Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New Video of MT from Jan 2010
Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 5, 2010 00:25

Mick Taylor, Secret Affair. Skegness Rock and Blues 2010

Re: New Video of MT from Jan 2010
Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 5, 2010 00:34

Ah - SKEGGY!

Many bum notes - too many.

But still THAT tone and some of the old magic flowing licks too.

Tantalising.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 5, 2010 00:38

Very nice.

Date: February 5, 2010 00:44

LOGIE
Very nice.

Not quite spiffing, then?

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 5, 2010 00:51

Deluxtone
LOGIE
Very nice.

Not quite spiffing, then?

In parts.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: February 5, 2010 00:59

either he's out of practice or he's lost 'it'...

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 5, 2010 04:40

Great stuff! Many thanks for posting this Ed. Have you checked whether there is any more available from this show?

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: February 5, 2010 06:33

Now I'm no Ronnie bashing MT lover ...I like both. But man I'd love to see a tour with MT back after a nice practice/warmup period...a current one. Thanks for posting the video.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 5, 2010 06:53

It seems like he still COULD play pretty close to what he used to if he would pull himself together health-wise and motivate. But the window is closing...

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: February 5, 2010 08:32

Not a perfect performance by any means, but Taylor hasn't lost it either. He maybe lacks a little motivation. Compared with the Stones more recent performances, Taylor still has that essence of greatness, which the Stones lost a very long time ago.

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: February 5, 2010 12:36

so happy to see and hear mick guitar playing
thanks

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 5, 2010 12:48

Sorry, but why does he not hire a singer? Not everybody who plays his instrument well sings properly.

Date: February 5, 2010 14:00

Great, great playing. Bum notes? Nah, not more than should be allowed in rock'n'roll.

But the song isn't very exciting, imo. Great to see Taylor in good form, though.

Date: February 5, 2010 16:14

DandelionPowderman
Great, great playing. Bum notes? Nah, not more than should be allowed in rock'n'roll.

But the song isn't very exciting, imo. Great to see Taylor in good form, though.

Yes, it's great to see and hear him - but I wouldn't call this good form, by his (even recent) standards. And he's not 'rock'n'roll' - and he'd never have got the gig with the Stones playing like this.

I like this song a lot - it SWINGS - and when done justice it gets me grooving than more than a contemporary Stones' sound assault does.

I actually think his vocal is quite right for the song. His smokey, husky tone is fine for Jazz/Blues/Swing - call it what you will.

Glad to see you being more positive than me about MT, DP!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:24

"He maybe lacks a little motivation"

he's playing skeggy for christ sake....

Date: February 5, 2010 16:27

Deluxtone
DandelionPowderman

Yes, it's great to see and hear him - but I wouldn't call this good form, by his (even recent) standards. And he's not 'rock'n'roll' - and he'd never have got the gig with the Stones playing like this.

I like this song a lot - it SWINGS - and when done justice it gets me grooving than more than a contemporary Stones' sound assault does.

I actually think his vocal is quite right for the song. His smokey, husky tone is fine for Jazz/Blues/Swing - call it what you will.

Glad to see you being more positive than me about MT, DP!

Yeah, nobody should criticize him for his tone. Btw, I've seen Taylor in way worse shape than this, so imo he's looking good smiling smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:42

not bad and all, but if you are honest it's about as exciting as the friday night blues band in the shady bar around the corner...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-05 16:43 by Lorenz.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:43

Ye!Stop singing Mick,otherwise its OK.thumbs up

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: February 5, 2010 16:44

ablett
"He maybe lacks a little motivation"

he's playing skeggy for christ sake....
Exactly!!!well saidsmoking smiley

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: February 5, 2010 17:01

A truly electric performance, and to prove that he isnĀ“t sleeping he almost open his eyes at one point.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: February 5, 2010 17:34

Dude, I was totally there. bit stoned and pissed over the whole weekend. but it was a cracking time!

Best band of the weekend, by popular concensus were Olver/Dawson's Saxon. totally OTT peformance with loads of NWOBHM classics.

Best part of the night was when I turned around and saw Mick Taylor standing there just behind me checking them out!! Awesome.

I had my good friend Rog there, (also off his tits) Who was in Hyde park in 69, tried to tell him that he was at the same concert, except Rog was in the crowd and he was onsatge. My mate had no idea who he was or what I was talking about!!!

all in all. classic weekend!!

Come along next year. always a good time

Keep on rockin'

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:02

Smokey
Great stuff! Many thanks for posting this Ed. Have you checked whether there is any more available from this show?

Steve, I asked the guy who emailed me the link if he recorded the whole show, he
hasn't responded yet...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:15

A bit rusty, but good to see Taylor working -and of cource, great song. Thanks a lot gripweed!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 5, 2010 20:23

Great stuff. Still on top. I still imagine Keith rushing from the back and riffin'on this kind of stuff.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: February 6, 2010 00:17

Not his greatest moment, but there is some magic in there. Just hearing that tone and fluidity is a tease, hopefully for what is to come. I've heard some recent boots with better performances.
He looks great, nice to see the Les Paul back out. Hope he comes to America.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: February 6, 2010 00:27

Obviously one of the first tunes of his set if not the first. You have to judge a player's playing after the first 4 tunes. This guy is still playing to incredible levels... this songs is not that good anyway. You can see Taylor struggling to find the tone and not very much into it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 6, 2010 00:30

There are some errors,but he can play as dirty as possible smoking smiley

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: February 6, 2010 00:37

Lorenz
not bad and all, but if you are honest it's about as exciting as the friday night blues band in the shady bar around the corner...

True, and correct observation. He really needs the Stones.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 6, 2010 00:42

behroez
Lorenz

Correct,and the Stones need him.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: February 6, 2010 01:00

Amsterdamned
behroez
Lorenz

Correct,and the Stones need him.

Because of Keith's arthritis the Stones need another guitarist to either replace Keith or fill in the caps, But not necessarilly Taylor, although Taylor would be PR wise a logical choice because he was the guitarist that also played with them in a period that many Stonesfans consider the best years for the Stones.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home