Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Where's the EXILE news?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 24, 2010 01:51

georgelicks
skipstone
What are the sales of U2's reissues that are remastered with all the bonus tracks on the second disc? There doesn't seem to be any concern over album sales. I haven't heard anything about the U2 reissues selling well.

The U2 re-issues did sell like Thriller in comparison with the Stones remasters:

Stones:

- Jump Back (US #171)

NOTHING ELSE MADE THE UK OR US TOP 200

U2:

- Boy (UK #76, US #169)
- War (UK #77, US #146)
- October (UK #79, US #189)
- The Unforgettable Fire (UK #64, US #61)
- Under The Blood Red Sky (UK #86, US #95)
- The Joshua Tree (UK #51, US #85)

The Joshua Tree remaster alone did sell over 60k in UK and 120k in US, far more than the Stones remasters series combined. Appalling.

The U2 remasters have bonus tracks, don't they? That would seem to make all the difference. Then again, The Beatles remasters had ZERO bonus tracks and sold like brand new releases!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 24, 2010 02:13

But the one big difference with The Beatles remasters was/is the sound quality - finally mastered for the current technology - to sound as true to the original as possible. The people who care about sound quality will buy The Beatles catalogue in some capacity. I won't get everyone. Then again I might. Knowing that the sound is a million times better - isn't that why whoever bought the ABKCO Remasters bought them? Because Ludwig made them sound like they're supposed to sound?

Without a doubt the biggest selling point of the U2 reissues is the second disc - no matter the content. The remastering and packaging is just lagniappe.

The AC/DC remasters and packaging are top notch. And with a box set of all the other finished studio material, a fan can have it all at the highest of quality to boot.

See how The Rolling Stones don't fit into that picture? Without demand, AC/DC and U2 remastered/are remastering their back catalogue, dialed up the liner notes with lots of extra things, and threw in a box set/second disc with previously unavailable/unreleased tracks, B-sides and live tracks.

What a concept. Meanwhile, UME is giving us Exile with who knows what other than 3 previously heard yet alone known tracks. This could be the only box set-esque release we'll ever get of the (post-ABKCO) indie era Stones.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 24, 2010 12:02

I would love to see albums reissued but with a live DVD. There are proshot 1978 shows that could be coupled with Some Girls, Hampton '81 with Tattoo You, Tokyo '90 with Steel Wheels. There's endless Proshot footage that could be released with minimal remastering. I would love a load of live shows on DVD than outtakes from Tattoo You or Some Girls.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 24, 2010 14:45

Is there an official release date for Exile ?

sc uk

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: February 24, 2010 15:05

flairville
I would love to see albums reissued but with a live DVD. There are proshot 1978 shows that could be coupled with Some Girls, Hampton '81 with Tattoo You, Tokyo '90 with Steel Wheels. There's endless Proshot footage that could be released with minimal remastering. I would love a load of live shows on DVD than outtakes from Tattoo You or Some Girls.

Agree totally- should have been done with the ya yas reissue, and should also be done with the exile reissue as well.

Exile Deluxe, one source says only 5 new tracks???
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 25, 2010 11:28

In the other thread Susanne Wortmann says there will be 5 new tracks on Exile. Teddy B says 11. What can we believe now???

Re: Exile Deluxe, one source says only 5 new tracks???
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 25, 2010 11:30

Believe nothing until you have the product in your hand. thumbs up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 25, 2010 12:38

No need to start a new thread about this.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 25, 2010 14:55

Blueranger
In the other thread Susanne Wortmann says there will be 5 new tracks on Exile. Teddy B says 11. What can we believe now???

Teddy says 11 tracks..not 11 new tracks.

Both could be correct, if its 5 'new' tracks and 6 that are alternates.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 25, 2010 17:03

10 never before heard tracks. That includes the 3 'new' songs.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 25, 2010 19:48

Ronnie Wood's Band???? here it goes ayway >

Rolling Stones songs 'unearthed'
Thursday, 25 February 2010

An album by Ronnie Wood's band The Rolling Stones is being re-released

ENLARGE
Ads by Google

Willie Nelson News & More
World famous rockers talk about themusic they make & guitars they love
Gibson.com/Lifestyle

Go To Brodyreport.com for
CBSsportsline,CNNSi,and sports newspics,links,and headlines.First,Free
www.brodyreport.com

Vinyl LP 45 7" New & Used
CDs, Posters, Rare LPs,Rare RecordsRock, Soul, Pop, Jazz, Metal, R&B
www.jadsjams.com

Download LP to CD Wizard
Download software to convert andburn vinyl LP records to CD.
audio.nch.com.au/software

Print Email

Search
Go
Bookmark & Share

Digg It
del.icio.us
Facebook
Stumbleupon
What are these?

Change font size: A A A
The Rolling Stones' album Exile On Main Street is being re-released with 10 tracks that have never been heard before.

Exile On Main Street was first released more than three decades ago and was regarded as one of the greatest albums in rock n' roll history.

The new compilation by the band - comprising Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts - features 10 tracks originally recorded during the Exile era and only recently discovered while working on the reissue project.

The "unearthed" tracks include titles Plundered My Soul, Dancing In The Light, Following The River and Pass The Wine.

The album, re-released by Universal Music Group, will be available from May this year.

Read more: [www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk]

[www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 25, 2010 19:59

that's some nice cutting and pasting there, ChefGuevara. haha.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 25, 2010 20:11

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 25, 2010 19:59

that's some nice cutting and pasting there, ChefGuevara. haha.

Call that DIRTY WORK.
Sorry.

Do you all believe this???
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 17:36

Personally I do not. Found it on one site.

Anonymous said...

I saw pics of keith and he looks sick, his stomach is bloated... maybe J Depp knows he's dying and is doing this last documentary

Anonymous said...

find me a time in the last 20 years when richards didnt look like he was about to die

Re: Do you all believe this???
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 25, 2010 17:38

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 25, 2010 17:50

pftw04
Personally I do not. Found it on one site.

Anonymous said...

I saw pics of keith and he looks sick, his stomach is bloated... maybe J Depp knows he's dying and is doing this last documentary

Anonymous said...

find me a time in the last 20 years when richards didnt look like he was about to die
Hey, you registered 2 weeks ago, and all of your 6 posts are trying to stir up some rumour about Keith's health... What are you? A tabloid journalist trying to find something to write about? Trying to find "proof" or "sources" who can "confirm" what you'd like to write? I can see you've already got that story in your head...
Forget it, man.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 25, 2010 17:51

Rubbish, the photos were posted here, Keith Richards has gained weight, but he looks rather healthy, I know nothing about his actual health of course. -
I remember that Giovanni Agnelli said to Gunther Sachs when both were in their sixties: "At our age one does not need cocaine but cortison".

Date: February 25, 2010 17:56

Exactly, windmelody! The guy's just trying to start a rumour so he, or another tabloid joke-reporter can stir up a scandal.
Keith looks healthy, he's not drinking alcohol and yes, he's put on some weight, but he carries it well. All in all it's a health gain for him.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 25, 2010 17:59

Bollox and foxtrot oscar to pftw04.

Date: February 25, 2010 18:03

Have a look at his posts... All six of them trying to indicate something about Keith's health - I get really suspicious. (Not regarding Keith's health - but regarding this guys motives.)

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 25, 2010 18:03

Beast
Bollox and foxtrot oscar to pftw04.

Something about sex and travel springs to mind

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:17

More news about Exile:

The Rolling Stones are to reissue their 1972 album 'Exile On Main Street' with 10 previously unreleased tracks.

The reissue is set to come out on May 17, coinciding with a newly filmed documentary called Stones In Exile, which will be broadcast in May.

As well as the original album, the new release also features 10 previously unreleased Rolling Stones songs from the period that were unearthed while working on the reissue project.

Those tracks include the likes of 'Plundered My Soul', 'Dancing In The Light', 'Following the River' and 'Pass The Wine'. Meanwhile, alternate versions of 'Soul Survivor' and 'Loving Cup' are also included.

The release will be available as both the original 18-track release, and a deluxe edition with the 10 bonus tracks. Meanwhile, a super deluxe package also includes vinyl, a 30-minute documentary DVD, and a 50-page collector’s book.

[www.nme.com]

[kpn.dk]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:20

Gazza
Blueranger

Teddy says 11 tracks..not 11 new tracks.

Both could be correct, if its 5 'new' tracks and 6 that are alternates.

Don told me eleven. That was about two weeks ago. They must have cut one since, with the announcement of ten The only alternates he mentioned specifically were Soul Survivor with the Keith scratch vocal and the early Loving Cup.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home