Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Where's the EXILE news?
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 15, 2010 08:54

It's killing me. I need hard info. We've had third-party sources say there's between 3 and 11 unreleased tracks, vague Jagger interviews etc., but nothing clear, concise and authoritative.

Re: Where's the EXILE news?
Posted by: Rubicon ()
Date: February 15, 2010 10:19

I had a glance at Rolling Stone magazine today and there's a couple of paragraphs about release of Exile with 3 new tracks and alternate versions of existing songs. Keith was quoted as saying " i said to Mick, did we record these tracks!" it appears he could not remember recording them at all.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 15, 2010 14:41

Hope this isn't another (shelved) project. I'm beginning to have doubts.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 15, 2010 15:09

I'm sure it will come out.
But yeah, I've been a little bored with IORR lately, with no news coming in. Maybe I got spoiled with all the news about Ya-Ya's and Exile before.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: February 15, 2010 15:09

in this month Rolling Stone Italia, there's mick on the cover, and long interview about Exile reissue. Its gonna actually come out

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2010 15:37

It isnt due out yet for another 3 months. What on earth are some people expecting re: news at this stage? Track listings?

Posted by: WATER HOG ()
Date: February 15, 2010 16:12

Agreed, the wait will be worthwhile when it's released. These things take time and we are talking about their greatest ever recordings. It will be like a bottle of vintage wine.

Date: February 15, 2010 17:38

Wasn't the original release date fall of last year? I have a flyer stating that. They were inserted in the German remasters.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 15, 2010 17:41

I hope it is not just newer versions of the same old songs. I would like all new songs. I never was much of a fan of the original EOMS anyway.

Date: February 15, 2010 18:37

frankotero
Wasn't the original release date fall of last year? I have a flyer stating that. They were inserted in the German remasters.

Yes, it was - but it was confirmed about six months ago that it would be delayed until 2010. The scheduled release date is around May 12th.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2010 18:37

You mean older versions!

Date: February 15, 2010 19:12

OK Gazza. I'll try to exercise patience. LOL.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 15, 2010 19:19

flilflam
I hope it is not just newer versions of the same old songs. I would like all new songs. I never was much of a fan of the original EOMS anyway.

Never a fan of the original EOMS anyway? And now youre hoping for A BIGGER BANG = new songs better than the old ones? Quite adventurous, I would say!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 15, 2010 19:21

Gazza
It isnt due out yet for another 3 months. What on earth are some people expecting re: news at this stage? Track listings?

A press conference at St. Peters Plaza in The Vatican City to the sound of "Just wanna see his face".

Date: February 15, 2010 20:22

frankotero
OK Gazza. I'll try to exercise patience. LOL.

Believe me. It aint easy.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 16, 2010 00:58

I can't wait for this to be released!! EXILE is my absolute favorite Stones album...I know, you already know how much I love it because I've said it 100 times here! Every time I listen to it I marvel at how it still impresses me. I guess it's like " Some Girls"; you either love it or NOT!! For me, it was not impressive, a big NOT! EXILE Is more rooted in the basic rock/blues that they cut their teeth on. It's that raw quality that I love, and for me, they never quite achieved that same one-take sound ever again.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 16, 2010 01:54

yea,exile is my favourite cd,i cannot wait for deluxe editon to come out,we should all be pleased as it will be well produced and hopefully will be worth the wait. LIKE THEY SAY YOU CANNOT PLEASE SOME PEOPLE WITH WHAT YOU GIVE THEM,I AM HAPPY THAT STONES ARE STILL ROLLING AND I AM PROUD OF THE BIGGER BANG CD.
STONES ARE THE GREATEST ROCK BAND.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:04

if you do not ADORE Exile you are not a Stones fan. It be impossible

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 03:35

mickscarey

Adoration is a strong emotion, I think appreciation is the correct term here.

Date: February 16, 2010 03:37

mickscarey

Jagger's evidently not a Stones fan, then. Brilliant analysis as usual.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 16, 2010 04:49

Gazza

We got the full details on Ya-Ya's a full two months before the release, so we could have the same on Exile in just a few more weeks.

Date: February 16, 2010 05:02

Gazza
mickscarey

Jagger's evidently not a Stones fan, then. Brilliant analysis as usual.

Hate to say it, but I kinda agree with mickscarey. How can you be a fan of someone and not be a fan of their acknowledged masterpiece? It's like someone saying they love Michelangelo, but never really cared much for the Sistine Chapel. And Jagger, strictly speaking, is not a Stones fan. How can anyone be a fan of their own stuff? You can only a fan of other people's stuff.

Date: February 16, 2010 05:22

frankotero
Hope this isn't another (shelved) project. I'm beginning to have doubts.

I'm not. It'll be out in May. It's no accident that MT has scheduled a U.S. tour for that same month.

Date: February 16, 2010 05:27

alimente
flilflam

Never a fan of the original EOMS anyway? And now youre hoping for A BIGGER BANG = new songs better than the old ones? Quite adventurous, I would say!

He means he wants previously unreleased songs recorded during the Exile sessions, rather than alternate versions of songs that were released on Exile. At least, I THINK that's what he means.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 18, 2010 10:37

In lieu of official news, I have assembled the following from a pretty much unimpeachable source, though things can always change:

In addition to the three Jagger has confirmed, "Following The River", "Plunder My Soul" and "Sophia Loren", look for the following to be on the new CD: "Scarlet" (Stones version, said to be amazing), "Loving Cup" (original version), "I Ain't Signifying" (aka Ain't Gonna Lie), "Aladdin Story" (with unbootlegged original Jagger vocal) and "Soul Survivor" (with original Keith vocal). They are looking to include at least some things that have not been bootlegged in these versions.

Don't look for these to be on this reissue: "Potted Shrimp" and "Highway Child". At least one of these has been determined to come from the Goats Head Sessions ("Potted Shrimp" I believe).

If this reissue works out, there is talk of following up with Goats Head Soup and, specifically, Some Girls.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 18, 2010 10:56

>> though things can always change <<

smile: if things are still changeable, can we add the demo of Rip This Joint with Keith singing lead?
please?? :E

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 18, 2010 11:10

TeddyB1018
In lieu of official news, I have assembled the following from a pretty much unimpeachable source, though things can always change:

In addition to the three Jagger has confirmed, "Following The River", "Plunder My Soul" and "Sophia Loren", look for the following to be on the new CD: "Scarlet" (Stones version, said to be amazing), "Loving Cup" (original version), "I Ain't Signifying" (aka Ain't Gonna Lie), "Aladdin Story" (with unbootlegged original Jagger vocal) and "Soul Survivor" (with original Keith vocal). They are looking to include at least some things that have not been bootlegged in these versions.

Don't look for these to be on this reissue: "Potted Shrimp" and "Highway Child". At least one of these has been determined to come from the Goats Head Sessions ("Potted Shrimp" I believe).

If this reissue works out, there is talk of following up with Goats Head Soup and, specifically, Some Girls.

Great, great news. I am especially looking forward to "Soul Survivor" with Keith vocal. If they do GHS and Some Girls with this treatment I will be "Happy" for years to come!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 18, 2010 11:26

Gazza

Well, yes Gazza, tracklisting at this stage it would be perfect! winking smiley

and about the italian rollingstone mag with jag on cover, the interview is the transcription of the audiofile already in circulation but the translation in italian is sooo bad that i myself could not understand many portions of it. rollingstone mag is rubbish. the only nice thing to say is that they mantain a certain sense of humor so that they actually publish many letters fron readers that insult them for the bad quality of the the mag

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 18, 2010 11:58

Why not a tracklist, or at least a somewhat specific outline, eg. how many discs, focus of each disc etc? They've been working on this for a considerable period of time.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 18, 2010 12:04

Yes please, and a tour to back it, playing it in full from start to finish
Gazza

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home