Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Is membership to RollingStones.com worth having?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:09

This is very entertaining!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:24

Silver Dagger
When the Stones used to play Wembley Stadium you could always get tickets outside from touts/scalpers for half price or less. All those shows there from 82 to 99 I got in for about £20-$40. The 02 is so much harder to do that at as they are very hot on touts there. So I really hope that they don't play the 02 again. Hate the place.

They will play the O2 again. I was pretty chuffed with the tickets I got in 07 - right next to the B Stage. Saw Mick's fillings and the billion and one lines on Keith's face. This horror was more than made up for by the hot Latin American looking woman in the black and white striped lycra top who got her yayas out during the short set. (Damn they were lovely yayas!) She was hot, hot, hot.

Sorry, I forgot myself ... I think they'll do the O2 if they kick off in Europe. Makes sense. Biggest indoor venue in London. Good venue, I think. Better than Earls Court or Wembley Arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 18:25 by Nikolai.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:29

skipstone

Indeed! The cynicism of us hardcore fans is only matched/negated/plain cancelled out by the fact that we STILL pay our hard earned cash to go and see these rip-off scamsters. Gazza and Skipstone, the pair of you are as bad as me. In fact you're way worse. You mount these highly articulate, very persuasive attacks on The Stones machine ... and then you undo it all by going to the gigs. And I bet you bought The Stones dog jerkins for your rottis too.

I didn't buy the dog jacket and I'm not overly articulate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 18:29 by Nikolai.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:41

Ah ha ha ha ha. Nikolai, you make me laugh!

I haven't gone to a Stones show since Voodoo. I did buy Bridges, Forty Licks, Live Licks, A Bigger Bang (yeah, like a dumbass, I bought both editions) and Rarities (mainly for Through The Lonely Nights!) and got Four Flicks as a christmas gift and someone found me The Biggest Bang for $9 and someone got me the first A Bigger Bang calendar for x-mas as well.

I just buy the albums now. I won't go to the shows. They don't come to New Orleans and I'm not up to driving to wherever to see them. And if they came to New Orleans I don't know if I'd go, actually. Depends on how much a ticket is and how reviews of the tour are (Keith not playing like he's missing 90% of his playing ability, etc).

Posted by: Lazarus ()
Date: December 15, 2009 22:16

I'm at least thankful to them for promptly returning
my $99 when, a week after signing-up and scouring the site
for anything of interest, I asked for a refund.

For me, the Stones' brilliance ended when Ronnie Wood
joined. (He was magical in the Faces but as a Keef side-kick,
he - and the whole show since - has been irrelevant). So I
signed up hoping there would actually be some substance
to the promise of access to an exclusive multimedia archive
in which might be found at least a few snippets from the
great swathes of classic Mick Taylor era material, on both
film and tape, that we all know exist.

However, the 60's & 70's offering in said archive consisted
of a handful of clips - that wouldn't download anyway - from
sources which are readily available on DVD at far greater length
and quality. The rest of the site consists of banal filler.

As The Rolling Stones fan site, it's a sadly wasted opportunity
to give testament to what was once the pinnacle of British rock
music.

As an education in appalling web design, vacuous commentary
and shameless greed, it is peerless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 22:26 by Lazarus.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 15, 2009 22:59

Lazarus wrote:

"As an education in appalling web design, vacuous commentary
and shameless greed, it is peerless."

I agree with you on everything except the operation being peerless. I think Kiss wins top honors in shameless exploitation of their fans...The Stones may be a close second but at least they have not offered a Stones coffin...........yet......

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2009 00:54

Nikolai
skipstone

Indeed! The cynicism of us hardcore fans is only matched/negated/plain cancelled out by the fact that we STILL pay our hard earned cash to go and see these rip-off scamsters. Gazza and Skipstone, the pair of you are as bad as me. In fact you're way worse. You mount these highly articulate, very persuasive attacks on The Stones machine ... and then you undo it all by going to the gigs. And I bet you bought The Stones dog jerkins for your rottis too.

I didn't buy the dog jacket and I'm not overly articulate.

You have me rumbled, ya bastid......
sad smiley

I've no qualms about going to see the STONES themselves. I still enjoy their gigs very much. I'll just go to LESS gigs next time than on previous tours simply because they're not good enough value for money and I just cant/wont justify spending far more than what I happen to earn anymore.

Rs.com are a different matter, though. They're scam artists who con trusting fans out of their money as many ways as they possibly can. At least the Stones, for all their faults, still turn up and play most of the time.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1543
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home