Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: The Who Superbowl pre-show acoustic
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 5, 2010 19:11

Roger was surprisingly okay here. thumbs up
He's best now when he doesn't sing intensely like he did in the old days.
Sunday's performance has everything to do with the poor guy's old voice...
Too bad that John and Keith aren't with them anymore.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 5, 2010 19:15

Lorenz
awesome, can you imagine mick and keith pulling that off?

No, never.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 5, 2010 19:20

skipstone
Tatters, you're in A2? That's hilarious!

Why's Ann Arbor hilarious? confused smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 5, 2010 19:22

PT can still play that guitar for sure......

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:20

Hey Tatters! I have seen many a show at the Pig! My old stomping grounds A2. Great to hear you are there!! Love the Summer Art Fair, I used to play in a band and we gigged at Dave's Guitars on the front porch. You probably know that place, eh?

Date: February 5, 2010 20:23

Wow! Great one! They are indeed in fine form! Whew!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 5, 2010 23:55

Roger took a shot at the Stones at the press conference yesterday:

Rock music at halftime is a Super Bowl ritual, and it sometimes features founding fathers from the 1960s British Invasion. Daltrey, who at age 65 is old enough to be Brett Favre’s father, smiled when someone reminded him that the Rolling Stones played this gig four years ago.

“I’m glad,” he said. “I just wish they were still out on the road like us.”

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 6, 2010 01:30

whitem8
Hey Tatters! I have seen many a show at the Pig! My old stomping grounds A2. Great to hear you are there!! Love the Summer Art Fair, I used to play in a band and we gigged at Dave's Guitars on the front porch. You probably know that place, eh?

Your boy Dave Davies is playing the Michigan Theatre on March 11.

Date: February 6, 2010 01:54

tatters
whitem8

I hope Dave makes that show. He cancelled some earlier U.S. shows due to illness.

Date: February 6, 2010 02:02

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
whitem8

I hope Dave makes that show. He cancelled some earlier U.S. shows due to illness.

Sorry. I meant to say RAY Davies. I think he's still doing this "choral" thing where he's got a full classical choir singing Kinks hits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-06 02:04 by tatters.

Date: February 6, 2010 05:49

Shit! Dave Davies is playing in AA! WHEN? I would love to see how he is holding up after the stroke. His last solo album was actually pretty good! Tatters, where do you live? I am originally from Detroit, moved to Plymouth in the late 70's, went to school there. My folks now live in Saginaw.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 6, 2010 12:40

sweetcharmedlife

Rock music at halftime is a Super Bowl ritual, and it sometimes features founding fathers from the 1960s British Invasion. Daltrey, who at age 65 is old enough to be Brett Favre’s father, smiled when someone reminded him that the Rolling Stones played this gig four years ago.

In fairness, I think that's an exaggeration to say he's taking a shot at them.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 6, 2010 13:24

tomcat2006
sweetcharmedlife

In fairness, I think that's an exaggeration to say he's taking a shot at them.

i agree with tomcat......and what exactly did roger mean? the stones have done lots more
shows in the last decade than THE WHO. maybe it was just wishful thinking...hoping that
they remain a touring band etc...

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 6, 2010 13:27

jeez you guys are way to sensitive! He is simply saying he wishes they were on the road! So they could be touring at the same time like the glory days where they dominated the live scene. Seems very nice and nostalgic, not a dig at all.

Date: February 6, 2010 15:26

whitem8
Shit! Dave Davies is playing in AA! WHEN? I would love to see how he is holding up after the stroke. His last solo album was actually pretty good! Tatters, where do you live? I am originally from Detroit, moved to Plymouth in the late 70's, went to school there. My folks now live in Saginaw.

I meant to say RAY Davies. Michigan Theatre, March 11. Goes on sale Monday. I remember when Ray played the Michigan Theatre in 1997 and a friend of mine told me DAVE was gonna play there, and I said "Don't you mean RAY?", and he said "No, DAVE is gonna be at the Michigan Theatre", and I said "I'm SURE it's RAY. No way Dave can fill a 1,700-seat theatre" and, sure enough, it WAS a RAY Davies concert. Dave played The Magic Bag (capacity 300) the last couple times he came around.

I'm from New York. I moved to Ann Arbor in 1996 and have been here ever since.

Date: February 6, 2010 15:53

Ok, I was a bit surprised that it might be Dave, you know how much I love his playing! One of the most underrated rock guitarists.
ANyhow, Ray with the choral would be interesting, I have read some mixed reviews. But hell, its Ray! I would go.

SO you must be a Zingerman's fan, yeah? Ever go to their roadhouse restaurant? Killer, I highly recommend. I go back every summer to hang and take a break from Jakarta.

How about Schoolkids records? I know it finally closed shop, a shame!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 6, 2010 19:06

1. I notice Roger doesn't know the difference between his left and his right.

2. RE: Ray Davies - his upcoming US shows are acoustical or without band (just Ray and his guitar player). I see him everytime he's in town with a band, now he will be playing just a few miles from my home. Not sure if I will see him in this situation, but I might.

3. RE: Dave - He was scheduled for several shows around the same time as his brother is touring, but Dave's shows were cancelled (due to poor ticket sales or health? - not sure).

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 6, 2010 19:14

roger needs to brush up on his guitar licks lol

Date: February 6, 2010 19:15

BluzDude
1. I notice Roger doesn't know the difference between his left and his right.

2. RE: Ray Davies - his upcoming US shows are acoustical or without band (just Ray and his guitar player). I see him everytime he's in town with a band, now he will be playing just a few miles from my home. Not sure if I will see him in this situation, but I might.

3. RE: Dave - He was scheduled for several shows around the same time as his brother is touring, but Dave's shows were cancelled (due to poor ticket sales or health? - not sure).
Dave canceleld because of his health unfortunately, BD.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 6, 2010 20:35

Good job Pete & Roger!

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 6, 2010 22:59

whitem8
Ok, I was a bit surprised that it might be Dave, you know how much I love his playing! One of the most underrated rock guitarists.
ANyhow, Ray with the choral would be interesting, I have read some mixed reviews. But hell, its Ray! I would go.

SO you must be a Zingerman's fan, yeah? Ever go to their roadhouse restaurant? Killer, I highly recommend. I go back every summer to hang and take a break from Jakarta.

How about Schoolkids records? I know it finally closed shop, a shame!

I can't afford to be a Zingerman's fan. I've treated myself to their corned beef sandwich a couple times, but actually walked out of the Roadhouse the first and only time I went there after finding out they wanted $12 for an omelette. (Bob Seger wrote "Down On Main Street" just down the street from there in the building on West Stadium Blvd. that is now occupied by the Tuffy Auto Center.)

Re: OT: Superbowl comments and discussions
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 6, 2010 23:19

I hope the Saints win it all . Their long suffering fans deserve a winner .

All those years of sittin' in the stands with a paper bag on your head should be a penance enough !!

smileys with beerGO SAINTS

Re: Super Bowl best halftime show poll.
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 6, 2010 23:25

sweetcharmedlife
Ket
sweetcharmedlife
Ket
well the Stones are the only ones who played completely live so they deserve to win the poll.
Not even remotely close to being true. But nice try.eye rolling smiley

umm what exactly was untrue? That the stones did not play live? or that other acts also played live?
That the Stones were the ones who played completely live. I know Petty and Springsteen in recent years were both completely live.

sorry both Petty and Bruce used backing tracks, this was confirmed,

Date: February 6, 2010 23:33

Pete Townshend is "saddened" by Super Bowl protesters.

[www.wcsx.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 6, 2010 23:34

bv
Please post your superbowl comments here. I will merge all theads on Superbowl into this one. After all it's all Off Topic but still great fun for many. Thanks!

Thanks, BV, and thanks to all the Saints supporters!

The 2009 National Football Conference (and hopefully) Superbowl Champion New Orleans Saints:

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 7, 2010 00:08

WHO DAT BABY!

Tatters - I have a good friend who lived in A2 as well as went to skool there. It's just funny, that's all.

Re: Super Bowl best halftime show poll.
Date: February 7, 2010 00:23

Ket
sweetcharmedlife
Ket
sweetcharmedlife
Ket
well the Stones are the only ones who played completely live so they deserve to win the poll.
Not even remotely close to being true. But nice try.eye rolling smiley

umm what exactly was untrue? That the stones did not play live? or that other acts also played live?
That the Stones were the ones who played completely live. I know Petty and Springsteen in recent years were both completely live.

sorry both Petty and Bruce used backing tracks, this was confirmed,
By who? And how do you know the Stones weren't ? Were you in the band?Are you Keith Richards. SPringsteen flat out denied using backing tracks.

Re: OT Our New Orleans Saints go to Superbowl
Posted by: mrgrowl791 ()
Date: February 7, 2010 01:59

Edith Grove
drummer_dude
you should see the crowds on Bourbon Street partying.....

I'm heading out the door right now!

Hey!! Do you remember when they were the aints? Fans with sacks on their heads? Tom Fears, Tom Dempsey, Archie Manning?? And then the cocaine years.....Bum Phillips, Kenny Stabler? Earl Campbell right, Earl Campbell left, Earl Campbell up the middle, punt?

Date: February 7, 2010 02:02

Congrats to Jerry Rice(and the other guys too) for being inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Re: OT Our New Orleans Saints go to Superbowl
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 7, 2010 02:13

mrgrowl791
Edith Grove
drummer_dude
you should see the crowds on Bourbon Street partying.....

I'm heading out the door right now!

Hey!! Do you remember when they were the aints? Fans with sacks on their heads? Tom Fears, Tom Dempsey, Archie Manning?? And then the cocaine years.....Bum Phillips, Kenny Stabler? Earl Campbell right, Earl Campbell left, Earl Campbell up the middle, punt?

Yep! Been here since '73 and remember most of that.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home