Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Keith: rhythm guitarist or lead guitarist
Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:53

...Mkjan and 6853 have both left the building to be substituted by Kleermaker and ...

Date: February 14, 2010 02:55

...gripweed again!

If I was kingkirby or icegiant, I'd be asking for a transfer.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: February 14, 2010 03:21

WHAT? He is the rhythm king!

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: February 14, 2010 05:19

Rhythm, lead and singer

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 14, 2010 05:25

Barn Owl
kleermaker
Grippy, I would let that Owl in his barn if I were you. I've done it too. Much bettersmiling smiley

...and now you're passing advice on to yourself!
My Barnyard friend what's up? Ed is a good guy on the up and up. Leave it out why don't you? One expects more wisdom and decorum from an owl...

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 14, 2010 05:40

ChrisM
My Barnyard friend what's up? Ed is a good guy on the up and up. Leave it out why don't you? One expects more wisdom and decorum from an owl...

Thank you Chris, Finally some Sanity around these parts, Lol

I DON'T know what to think of this place if " " is how to gauge such a place ...
I came in peace to learn some things & maybe pass on some of my Wisdom, but I find it HARD to endear myself to someplace that doesn't regulate itself, if you all know what I mean

Date: February 14, 2010 05:44

skipstone
You left out that Noone person. I see his named got mentioned again.
That would be Peter Noone, he had a lovely Daughter at one time

Date: February 14, 2010 16:45

ChrisM
Barn Owl
kleermaker
Grippy, I would let that Owl in his barn if I were you. I've done it too. Much bettersmiling smiley

...and now you're passing advice on to yourself!

Firstly, ChrisM, my good man, do you think that that is Eddy in the picture? The guy who you trade with (from NW Scotland)?

Because it isn't.

Secondly, do you think that kleermaker is actually dutch, like yourself?
Because the answer to that too, is "no, he isn't".

I'm not doing this out of spite or rancour, or perhaps to prove a point, or some far-flung, crazy theory. I'm exposing this fraud because basically, he is trolling this site to a state where soon, many of you guys won't have a clue who you are talking to because this nutcase of a recluse has it in for BV.

I ask you to simply look for yourself at the case I have made; the list of names, the frequency in which they come on, one after the other, but only as pairs, when he is not usng the open access facilities in his local library. Look at how, when one gets banned, "others" plead for re-instatement.

It's no skin off my nose if this nutcase trolls the site to death, but don't say you haven't been warned. I'm only trying to help.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: February 14, 2010 17:14

i'm missing something here.

but what?

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: February 14, 2010 17:23

me three ( too smiling smiley )

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: February 14, 2010 17:26

i'll be on zee liszt too

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2010 19:41

71Tele
Hey Mr. DJa: What is the Steve Bailey Bass VI you referred to? I have the 90s Japan reissue Bass VI, but have not heard of the other one. Cheers.

Out for about a year. I think that 2009 was first production year and am not 100% sure it's even available in 2010 production though new one's do seem to be available online. I've yet to actually have one in my hands but think that if I get one in my hands I might not be able to put it down.

Links follow...
Fretless: [bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com]

Fretted: [bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com]

Finish would even match my Tele!

Date: February 14, 2010 20:07

Barn Owl
Firstly, ChrisM, my good man, do you think that that is Eddy in the picture? The guy who you trade with (from NW Scotland)?

Because it isn't.

Secondly, do you think that kleermaker is actually dutch, like yourself?
My feathered friend, I never thought that gripweed was the fabled Eddy of Alban as gripweed is a west coaster like myself. As for being Dutch, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Perhaps you have confused me with someone else. Anyway, it seems that you have been banned from IORR so I hope you will be back in one form or another,(Maybe you are now?) just leave out the accusations OK? There's no profit in it.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 15, 2010 00:20

If Barn Owl has been removed from IORR, then I hope his actions have not been in vain.

By and large, the hunting instincts of our feathered friend seems to have drawn justifiable attention to the trolling habits of certain individuals on this board, and perhaps with the exception of one person, he sadly, appears to be justified with with the remainder of his assertions.

A sign of the times, I guess.

Date: February 15, 2010 01:38

I have no idea why anybody would think I'm a Troll
on a Rolling Stones Board, that's all I'm gonna say

Date: February 15, 2010 02:06

With respect, hasn't our feathered friend pointed those reasons out quite clearly?

Date: February 15, 2010 04:56

LOGIE, I don't what's going on here but I do know gripweed and he seems straight up to me. And even if if someone posts under various nom de plumes so what? Anyway, our mutual friend north of Hadrian's wall says you are a Rusty. Shoot us an e-mail if you have a mind too as I have some stuff that you may like..

Now back to to our regularly scheduled post. Keith is a guitar player with a a unique voice. I've never heard anyone who can play like he does and his playing when he's on is like hearing the sound of angel's trumpets and devil's trombones all at once. As great as an overall player he has been, his strength is in his rhythm playing. The way he plays the Chuck Berry 12 bars is the best I've ever heard. I've tried for years to replicate the way the way he plays it and I've never quite nailed it. His rhythmic phrasing is redefined how rock and roll guitar should be played. He is the reason I picked up guitar and remains to this day my all time favorite guitarist. I can't say enough what his playing has meant to me over the years. I humbly bow in his direction...

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 15, 2010 09:26

He is just a guitar player. That's all

I enjoy SFTD version on GYYYO with both great solos, very very nice both.

Yesterday i saw the version of SFTD in the RS at the Max DVD; the guitar solo is very simple, technically, but it is a reat great solo compared with the solo you can suffer on SAL film, wich is a bad joke

Date: February 15, 2010 10:29

ChrisM
LOGIE, I don't what's going on here but I do know gripweed and he seems straight up to me. And even if if someone posts under various nom de plumes so what? Anyway, our mutual friend north of Hadrian's wall says you are a Rusty. Shoot us an e-mail if you have a mind too as I have some stuff that you may like..

Great to meet a fellow Rusty!

I don't know whether you saw these pics of Neil in Nottingham 2009, but if you didn't, here they are again:

[www.iorr.org]

and these are from Cork, 2008:

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-15 11:30 by LOGIE.

Date: February 15, 2010 12:57

Imo, a good guitar player must be able to:

- Write good songs
- Hold a steady rhythm
- Play solos where needed
- Provide a signature sound and a unique, personal expression

Keith is one of the few that possesses all those abilities. That's why he's so good.

Date: February 15, 2010 13:07

DandelionPowderman

- Write good songs
- Hold a steady rhythm

Keith is one of the few that possesses all those abilities. That's why he's so good.

I disagree..................... he's more than so good. He has been a master, he was very very good

Date: February 15, 2010 13:23

KeithNacho
DandelionPowderman

- Write good songs
- Hold a steady rhythm

I disagree..................... he's more than so good. He has been a master, he was very very good

LOL! No disagreement from my part smileys with beer Naturally, I meant "so good" as in THE best smoking smiley

Date: February 15, 2010 13:27

He is the man, OK?
I hope he could do more music for us; i do not care of much more RS new music; but there is a lot recorded that should be enjoyed by us

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 15, 2010 18:57

Could someone explain this - is there something about being Dutch? Or is it just that whole 'they say they are' and then can't make a sentence correctly?

Y'all are nuts. Turning into trolls in these threads.

Date: February 16, 2010 15:30

skipstone
Could someone explain this - is there something about being Dutch? Or is it just that whole 'they say they are' and then can't make a sentence correctly?

Y'all are nuts. Turning into trolls in these threads.

I reckon you're spot on, Skip!

Barn Owl may have got it wrong about gripweed, but his other assertions seem to hit the nail firmly on the head.

I know you're thinking that the only person capable of running so many trolls would be a remote, friendless, unemployable misfit with severe psychological problems and seemingly endless time on his hands, with a an obsessional desire to bring this site down.

But they really DO exist!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 16, 2010 18:27

DandelionPowderman

- Write good songs

why? what does one thing have to do with the other? must a good song-writer also be able to play good guitar? and must a good tree surgeon also be able to tell funny jokes?

Posted by: fuman ()
Date: February 16, 2010 18:37

Keith's Sympathy For The Devil solo on Ya-Yas is truly great, as far as Keith solos go. But I really like the little segment he does on Angie (1973 tour of Europe). When the song goes into the Dm section:

But Angie, I still love ya baby
Everywhere I look I see your eyes
There ain't a woman that comes close to you
C'mon baby dry your eyes . . .

It's in every version of Angie from that tour (that I have listened to).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-16 19:02 by fuman.

Date: February 16, 2010 19:28

T&A
DandelionPowderman

- Write good songs

why? what does one thing have to do with the other? must a good song-writer also be able to play good guitar? and must a good tree surgeon also be able to tell funny jokes?
indeed why. There are many great guitarists who don't write alot if any of their own material. Rather, the interpret the songs of others. Mick Taylor comes to mind. James Burton and Roy Buchanan are two more. Add to the list as you see fit...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 16, 2010 19:32

ChrisM
T&A
DandelionPowderman

- Write good songs

indeed why. There are many great guitarists who don't write alot if any of their own material. Rather, the interpret the songs of others. Mick Taylor comes to mind. James Burton and Roy Buchanan are two more. Add to the list as you see fit...

buchanan was the first one that popped into my mind. and there are countless others in the fields of blues, jazz, classical and many other genres. and why stop at guitarists? why should any instrumentalist be required to also write songs to be considered "great" at his/her craft?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 16, 2010 21:52

T&A
DandelionPowderman

- Write good songs

I have never heard a funny joke from a tree surgeon.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home