Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Johnny Depp -> Keith Richards
Posted by: UnderKeefsThumb ()
Date: March 4, 2010 06:04

filstan
I am pleased that someone who is a fan and has done well in the film industry will be undertaking a Keith Richards documentary. I believe it will be fun to watch. Keith is a very interesting guy who has led a fascinating life. Depp is a humble fan and Keith respects him. I think Johnny will do a good job with this project. There has to be some great film footage we haven't seen that will be included. How can this be be bad?
I am in complete agreement with this statement. I respect stonesfrk's opinion but I just think you could do a lot worse than having Johnny direct the film. He has been directing Vanessa Paradis' music videos the last few years in addition to the movie. He's been fruends with Keith for the last 12 years or so and a fan since he was a kid. Its better than some hack off the street that only knows the warhorses and the general story around keith and the stones. Johnny will do the situation justice and im sure Keith is giving him ideas and pointers as well. Just give him a chance before you knock him. People can surprise you. I say this in all due respect. smiling smiley

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 4, 2010 06:10

stonesfrk, ever think that the reason johnny depp and keith richards are working together is because they are FRIENDS?!? i'd rather see keith work with a friend, someone who he can trust, rather than some studio director that doesn't know him and is just there because it's another "project". also, stonesfrk's suggestion that adam sandler would be a better choice to make this documentary is the dumbest thing i've ever read on this website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 06:14 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 4, 2010 06:25

I think there couldn't be a better match for a Keith Documentary -

Go johnny Go !!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: March 4, 2010 20:55

I finally agree. I hope it works out. I just wanted to see one of my friends for the job that i thought we do a good job that are already proven. Since i don't know Depp. After along talk with one of my partners art linson it's very possible our studio could be doing some of the work. Never say Never. I could know as early as next week. It just depends how far along they are. there is alot of work so i'm covident. Whether it's producing, co producing scoreing or post production we got it all the biggest post production studio in L.A> now 40,000 square feet, that's bigger than sony santa monica. Waddy actually wants to check it out since i told him about it we've both been busy. hopefully in the next month

Date: March 7, 2010 23:33

bernardanderson
stonesfrk, ever think that the reason johnny depp and keith richards are working together is because they are FRIENDS?!? i'd rather see keith work with a friend, someone who he can trust, rather than some studio director that doesn't know him and is just there because it's another "project". also, stonesfrk's suggestion that adam sandler would be a better choice to make this documentary is the dumbest thing i've ever read on this website.
Oh Bernie is it the dumbest thing you have ever heard? You better get your shit straight! Adam sandler and Waddy are very good friends and business partners to boot when it comes to producing things. So are you telling me Keef and Waddy are not friends? Waddy only shared the @#$%& stage with Keef how many years? i don't have the time to do the research. Get your shit straight before you comment I think Waddy knows Keef way more then Jonny when it come's to playing on the stage, which is what Keef's life is all about as far as the public is concered!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 8, 2010 00:21

I don't think anyone would say that Waddy Wachtel and Keith are not friends.
However, Johnny Dep is both big in the movie industry and friends with Keith.
Also, as noted, it was his idea to do the documentary and Keith has agreed.

I'm willing to give it a chance--it might make a nice companion to Keith's
book Life, due out in the fall.

Date: March 8, 2010 00:36

stonesfrk
Oh Bernie is it the dumbest thing you have ever heard? You better get your shit straight! Adam sandler and Waddy are very good friends and business partners to boot when it comes to producing things. So are you telling me Keef and Waddy are not friends? Waddy only shared the @#$%& stage with Keef how many years? i don't have the time to do the research. Get your shit straight before you comment I think Waddy knows Keef way more then Jonny when it come's to playing on the stage, which is what Keef's life is all about as far as the public is concered!
um, i wasn't talking about waddy. i was talking about adam sandler. just because he is friends with waddy who is in turn friends with keith, that somehow would make him an excellent choice to direct this documentary? yeah. right. hey, i'm friends with a surgeon so maybe i can perform heart surgery in his place sometime? i practically know what surgery is all about!

Date: March 8, 2010 00:57

bernardanderson
stonesfrk
um, i wasn't talking about waddy. i was talking about adam sandler. just because he is friends with waddy who is in turn friends with keith, that somehow would make him an excellent choice to direct this documentary? yeah. right. hey, i'm friends with a surgeon so maybe i can perform heart surgery in his place sometime? i practically know what surgery is all about!
This is the end of me posting on this thread this board like ablett put it a month ago or so is losing it's mojo to childish banter. When a veteran speaks , you should know, if you don't your just plain ignorant. Are you trying to tell me Johnny Depp came up with this idea himself? You don't think Keith has been approched by probably 50 people before this, you are one gullable dude How many unofficial biographies are there on him, same sort of thing. Johnny's just in the right place at the right time.

Date: March 8, 2010 01:00

bernardanderson
stonesfrk
Hey Bernie you just don't get it but you should'nt you have no idea what is going on so i should'nt be so critical of a week end with Bernie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-08 01:01 by stonesfrk.

Date: March 8, 2010 01:23

stonesfrk
This is the end of me posting on this thread this board like ablett put it a month ago or so is losing it's mojo to childish banter. When a veteran speaks , you should know, if you don't your just plain ignorant. Are you trying to tell me Johnny Depp came up with this idea himself? You don't think Keith has been approched by probably 50 people before this, you are one gullable dude How many unofficial biographies are there on him, same sort of thing. Johnny's just in the right place at the right time.
oh, wow, a veteran spoke! i bow down to the almighty veteran! mr.hot shot over here! mr.hollywood. mr "i own a studio". dude, seriously, is your ego so inflated by coke that you need to prove to me that you're some sort of insider hot shot?
let's back track here, you said adam sander would make an excellent choice to direct this documentary. and i said no, he wouldn't. THAT IS ALL. now you have to come here and be all "hey, i'm in the business, you don't know anything! adam sander would be awesome because he knows waddy and waddy knows keith! now bow down to me because i am a VETERAN!". and then you go and ask "Are you trying to tell me Johnny Depp came up with this idea himself?". when did i ever imply that?!?

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 8, 2010 12:49

bernardanderson
stonesfrk
oh, wow, a veteran spoke! i bow down to the almighty veteran! mr.hot shot over here! mr.hollywood. mr "i own a studio". dude, seriously, is your ego so inflated by coke that you need to prove to me that you're some sort of insider hot shot?
let's back track here, you said adam sander would make an excellent choice to direct this documentary. and i said no, he wouldn't. THAT IS ALL. now you have to come here and be all "hey, i'm in the business, you don't know anything! adam sander would be awesome because he knows waddy and waddy knows keith! now bow down to me because i am a VETERAN!". and then you go and ask "Are you trying to tell me Johnny Depp came up with this idea himself?". when did i ever imply that?!?

...Bernard, go for it if you want to- but I don't think he's worth it. Sounds like a loudmouth wannabee to me.
(Still: it makes for hilarious reading, though. So on second thoughts: you Gó,Cats- GO!! >grinning smiley<)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2010 13:30

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 8, 2010 18:22

from 'stonefrk' : "This is the end of me posting on this thread this board "

post more! yours are hilarious, especially the spelling.

Date: March 9, 2010 23:19

Filip020169
bernardanderson
stonesfrk

...Bernard, go for it if you want to- but I don't think he's worth it. Sounds like a loudmouth wannabee to me.
(Still: it makes for hilarious reading, though. So on second thoughts: you Gó,Cats- GO!! >grinning smiley<)
Your getting inside info i should'nt even talk FOOL. Adam sandler owns hes own production studio and for that matter his own music studio. Him and Waddy are basically partners when it comes to recording music. Adam goes way back to the Westlake studio, When Wacko Jacko was in his prime and it was Quincy Jones Favorite Neve Board if you idiots even know what that is. By the way Adam learned alot from Quincy at that time but i guess Johnny Depp is a producer of music and the best film maker we have in our era. With no acomplishments not one oscar, or golden globe among his peers. keep going with the bullshit guys your all @#$%& idiot because you have nothing better to to but jerk your shit and rehash Taylor is better then wood, Alot of you people seem like you need major pcyhe help! Like i said you talk like chidest idiots G.I. JOE is better then KEN. The people even getting back on this with no knowledge are complete FOOLS.

Date: March 9, 2010 23:27

By the way you @#$%& fools. you want to have a real discussion about this matter meet me at the Joint on the 30th of march and Bernard's going to be there with Waddy. Then we will see who is right, like i said put your @#$%& money where your mouth is. I've been personaaly invited Mr. Veterans of bullshit.LOL SEE YOU THERE.

Date: March 10, 2010 00:17

stonesfrk
Alot of you people seem like you need major pcyhe help!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 10, 2010 00:24

Frank Rizzo. FRANK RIZZO, that's right!! you got it.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 10, 2010 01:09

"you're getting inside info i shouldnt even talk FOOL" and "when a veteran speaks" are two of the funniest qoutes i've ever seen on the internet.i love L.A. but damn...

a guy who played in keiths third best side project 20 years ago and now plays in a bar knows happy gilmore so you dumb asses better listen up maaaaan.just the overwhelming amount of self-important billshtt makes it an instant classic.

Posted by: UnderKeefsThumb ()
Date: March 10, 2010 05:16

[/quote] i guess Johnny Depp is a producer of music and the best film maker we have in our era. With no acomplishments not one oscar, or golden globe among his peers. quote]

I was over this discussion forever ago but as a Depp fan I feel the need to correct you....

He's been nominated for 3 oscars (true he didn't win). But he did win a Golden Globe in 2008 for "Sweeney Todd." This was the year of the writers strike however and so there was no ceremony like normal. He's won plenty of awards by the people. But this isn't a Johnny Depp lovefest so that's all I wanted to say,

Date: March 11, 2010 01:12

UnderKeefsThumb
i guess Johnny Depp is a producer of music and the best film maker we have in our era. With no acomplishments not one oscar, or golden globe among his peers. quote]

I was over this discussion forever ago but as a Depp fan I feel the need to correct you....

He's been nominated for 3 oscars (true he didn't win). But he did win a Golden Globe in 2008 for "Sweeney Todd." This was the year of the writers strike however and so there was no ceremony like normal. He's won plenty of awards by the people. But this isn't a Johnny Depp lovefest so that's all I wanted to say,[/quote]

Date: March 11, 2010 01:34

Now this is getting hilarious. I was over this thread along time ago but i need to clarify some things. Number one as far as the veteran thing it was meant on this board iorr some of these stooges have 3 month's to there name. I was taught torespect your elders,ha,unfortunatly we live in demented times and demented chacters. I learned a lomg time ago with people on this board that had alot more knowledge then me becuase they had histoy books on the stones. I go on memory which is pretty damn good. When i know something now espeicially in my feild all you people are talking bullshit i'm trying to give you some insight on the inside but the few are very arragant but that's what you get when somebody talks up there ass. As far as Waddy being a bar guy get yor facts straight and i'm not going to waste my time explaing his credential's in the near past they speak for themself, he has not been washed up for 20 years just because he played with Keith for 8 years, who ever said that has there head in there ass. Number 2 Like i said yeah laugh all you want happy gilmore, he learned alot from quincy at the time and what does johnny have 1 award for acting! What does Quincy have 79 nominations, 27 comfimed Grammy and a GRAMMY LEGEND AWARD! This is realy it i'm not posting on this thread anymore because obviously the people shooting there mouth's off are trying to instigate argument's like ablett said this board is getting @#$%& up by @#$%& people. It's quit obvious what i said blow's Johnny Depp at of the water if you fools do your research. i just live it so knowledge equals wisdom. Like i said who ever has a problem like it sounds some people do meet me at the joint on the 30th Bernards first night back from Europe ask for me they know who i am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-11 01:37 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: March 11, 2010 07:13

Spellcheck is such a useful tool. The Stones never got a grammy til Voodoo Lounge did they?

[www.non-filters.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home