Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Johnny Depp -> Keith Richards
Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 4, 2010 22:24

Great news. If it comes true it should be as interesting as Scorsese work : top.
The pics of Keith are somewhat hilarious. He does look his age; not older not younger ( !!!!). Great to see him with his guitar. Maybe he is looking for the entrance of the Stadium or of the MSG. Next year.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2010 11:45

Voja thx for the insight on "dear" Emir. You're right, in Western Europe he looks so clean and friendly...

the Keith documentary by Depp
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 19, 2010 04:20

Did I miss a post on this? read about in Rolling Stones today - that he'd been filming concert sequences with Keith, Waddy, and a few others currently in LA? Sorry if this is redundant

Re: the Keith documentary by Depp
Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 19, 2010 04:45

Hard to believe there would have been live keith performances (with audiences) that we didn't hear of.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:17

not likely

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 19, 2010 06:47

....she wants fifty cents and I lacks a nickel...................

Keith Richards - "HAPPY" doco down town LA January 2010 - Photo CharliMoon - SHIDOOBEE

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 19, 2010 06:48

........More for ya hb........[www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 19, 2010 07:11

"Hard to believe there would have been live keith performances (with audiences) that we didn't hear of."

----

From the Rolling Stone piece: "Depp has been shooting Richards in a Los Angeles theater with a band featuring drummer Steve Jordan and guitarist Waddy Wachtell... Guests including Patti Smith have been spotted entering the theater."

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 19, 2010 13:52

Thanks for the info, 'hbwriter'.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 25, 2010 18:46

Anyone who can access BBC1 - this looks as if the Keith movie gets at least a mention...

[www.beecareful.info]

Hollywood star Johnny Depp and Andrew Lloyd Webber join Jonathan Ross for this week's Friday Night With Jonathan Ross on BBC One.

Johnny Depp says that before the Pirates Of The Caribbean films he wasn't a popular choice for leading man: "They used to call me box office poison."

He says he threatened to leave the first Pirates film: "I made choices for the character I believed in. [I said] this is the guy. If you don't like him you're welcome to fire me."

And he refuses to star in a rom-com film: "I've been asked a couple of times but I just couldn't do it, no way, I'd be a wreck."

Johnny Depp says he has never seen himself in a Tim Burton movie but wants to see the latest, Alice In Wonderland: "I prefer to walk away with the experience."

And he hated his teen idol image: "It was pretty weird... I was misrepresented."

He also says he is collaborating with Keith Richards on a new movie and confirms a fourth Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Other guests are Tim Burton and Sade.

Friday Night With Jonathan Ross, 10.35pm, Friday 26 February 2010, BBC One.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: February 27, 2010 00:28

I don't see the enfatuaion that everyone else has with johny depp and Keith here on this board is! I think it's a joke. Somebody stating it's just like Keith doing the thing for Chuck Berry. Complete rubish and the worst thing i have ever heard! Johny depp is not in the music industry what so ever as far as a lifetime achievment isconcerened! this is the biggest joke since 21 jump street! Keith wake up!

Posted by: backstage ()
Date: February 28, 2010 02:16

... thats a bit of sarcasium alright.

Date: March 1, 2010 22:25

backstage
... thats a bit of sarcasium alright.
You must be johnny, because i nailed it!

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: March 2, 2010 11:35

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter

By Ruben V. Nepales
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 23:42:00 02/27/2010

Filed Under: Celebrities, Entertainment (general)

LOS ANGELES—Johnny Depp recently revealed details about the documentary he is making on Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones legend who inspired his Captain Jack Sparrow character in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies.

“The Keith Richards documentary came about in a very strange way,” the actor told us in an interview at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood. “Keith and I have spent a lot of time together over the years, whenever he’s off the road and I’m off a film
. We would usually end up in the living room of his hotel suite or my house or his place in New York. We would talk and I get all these incredible stories that just haven’t made it out there in the world. I suggested to him that maybe we could try something like that on film and he went, ‘Yeah.’ For a number of years, he was like, ‘Yeah, we’ll see.’ Finally, bless him, he deigned to give it a shot so it’s something that we’re doing together.”

“Keith has been unbelievably generous with his time,” Johnny said of the rock guitarist. “We shot for about five days which I consider the first installment of the piece. The only reason why I’m doing it is because I wanted to capture stuff. There’s no directing really.”

(further text is about new Burton`s Alica)

[showbizandstyle.inquirer.net]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 2, 2010 15:21

kater-v
Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter

By Ruben V. Nepales
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 23:42:00 02/27/2010

Filed Under: Celebrities, Entertainment (general)

LOS ANGELES—Johnny Depp recently revealed details about the documentary he is making on Keith Richards, the Rolling Stones legend who inspired his Captain Jack Sparrow character in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies.

“The Keith Richards documentary came about in a very strange way,” the actor told us in an interview at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood. “Keith and I have spent a lot of time together over the years, whenever he’s off the road and I’m off a film
. We would usually end up in the living room of his hotel suite or my house or his place in New York. We would talk and I get all these incredible stories that just haven’t made it out there in the world. I suggested to him that maybe we could try something like that on film and he went, ‘Yeah.’ For a number of years, he was like, ‘Yeah, we’ll see.’ Finally, bless him, he deigned to give it a shot so it’s something that we’re doing together.”

“Keith has been unbelievably generous with his time,” Johnny said of the rock guitarist. “We shot for about five days which I consider the first installment of the piece. The only reason why I’m doing it is because I wanted to capture stuff. There’s no directing really.”

(further text is about new Burton`s Alica)

[showbizandstyle.inquirer.net]

This agrees pretty exactly with what he said on the Jonathan Ross show last Friday.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 2, 2010 15:30

Go to 3:30

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: novica ()
Date: March 2, 2010 15:41

great post !
thank you Deltics

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 2, 2010 15:59

this is huge! this is way more than documentary filmmaking. Johnny Depp is exactly the right person to do this. Scorcese, Maysles..good but this will be better.

I wonder how much if any, the other Stones will participate..

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: March 2, 2010 16:17

Thank you very much, Deltics!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 2, 2010 16:30

duke richardson
this is huge! this is way more than documentary filmmaking. Johnny Depp is exactly the right person to do this. Scorcese, Maysles..good but this will be better.

this is the only thing i find a bit strange. how to do a keith documentary without the rest of the band. mmhhh. what are they talking about? not music? we´ll see!

Date: March 2, 2010 21:21

stoneswashed77
duke richardson

this is the only thing i find a bit strange. how to do a keith documentary without the rest of the band. mmhhh. what are they talking about? not music? we´ll see!
Somewhat what i"ve been saying. I'm a part owner in a post production studio in Santa Monica. worked and very good friends with Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregsom Williams, so i don't seewhat Johnny Depp has to do with music! besides being a disney wonder boy. If i recall he tried to direct a similar thing regarding Marlon Brando in the 90's which completely floped and Brando was one of the best of the 20th century, now do we want this with Keef? Hey Backstage let's here your come back on this one, Mr Sarcasim. Put your money where your mouth is. There are alot more people out here that would do a way better job. Johnny Depp is a wanna be as far as the Stones are concerned!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-02 21:24 by stonesfrk.

Date: March 2, 2010 21:49

I think you'd get a lot of disagreement about that from Keith.

Date: March 3, 2010 00:47

duke richardson
I think you'd get a lot of disagreement about that from Keith.
I totally disagree with you. You obvisouiosly never been inside a studio with a band. He would adore the the thought that's why the stones have been around for basically 50 years, it's called COMPRIMISE, the duke. Have'nt you ever heard Keef say it's like being in a mental ward being in the stones? That's it everybody has egos and the producer is the shrink! i would'nt comment on such issues if i were a novice like you. Hey skelter sorry i copied some of your writing concepts as the caps, ha ha. In a band everybody has there own objective, and it is worked out accordingly, not like a movie where a director tells you what to do and how to act any joker can do that. That is not reality Keith Richards is reality not la la land.

Date: March 3, 2010 03:20

if you, knowledgeable as you may be, were to have the opportunity to express what you've been saying about one of the biggest names in film, Johnny Depp, not being somehow right to do this project, directly to Keith's face, he'd no doubt set you straight in a hurry.

and by the way, I'm a bass player/percussionist, and have recorded and played in bands, albeit regional ones, since 1982.

Posted by: UnderKeefsThumb ()
Date: March 3, 2010 09:58

stonesfrk
stoneswashed77
duke richardson

Somewhat what i"ve been saying. I'm a part owner in a post production studio in Santa Monica. worked and very good friends with Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregsom Williams, so i don't seewhat Johnny Depp has to do with music! besides being a disney wonder boy. If i recall he tried to direct a similar thing regarding Marlon Brando in the 90's which completely floped and Brando was one of the best of the 20th century, now do we want this with Keef? Hey Backstage let's here your come back on this one, Mr Sarcasim. Put your money where your mouth is. There are alot more people out here that would do a way better job. Johnny Depp is a wanna be as far as the Stones are concerned!
Well, Johnny originated as a guitar player with Keith as his main inspiration. Sure the band didn't make it but Johnny is a great player. Listen to the slide work he's done with Oasis or the track he put together with Shane from the Pogues, for a haiti benefit. As far as the "flopped" Brando movie, it was actually received very well at Cannes. The film wasn't completely edited yet and so critics attacked that and he didn't release it. Its a great artistic film, and Brando was fine in it. Why are you opposed to Johnny doing it so much? He's trying to create a good bio doc for fellow Keith and Stones fans to enjoy. Keith knows him and the kind of work he creates. Keith trusts him. Why don't you? Whats the big deal?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 3, 2010 19:26

stonesfrk
"If i recall he tried to direct a similar thing regarding Marlon Brando in the 90's which completely floped..."

Not quite true. Depp starred in a movie with Brando called Don Juan de Marco which was directed by Jeremy Leven. According to IMDB "the film had an estimated budget of $25,000,000, grossing just $22,200,000 in the U.S. With a total $66,200,000 gross worldwide, it was then considered a hit for New Line Cinema."

stonesfrk
"Johnny Depp is a wanna be as far as the Stones are concerned!"

Did any of the Stones tell you this? Can you produce a quote? If not, then I don't see how your statement could be considered valid...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-03 19:28 by ChrisM.

Date: March 3, 2010 22:51

UnderKeefsThumb
stonesfrk
stoneswashed77
duke richardson

Well, Johnny originated as a guitar player with Keith as his main inspiration. Sure the band didn't make it but Johnny is a great player. Listen to the slide work he's done with Oasis or the track he put together with Shane from the Pogues, for a haiti benefit. As far as the "flopped" Brando movie, it was actually received very well at Cannes. The film wasn't completely edited yet and so critics attacked that and he didn't release it. Its a great artistic film, and Brando was fine in it. Why are you opposed to Johnny doing it so much? He's trying to create a good bio doc for fellow Keith and Stones fans to enjoy. Keith knows him and the kind of work he creates. Keith trusts him. Why don't you? Whats the big deal?
IMO just like there's alot of people on this board that don't want Don Was no where near there next album, it'is strange everybody around here think's jonny depp is some great movie maker where's the proof? Plus i was basically quoting somebody that said that's great just like Keith doing the thing for Chuck Berry. There nothing furthur from the truth imo. I personally know people that would do a way better job probable some people around here would do a better jo imo They know him like the back of there hand. As far as actor's are concerned i think Adam sandler would do a better job since he worked with Waddy and done a few movie scores with him at Adam's studio on the culver sony lot he actually has produced and Waddy's no stranger to Keith.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 4, 2010 00:06

stonesfrk knows all. Everybody listen to stonesfrk. Everybody is wrong. Nobody is right.

Funny how stonesfrk is balling about how he knows others that are better when the motherfucking idea is Johnny Depp's.

Date: March 4, 2010 00:23

skipstone
stonesfrk knows all. Everybody listen to stonesfrk. Everybody is wrong. Nobody is right.

Funny how stonesfrk is balling about how he knows others that are better when the motherfucking idea is Johnny Depp's.
What Skippy nobody's aloud to have an opinion around here anymore. It sounds like you want to give Johnny COCK SUCKER BLUES. I'll arrange it if you like?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 4, 2010 01:58

I am pleased that someone who is a fan and has done well in the film industry will be undertaking a Keith Richards documentary. I believe it will be fun to watch. Keith is a very interesting guy who has led a fascinating life. Depp is a humble fan and Keith respects him. I think Johnny will do a good job with this project. There has to be some great film footage we haven't seen that will be included. How can this be be bad?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home