Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick & Keith to appear on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 17, 2010 17:30

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 17, 2010 17:40

I don't buy it. Mick & Keith won't perform nor will they be there.

I'll believe it when it happens.
why? once bitten, twice shy.

anyone remember the Stones live broadcast on radio? eye rolling smiley
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 17, 2010 18:10

JumpingKentFlash
Jimmy Fallon is an expert at getting people together. He's currently working on getting the cast from Saved By The Bell back together, although I don't think he'll succeed in getting Dustin Diamond (Screech) on the show, since he made that tell-all-and-bash book earlier this year.
Let's see. The cast from Saved by the Bell and the greatest rock&roll band in the world. Oh yeah,that's about the same thing.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2010 20:42

.........maybe Don Was??

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: March 17, 2010 20:57

Letterman is a scumbag...

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 21:11

Remember the label the Stones recently singed with and that is re-releasing Exile is NBC/Universal. The Jimmy Fallon show in on NBC. So this is obviously a part of the advertising campaign for the new release by the label. And the initial release said the documentary would air on American network TV (NBC). It's obviously going to be on late night due to its content. I find it encouraging the label is putting this much effort into promoting the Exile reissue.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 17, 2010 22:09

I will go out on a limb and say I think Mick will be there with Fallon in person, based on their experience from SNL. Thanks SCHILLID for posting that photo from that great skit!! I loved it!
I am really excited about that week, I just wish he were on a bit earlier. I need the nostalgia from one of the best times in my life....seems like 6 lifetimes ago. I'm not a big Letterman fan either Greek. I watch Leno and Fallon and Craig Fergesson. Jimmy Fallon is the kind of cool guy that the Stones could relate to.

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 22:52

"Friday's (May 14) episode will feature the premiere of a new documentary about the album's creation, "Stones in Exile." "

[www.billboard.com]

Since the documentary is 61 minutes (?) is this going to replace his Friday show or follow it????

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:06

Rochdale3
"Friday's (May 14) episode will feature the premiere of a new documentary about the album's creation, "Stones in Exile."
<snip>
Since the documentary is 61 minutes (?) is this going to replace his Friday show or follow it????

My guess is they meant a "preview" of the documentary, like an excerpt.

leteyer
Will some of our frinds in the USA do copies of the shows for us not living there??

I can't make copies from my TV. But I'm happy to record it with my video camera and post the files on youtube and here. Might not be the best quality but it'll give people a chance to see it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-18 03:07 by swiss.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:21

I think it's pretty clear. Both Mick and Keith will be there at some point that week and one night the show will be prempted for the Exile documentary. Stranger things have happened.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:26

ajc68
Remember the label the Stones recently singed with and that is re-releasing Exile is NBC/Universal. The Jimmy Fallon show in on NBC. So this is obviously a part of the advertising campaign for the new release by the label.

Good point. The BBC have a deal with Universal for music documentaries too and the Exile doc will be part of that.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:34

dewlover
Letterman is a scumbag...

.... leads me to think you have more deep thoughts.

Or is that it?

Back to the subject, I don't think anyone has so far mentioned that Fallon had a Monty Python reunion on his show. Which sounds great, but he really botched it.

The guy is a real fanboy, but he lets that get in the way of his interviews. Actually I don't think he's a very good interviewer, certainly not even close to being as good as the ol' scumbag.....who is in fact, brilliant.

Fallon had Ringo on for an entire show. After stumbling through that, he allowed himself to join Ringo at the mic to sing the chorus of "A Little Help From My Friends" as it closed the show. Great story to tell your grandkids, but miserable TV for the rest of us.

He'll be on his knees for Mick and Keith, and it won't be pretty.

Still, I have to say the guy did a heckuva Neil Young impersonation. Spot on.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:35

looking forward to the doc

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:48

I certainly don't think Fallon is doing a wind-up, I think he was stating very clearly that Keith and Mick will be appearing at some point that week. The catch is, like some others have already said, is in what way, shape, and form they will appear.

It is quite likely that their appearances will be separate from each other, and it's obviously possible that one or both could be via satellite, or even some type of pre-recorded thing.

However it comes off, it's not that surprising really that they would do something like this, and on this show. As it's already been said, NBC is part of their record label's parent company, and they have a pretty long history with Late Night's producer, Lorne Michaels, so it makes sense.

Will Mick and Keith appear together for an interview and/or perform, possibly with other act/acts? Anything is possible, but I think we all know that that dream of an ideal appearance is highly unlikely. But Jimmy Fallon said that Mick and Keith will appear, in some way and to some degree, and I believe him. And I don't think it will be an impersonation, it will be them. We might be lucky to get even one of them actually in the studio, but I think they will appear.

It's amazing to see all the different interpretations people get from his announcement.

Date: March 18, 2010 04:03

boogie1969
It's amazing to see all the different interpretations people get from his announcement.

I agree! when I saw it on TV last night I came bounding over here to talk about it, and was surprised at how skeptical/cynical many people are.

If Mick and Keith are on Jimmy Fallon, the crowd is going to be hooting and hollering the whole time --- it won't much matter how keen Jimmy Fallon's interviewing skills are. He'll ask a question or two and everyone will just be focused on Mick and Keith (or whichever of them will be there).

I believe this is going to be awesome!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 18, 2010 05:11

That's what's so funny - Fallon could do an impersonation of Mick any time he wants. I can't see this being a gag to build up one of those.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 18, 2010 07:14

That was Jimmy Fallon doing the mirror thing with Mick on SNL, yes?
I think Mick is very comfortable with him, and as mentioned has a long-time
connection with Lorne Michaels. I think both will be on the show, at least on tape. T'will be worth watching, anyway.

We will appreciate reminders as we come closer to the scheduled week.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 18, 2010 07:28

someone affiliated with the roots (now house band) seems confident enough to travel for it.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 18, 2010 07:35

angee
That was Jimmy Fallon doing the mirror thing with Mick on SNL, yes?
I think Mick is very comfortable with him, and as mentioned has a long-time
connection with Lorne Michaels. I think both will be on the show, at least on tape. T'will be worth watching, anyway.

We will appreciate reminders as we come closer to the scheduled week.
Mick was great on that cut. He is great when he is him self and not trying to be another one.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 18, 2010 17:31

little queenie
someone affiliated with the roots (now house band) seems confident enough to travel for it.

That's you - isn't it!!!

Exile fest on tv
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 18, 2010 14:15

[www.rollingstones.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: Exile fest on tv
Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: March 18, 2010 14:55

That will be cool....thanks for that

Found this on SFN Re: Exile Reissue
Date: March 18, 2010 16:24

Can Howard finally get the Rolling Stones?
2 months from now, they're going to be promoting the "Exile on Main Street" reissues on Jimmy Fallon's show all week long. He already let it slip that Keith Richards is going to be on the show, and a lot of surprise guests will be stopping by that week to do songs from the album.... he didn't say Jagger's going to be on, but Jagger DID do the SNL skit with Jimmy.

Also wonder if they're bringing back the Stones channel for a limited time.

Re: Found this on SFN Re: Exile Reissue
Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 16:57

No way in HELL is Mick gonna put himself in a position to be asked how big his schlong is,how many chicks has he banged, and how does Angie Jolie taste. BABABOOIE!

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 18, 2010 17:24

fafafooey

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2010 17:44

when is artie lange coming back ?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 18, 2010 18:39

toomuchforme
[www.rollingstones.com]
That doesn't say anything about Mick or Keith being on the show.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 22:45

The Greek
when is artie lange coming back ?
I think he's toast as far as the show is concerned. Jackie wants to come back!

Date: March 18, 2010 23:10

sweetcharmedlife
toomuchforme
[www.rollingstones.com]
That doesn't say anything about Mick or Keith being on the show.

hm, you're right...

I contacted rollingstones.com and this was their response

Greetings -

All the information we have is posted on the fanclub site, exactly as their
management gives it to us.

Regards,

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:22

CindyC
little queenie

That's you - isn't it!!!

lol...no but he said he might be able to get me a guest pass

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home