March 31, 2010 21:15

CindyC
bernardanderson
yahoo news

i wonder if they are going to do Loving Cup - they seem to play that fairly often.

T&A, i gotta give it to trey&co.very fine interpertation of the classic loving cup

Date: March 31, 2010 21:16

The Greek
T&A, i gotta give it to trey&co.very fine interpertation of the classic loving cup

Why did you call me T&A?

Date: March 31, 2010 21:20

CindyC
The Greek

Why did you call me T&A?
oops sorry .

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 31, 2010 21:38

CindyC
The Greek

Why did you call me T&A?
Maybe he was referring to your T&A?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 31, 2010 21:49

sweetcharmedlife

Cool - i'm glad someone is!

Date: April 1, 2010 15:33

CindyC
sweetcharmedlife

Cool - i'm glad someone is!
just wanted to say im sorry for yesterday .i was having a chat with T&A about phish that goes back a little bit .but the loving cup version by phish was really good .

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 2, 2010 07:44

phish's is announcing it to their fans...sending out emails to people on their mailing list.

Date: April 2, 2010 14:48

The Greek
just wanted to say im sorry for yesterday .i was having a chat with T&A about phish that goes back a little bit .but the loving cup version by phish was really good .

No problem!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 2, 2010 17:21

.......Jagger is friends with Fallon. He was invited and attended the afterparty that Mick and L'Wren hosted after her runway presentation in NYC last month. It was a very intimate party and Fallon wasn't there because of his fashion cred., so it's plausible but not certain that Mick would consider his show. Lorne Michaels was also there, and I think produces the Fallon show.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: April 2, 2010 18:29

I makes me sad that Mick and Keith can't show up and play SOMETHING together. I wouldn't think a simple acoustic version of Sweet Virginia would be too much to pull off, but I guess it is these days.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home