Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Johnny Depp -> Keith Richards
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 2, 2010 01:09

CindyC
I just read an article that said Johnny is defending Roman Polanski. My love factor for Johnny just went down a notch.

Did he really ? If so,my sympathy factor for Johnny will take the same way,CindyC.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 2, 2010 01:39

kater-v
It seems to me, there are no these pictures yet - Keith, Johnny Depp, Patty Smith and others before the filming of this movie. Here`s the link to russian fan-site of Johnny Depp, but there are only photos - without any info.
[www.johnnydepp.ru]

Wow -- these are pix of some of the very coolest human beings on the planet at this time. Wow!

Keith looks FANTASTIC -- see what laying off the sauce can do! grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2010 01:51

There are some more pix over on Shidoobee - Keith's wearing one of Ronnie's T-shirts. That's a nice move on his part.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 2, 2010 01:57

Beast
There are some more pix over on Shidoobee - Keith's wearing one of Ronnie's T-shirts. That's a nice move on his part.

That's totally sweet of him -- LOVE Keith!

Here's the Shidoobee link --> click here

And my fave pic from the bunch (courtesy of CharliMoon, who posted it - do not have proper credit)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-02 01:58 by swiss.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 2, 2010 11:07

thanks for the heads-up, Beast! and for posting the photos, CharlieMoon.

a few of the shots seems to be reversed (including the one swiss has reposted here) -
Keith wears his skull ring on his right hand. but yeah he is lookin real good (and i trust he's feelin real well too!)

Date: February 2, 2010 11:35

Great pictures.......by the way, don't think that picture is reversed with sssoul, maybe he just switched the ring to his other hand?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 2, 2010 11:48

Excellent news.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: February 2, 2010 12:11

Manofwealthandtaste
Great pictures.......by the way, don't think that picture is reversed with sssoul, maybe he just switched the ring to his other hand?

...You're right; it isn't... The MasterCard logo in the window is correct (red ball on the left, gold ball on the right). He does switch his ring from hand to hand sometime, apparantly!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2010 12:14

Hadn't noticed before either that Johnny Depp also wears a skull ring. I think Keith's coat looks like the one he wore at one of the Beacon nights.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 2, 2010 12:22

Oh man, that´s a belly.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 2, 2010 12:23

He was wearing one of Ronnie´s shirts:

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: February 2, 2010 13:51

TooTough
Oh man, that´s a belly.

If he has quit drinking and doing coke, then some weight gain isn't all that uncommon. Other than that he's looking good.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: February 2, 2010 14:08

Filip020169
Manofwealthandtaste

...You're right; it isn't... The MasterCard logo in the window is correct (red ball on the left, gold ball on the right). He does switch his ring from hand to hand sometime, apparantly!

many times he wears them on both hands!

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: February 2, 2010 14:29

Great pictures, and with Ronnie`s shirt!..Seems that one has no description ("like painting", "like playing" etc))

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 2, 2010 15:47

>> He does switch his ring from hand to hand sometime, apparantly! <<

yep, sure enough - glad i said "seems to be"! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
the earring seems to stay in his left ear in all the shots, so
i sit corrected ~ have some popcorn

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 2, 2010 22:00

Some photos from making Keith Richards documentary in LA - text in Finnish:

[www.iltalehti.fi]

- Doxa

Depp to direct Keef doco
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 3, 2010 13:37

From Screencave.com. Perhaps timed for release at the same time as the autobiog?

Johnny Depp has decided to step behind the camera and direct a biopic on The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. If you thought their collaboration in Pirates of the Caribbeans was epic, wait until you hear the details about this. According to The Playlist, the versatile actor who can play anything from a pirate to Willy Wonka, told a Serbian website that he will be working with the musical legend on an upcoming documentary.

This isn’t Depp’s first time in the director’s chair, in fact he has two other projects under his belt including The Brave, which came out 13 years ago. He admits that he’s a lot older and wiser today, and his directing skills will show that. The Oscar nominated actor and the legendary rock star have had a close friendship for years, and Depp even modeled his character Jack Sparrow after Richards.

Now that Depp is stepping behind the camera again, he’s ready to start sooner than later.

“Already next week I’ll start working on a Keith Richards documentary. While I’m in Drvengrad, my editor is already working on kilometers of archive footage and footage of his concerts. I’m very touched that Keith agreed to show up in front of my cameras.”

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:12

“Already next week I’ll start working on a Keith Richards documentary. While I’m in Drvengrad, my editor is already working on kilometers of archive footage and footage of his concerts. I’m very touched that Keith agreed to show up in front of my cameras.”

Ha, ha! Nice going Screencave.com - that's MY translation from this very site! ( [www.iorr.org] ) I'll take it as a compliment, of course - I'm always worried about my grammar mistakes and translating skills. I believe Novica's translation from this thread, of "kilometers of archive material, live footage" was much better choice than mine, though. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-03 20:20 by Milan.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:16

I love the pic of Keith carrying his guitar in it's case. Hopefully, that won't be his natural progression on stage, from singing with his guitar at his side, to the bum notes, to not even opening the damn case up, and appearing onstage with a guitar still in the case. LOL!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:33

swiss
Keith looks FANTASTIC -- see what laying off the sauce can do!

Far from it, he looks 80 years old, bulging waistline, totally gray, very wrinkled.

But at least he is on the move. I have my doubts about him participating in a grueling world tour anytime soon.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:37

starstar74
I love the pic of Keith carrying his guitar in it's case. Hopefully, that won't be his natural progression on stage, from singing with his guitar at his side, to the bum notes, to not even opening the damn case up, and appearing onstage with a guitar still in the case. LOL!

For a while I was thinking what is so strange in that photo... the belly?... oh no... that's the the guitar case! When was the last time of a photo of Keith carrying his own guitar case? So romantic. It needs to set up for the documentary...

- Doxa

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:40

Doxa
For a while I was thinking what is so strange in that photo... the belly?... oh no... that's the the guitar case! When was the last time of a photo of Keith carrying his own guitar case? So romantic. It needs to set up for the documentary... Doxa

That is very good observation, overlooking everything else. A good magazine cover.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:56

The Sicilian
Doxa
For a while I was thinking what is so strange in that photo... the belly?... oh no... that's the the guitar case! When was the last time of a photo of Keith carrying his own guitar case? So romantic. It needs to set up for the documentary... Doxa

That is very good observation, overlooking everything else. A good magazine cover.

Concerning the guitar case, it appears to be somewhat aged. Can any Ioorian guitarist/musician identify type and era case originates?

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 3, 2010 22:48

Chris Fountain
The Sicilian
Doxa

Concerning the guitar case, it appears to be somewhat aged. Can any Ioorian guitarist/musician identify type and era case originates?

Looks like an acoustic. Could be anything, really.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Depp Directing Keith Documentary
Date: February 4, 2010 06:07

From PerezHilton.com

He really does have a thing for Keith Richards, doesn't he?

Johnny Depp is planning to direct a new documentary about the Rolling Stones star, his first project behind the camera in over ten years!!

The two are reportedly friends, and Depp famously claimed the rock legend's boozy, incoherent bahavior was his inspiration for Cap'n Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean films - enough to warrant Richards to appear in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End as Sparrow's dad!!

Eh. Might be interesting, so we'll probs check it out.

Besides the fact that Keith Richards is an amazing hot mess, we're curious to see if Johnny boy is as good behind the camera as he is in front of it.

Re: Depp Directing Keith Documentary
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 4, 2010 09:15

This sounds so much better than the Kusturica rumour. He did made a shity docu about Maradona....Just horrible.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 4, 2010 11:00

If that's true then it's cool. Can't wait.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: February 4, 2010 11:31

Interresting that it toop Perez Hilton so long to find out... Here on the site of the European Rolling Stones Fan Club, iorr.org, this has been presented as news in several threads...
Interresting that you read Hilton's blog more often than you're on iorr.org, too.grinning smiley

[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

Here are two of the threads.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 4, 2010 13:00

leteyer
This sounds so much better than the Kusturica rumour. He did made a shity docu about Maradona....Just horrible.

I agree. The documentary about Diego was not so interesting.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 4, 2010 14:54

>>Concerning the guitar case, it appears to be somewhat aged. Can any Ioorian guitarist/musician identify type and era case originates?<<

My guess is he's schlepping his beloved Gibson ES-355 around in that case.
early 60ies

[www.gbase.com]#
Gibson 1960 16"thin body

[www.gbase.com]#
Gibson ES-3xx Case
'61

[www.gbase.com]#
'61

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home