Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Rock Hall Inductees Have Just Been Announced
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: December 16, 2009 02:01

I forgot about this one. Damn, Jimmy Cliff's brilliance as a songwriter has long been recognized by those who covered his songs, but the general public doesn't have a clue about him.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 16, 2009 02:08

sweetcharmedlife
melillo
no kiss wow very surprising, someone must have it in for them, what else can it be?
They suck?

lol well put, i was trying to be polite

Date: December 16, 2009 02:52

tatters
lem motlow
you could argue that madonna and some of these people actually hurt rock and roll.starting with the disco movement in the 70s club owners began putting in dj's instead of hiring bands.throw up a disco ball and there you go.madonna and that dance bullsht in the 80s just kept it going.jann wenner and his crap magazine have very little to do with r&r,they just use the name for their mainstream garbage.

I agree. Madonna is the ANTITHESIS of rock and roll. And so, for that matter, is Abba.

The time that Madonna was inducted it was Iggy who paid tribute to her material by performing "Ray of Light" with the Stooges. Madonna sitting proper in the front row.

Date: December 16, 2009 04:58

sweetcharmedlife
melillo
no kiss wow very surprising, someone must have it in for them, what else can it be?
They suck?

whether you like their music or not the HOF is supposed to induct artists who were influential to rock music. look how many bands took the KISS sound and formula and rode it to success in the 80's. almost the entire 80's were filled with bands ripping off KISS and alice cooper yet neither are in the HOF.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: December 16, 2009 05:06

RUSH!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 16, 2009 05:27

keefriffhard4life
sweetcharmedlife
melillo
They suck?

whether you like their music or not the HOF is supposed to induct artists who were influential to rock music. look how many bands took the KISS sound and formula and rode it to success in the 80's. almost the entire 80's were filled with bands ripping off KISS and alice cooper yet neither are in the HOF.
Exacly. None of those bands from the 80's that ripped off Kiss is in yet. It seems Wenner would rather induct disco bands from the 80's than rock bands.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 16, 2009 05:42

What a about RUSH!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 16, 2009 06:07

DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
tatters
lem motlow
you could argue that madonna and some of these people actually hurt rock and roll.starting with the disco movement in the 70s club owners began putting in dj's instead of hiring bands.throw up a disco ball and there you go.madonna and that dance bullsht in the 80s just kept it going.jann wenner and his crap magazine have very little to do with r&r,they just use the name for their mainstream garbage.

I agree. Madonna is the ANTITHESIS of rock and roll. And so, for that matter, is Abba.

The time that Madonna was inducted it was Iggy who paid tribute to her material by performing "Ray of Light" with the Stooges. Madonna sitting proper in the front row.

That doesn't make Madonna rock and roll. It DOES, however, make Iggy a douchebag.

Date: December 16, 2009 06:16

trainarollin
Two words never seem to pop up for consideration:

Deep Purple

That's because of the two OTHER words that never pop up:

Heavy Metal

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 16, 2009 07:04

If KISS are playing anywhere tonight, or in the next few days, I would love to be at that show....

I'm sure Paul and Gene will have some choice words for Citizen Wenner.

I don't consider myself a huge KISS fan, but they made some great records and I think they are worthy for induction (although it should have happened after Alice Cooper[the band], but that's another issue ) but the whole thing is really political and the line-up is programmed like a variety show.

It's ironic that the celebration of a populist art form is controlled by a handful of elites--Wenner, Robbie Robertson, etc.--that are oblivious to what the general public likes and wants.

ABBA is about as far from rock as they get. They are good at what they do, but it's pure pop, and Euro-pop at that. There have been a lot of acts who rock but straddle the pop line--Neil Diamond for instance--that are long overdue to be called in. That ABBA could beat him in is a mystery to me.

I'm sorry that Laura Nyro didn't make it, because she was a brilliant singer-songwriter that was so influential but then suddenly fell off the radar. Her songs and singing were so soulful...check out the album of R&B covers she did with LaBelle...the woman was a great artist. She remains out, and Madonna, the anti-rock star, was whisked in. Go figure.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2009 15:24

what's next for the wenner hall of idiots? sean diddy combs,kanye west,eminem,

Date: December 16, 2009 15:30

how does this idiot wenner justify darlene love not getting in ,i mean that christmas tune she does i think it's called baby come home for christmas that in my mind gets her in right there .im not sure who wrote that one maybe phil specter ,he probably prouduced it though.every year she does this song on letterman and it rocks !

Date: December 16, 2009 15:34

it was in the ny post a couple weeks ago that the exibit the rock and roll hall has in the city is shutting down and packing up to go back to the mistake by the lake .they were charging $30 bucks to go see this thing imagine that and jeez wonder why nobody wanted to pay to go see this huh .you can go online and google this stuff for free jann wenner .

Date: December 16, 2009 15:34

Rock Hall = Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame?

Date: December 16, 2009 15:36

The Greek
what's next for the wenner hall of idiots? sean diddy combs,kanye west,eminem,

The magazine loves these guys, See the most recent mag. They don't like good stuff.

Date: December 16, 2009 15:40

Lady Gaga will be eligible, and will get in, in 2034. After that, she will perform at halftime at Super Bowl LXVIII

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-16 15:41 by tatters.

Date: December 16, 2009 15:42

Radiohead too. I listened to some of their stuff, It's dreadful. Who is downloading that crap!

Date: December 16, 2009 15:44

lady gaga was really hot when she was the musical guest a few weeks back on snl .i did get a laugh when lady gaga met her royal majesty and her majesty seemed amused with her also .

Date: December 16, 2009 15:54

It's about flash not substances anymore.

Date: December 16, 2009 16:12

The Greek
lady gaga was really hot when she was the musical guest a few weeks back on snl .i did get a laugh when lady gaga met her royal majesty and her majesty seemed amused with her also .

She got you hot? Showed you what she's got? I wonder who she learned that from?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 16, 2009 16:20

Rockman
Another Genesis tour will happen, watch. Just what the music world needs

That's a shudderin' thought .... jeez who next ...did Adam & Eve ever cut a record ....

But sure they did,really hot candidates...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 16, 2009 16:40

You know what is sickening about this "Rock Hall"?

It took Ron Asheton's DEATH to get the Stooges in.
The money trail from the Waldorf to Weiner and his cronies makes me want to puke.

Cleveland's museum is cool, and I recommend it. But don't ever confuse the two organizations.

Good for Iggy, bad for humanity.

Date: December 16, 2009 17:17

tatters
The Greek

She got you hot? Showed you what she's got? I wonder who she learned that from?
madonna the material mom?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 16, 2009 17:19

Is it strictly up to Wenner? Is the RNRHOF sponsored by Rolling Stone? How can it be a proper hall of fame if a magazine troglodyte decides who's "influential"?

You know it will be really really bad when Mick Jagger gets in there as a solo artist and they toot him out to do Let's Work...

Date: December 16, 2009 17:25

skipstone
Is it strictly up to Wenner? Is the RNRHOF sponsored by Rolling Stone? How can it be a proper hall of fame if a magazine troglodyte decides who's "influential"?

You know it will be really really bad when Mick Jagger gets in there as a solo artist and they toot him out to do Let's Work...

Gets in there as a solo artist?

Date: December 16, 2009 17:27

tatters
skipstone

Gets in there as a solo artist?

Keith Moon has about as much chance of getting in there as a solo artist!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 16, 2009 17:29

"Glad The Stooges made it"

"Jean Cocteau said "Americans are funny people. First you shock them, then they put you in a museum" MJ 1989
(imho this applies to a lot of other countries too)

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 17, 2009 00:37

do ya think the kiss snub of all these years has to do with simmons wanting to be paid for being there? wouldnt put it past him thats for sure

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 17, 2009 01:23

Certainly you get the humour in Mick going into the Hall as a solo artist...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 17, 2009 15:23

keefriffhard4life
i'd be happy with another genesis tour. i heard they were trying to get gabriel and hackett back for 1 more go round

That would be awesome. I'm just hoping the 5 of them play together at the awards ceremony.

But I wonder if Phil Collins condition has improved (there was a report that he had back surgery and it left him without feelings in his hands, but didn't say if that was temporary or not). He said something like he couldn't play drums anymore if they superglued sticks in his hands.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home