Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is membership to RollingStones.com worth having?
Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: December 7, 2009 03:40

Hello to all.I was just wondering if anyone here is a member of RollingStones.com and is it recommended or not? other than just recieving a small discount off merchandise.

Re: Is membership to RollingStones.com worth having?
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 7, 2009 03:41

no.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 7, 2009 03:47

Forget it

Date: December 7, 2009 03:55

A BIG FAT "no"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2009 03:59

A dose of the clap would be more welcome...and at least you'd have got something for your trouble.

Posted by: let_it_rock ()
Date: December 7, 2009 04:44

definitely not! thumbs down

Date: December 7, 2009 04:45

Save your money for a vasectomy!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 7, 2009 04:54

.....get yaself a good coloring book ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 7, 2009 04:54

No
Now it has some cool stuff on the site, but it is expensive and there is no need, unless they start touring you do get some website advantages in booking tickets and travel packages. But otherwise, NO.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 7, 2009 04:58

i've enjoyed my membership alot over the years. i'm special.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 7, 2009 05:44

Send me a 100 bucks. I'll send you a keychain. That's more than you'll get from RS.scum.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 7, 2009 06:00

it came in handy in '03 for tix to the stockholm cirkus theater show. i held on to it hoping for the same luck with ABB tour. no such luck. i was hoping the legacy status would give me some real privilege. although it allowed some pre-sale priority for stadiums, etc, the seats i got with it were pretty much crap. i'm better off on my own haggling with ticket master, etc.

just recently cancelled and got a refund for the last year.

haven't received any gifts since '06.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 7, 2009 07:02

No...plus they will automatically bill your credit card for another year long after you have become so disgusted with them that you stop reading the e-mails.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 7, 2009 07:07

It is pure....

Re: RollingStones.com
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 7, 2009 07:15

if they're touring, it doesn't hurt to have a membership - the presales were not all terrible
especially if you stayed calm and stuck with the First Rule of Ticket Sales: don't buy tickets you won't be happy with.
but memberships are far - very far! - from the only way to get great tickets,
and we're still waiting for the "exclusive DVD" they promised in 2006.

it appears that they've recently transferred the management of the fan club from ultrastar to live nation,
whatever that may mean in practical terms. and they've just extended my 08/09 membership for free.
they did that in 2004 as well, and then they required us to pay up shortly before the ABB tour was announced.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: December 7, 2009 07:20

It sucks that they automatically renew your account.
But yes, the preview sales are great.
Still waiting for that infamous members only dvd

-TomR

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 7, 2009 08:00

Talk about (our) money for (their) nothing.

Date: December 7, 2009 08:05

Fan club is a rip off. Web site is pretty crappy and they offer you some cheap junk like, posters a DVD or hat which takes forever to arrive if you are lucky and sometimes they send nothing at all. The only reason people join at all is that you get a crack at buying tickets, for one show of your choice that is listed, before they go on sale to the general public. But be warned there are few great tickets that are actually available. If you are bound and determined to join it is absolutely imperative that you join before the official tour announcement and you will receive a Legacy code which will put you ahead in the cue vs. all the other people who sign up afterwards and receive a normal code (at least that's how it worked last time for ABB tour).

Some member's <cough> did get theater/club show tickets during the Licks Tour for $50 per ticket and on Licks and ABB tour (I suspect very few ) did get first 10 rows in stadiums for $99 per ticket. Not sure about arenas though. The carrot, if you will is the possibility that the Stones will offer theater club /show tickets and you will have a better chance at getting them (this did not happen on ABB tour!)

I was so happy that that they put the 2006 Beacon shows on Ticket Master and not through the fan club. I was only able to get one single ticket for Beacon 2 but it is the only time I've been truly happy with Ticketmaster.

After signing up for the Fan club in 2002 and not getting a chance to actually buy any theater tickets due to tsunami like demand, server crashes and @#$%&'s running buying circles where they would get like 25 or 50 people (mostly non Stones fans) to share codes and try to buy and hog up all the tickets, I should have learned my lesson.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-07 08:11 by its good to be anywhere.

Date: December 7, 2009 08:35

>> But be warned there are few great tickets that are actually available. <<

right: the pre-presales and presales really varied: some seemed to have a pretty good share of brilliant tickets,
and others seemed to have very few. the pre-sales just gave you an added timeslot to shop for tickets,
not a guarantee that you'd find the tickets of your dreams.

>> If you are bound and determined to join it is absolutely imperative that you join
before the official tour announcement and you will receive a Legacy code which will put you ahead in the queue <<

if memory serves, in 2005 they called everyone who had signed up before the tour announcement a "legacy member"
and gave us "pre-presale" entitlement (which considerably pissed off people who had waited for the announcement, unfortunately);
but in 06 and 07 "legacy" meant you'd maintained your membership for more than a year (ie, that you'd paid for a renewal)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-07 09:19 by with sssoul.

Date: December 7, 2009 08:46

The DVD I saw a friend got was completely worth it.. best Stones video I've seen.

Date: December 7, 2009 08:50

>> The DVD I saw a friend got <<

that would be the dvd they promised in 2004 and finally delivered ... when was it, late 2005? 2006?
it's all right - mainly Licks tour clips that had been on the website.

the dvd they promised in 2006 hasn't turned up yet.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 7, 2009 09:44

I've had memberships in 02,03,05,06-07 and have NEVER recieved a DVD .
Probably the worst "fan club" ever

sc uk

Posted by: woody.woodpecker ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:06

NO

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:15

If you asked me before 2004 I would have said yes as I got tickets for the Olympia show. After then complete rip off. What a waste of money. In fact they should be sued under the Sale Of Goods Act 1979. I actually scored better seats by not using the fanclub for ABB tour.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:22

I always make sure my membership card is visible whenever I pay a tab. Let's just say it's an attention grabber that has proven its worth many times over.

However, now that I think about it, it's also something I created myself. I don't think the official site actually sends you anything in the mail. You could probably get the same results as me, but without paying to renew each year.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:26

Cirrhosis I actually do have an official membership card. Not that it's any use.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 7, 2009 10:28

they're a bunch of crooks who will rip you off- forget it.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 7, 2009 11:25

For different reasons for presales I bought memberships. However the membership presales for the 02 concerts have been worse seats than later.
I got easy 5th 7th 9th row. As I did not use the membership I was refunded those within 2 weeks.
I agree that communication and promises are by far the worst to experience. On the other hand it was the only chance for clubshows in 2002/2003.
As the whole thing is americanized (sorry to say but it's that way) it is pretty uninteresting for Europeans.

If a Tour might happen they may still use this platform for tickets. Do not forget that most other big acts do it the same way. Cash twice is better bucks than loose once.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 7, 2009 11:25

whitem8
No
Now it has some cool stuff on the site, but it is expensive and there is no need, unless they start touring you do get some website advantages in booking tickets and travel packages. But otherwise, NO.

<<< unless they start touring you do get some website advantages in booking tickets and travel packages >>>

In my experience, not so. They've misled everybody very badly on this score. You WOULD think that if you pay your $100 and take out a membership, or god forbid pay ANOTHER $100 a year later and renew a membership, that you'd actually be at some advantage over the public when they do presales. That's certainly what they would have you believe. Well it's absolute bollocks, and I would urge people not to fall for it. You get offered absolute shit in the presales, and in my own experience, I invariably scored much better seats at most shows I attended in the normal public sales. Rollingstones.com is a con, a rip-off, and there was in fact a thread on here not that long ago in which people recommended among other things that a show of strength was the necessary way to go, to get the bloody thing shut down altogether.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 7, 2009 12:34

paulywaul
whitem8
No

<<< unless they start touring you do get some website advantages in booking tickets and travel packages >>>

In my experience, not so. They've misled everybody very badly on this score. You WOULD think that if you pay your $100 and take out a membership, or god forbid pay ANOTHER $100 a year later and renew a membership, that you'd actually be at some advantage over the public when they do presales. That's certainly what they would have you believe. Well it's absolute bollocks, and I would urge people not to fall for it. You get offered absolute shit in the presales, and in my own experience, I invariably scored much better seats at most shows I attended in the normal public sales. Rollingstones.com is a con, a rip-off, and there was in fact a thread on here not that long ago in which people recommended among other things that a show of strength was the necessary way to go, to get the bloody thing shut down altogether.

Absolutely spot on, Pauly!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home