Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Track Talk: Don't Stop
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 12:18

JJHMick
Don't Stop is simply too fast. Therefore, it has this kind of "lightweight" Country Rock feeling. If they would play it slower they could emphasize the chord riffs that are very Stonesish. A great thing would be to speed it up (haven't done something like that since Midnight Rambler?!) and end it as that country rocker that we know.

Interesting point. Unfortunately at this point the tempo of a new stones single is pretty predictable, I'd venture that the tempo of this song was decided before most of it was even written.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 3, 2016 12:19

Oh not not this one again. The most boring song the Stones ever wrote. Terrifying.

Date: February 3, 2016 12:19

Keys To Your Love is a guilty pleasure for me. I like the sound and the playing. Makes me think of No Use In Crying. Good track.

Date: February 3, 2016 12:21

Silver Dagger
Oh not not this one again. The most boring song the Stones ever wrote. Terrifying.

I'm confused... Don't stop is their most boring song, or terrifying is? Strong arguments can be made for both, but boy your nails are sharp!

Date: February 3, 2016 12:22

DandelionPowderman
Keys To Your Love is a guilty pleasure for me. I like the sound and the playing. Makes me think of No Use In Crying. Good track.

Can we just agree that post-some girls stones are a guilty pleasure for you ? :-)

Date: February 3, 2016 12:29

Turner68
DandelionPowderman

Can we just agree that post-some girls stones are a guilty pleasure for you ? :-)

I'm a fan, not an archeologist..

Posted by: erad ()
Date: February 3, 2016 12:34

It sucks, very weak showing from songwriters who brought you songs such as Gimme Shelter and Worried About You. Embarrassing tbh.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 3, 2016 13:02

Basically, I like the song. BUT: production's poor, i.e. if they had grown on it, ot could have become a jewel. As Keith states: "it's all Mick'. I assume he already had in mind how the song should be recorded. It's a pity they don't work like in the old days any longer ...

Date: February 3, 2016 13:04

I believe this song features the first "Ron wood stones guitar solo by numbers"

Date: February 3, 2016 13:10

Turner68

No, that was on Crazy Mama, via Miss You and When The Whip Comes Down, through Highwire...

He is a mean theme-soloist smiling smiley

Date: February 3, 2016 13:11

DandelionPowderman
Turner68

No, that was on Crazy Mama, via Miss You and When The Whip Comes Down, through Highwire...

He is a mean theme-soloist smiling smiley

;-)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 3, 2016 13:57

Turner68

Has there ever been a different type of Ron Wood solo ? Undercover maybe...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 3, 2016 14:11

gotdablouse
Turner68

Has there ever been a different type of Ron Wood solo ? Undercover maybe...

Hey Negrita
Twenty Flight Rock
Some Girls
Before They Make Me Run
Lies
Summer Romance
Send It To Me
Black Limousine
Too Tough
Dirty Work
Terrifying

are a few that immediately spring to mind. None of them are thematic solos, like Don't Stop.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2016 00:53

DandelionPowderman

No Use In Crying makes sense. Keys To Your Heart... one of their worst. That makes no sense. Don't get all HMS on me!

Date: February 4, 2016 00:54

grinning smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 4, 2016 02:15

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

No Use In Crying makes sense. Keys To Your Heart... one of their worst. That makes no sense. Don't get all HMS on me!

Keys makes me think of Biggest Misake. I don't mind KTYH, will have to pull it out...thumbs up

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: February 4, 2016 09:12

Maindefender
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman

Keys makes me think of Biggest Misake. I don't mind KTYH, will have to pull it out...thumbs up

Keys makes me think of the vastly superior 'Hamburger To Go' - superior if only because the latter was never officially released. But I have to admit I too have a soft spot for Keys To Your Love, much more so than, say, Don't Stop. It has a cheesy little hook that would've played well on AM radio had it been recorded by the Little River Band or Air Supply. Unfortunately there's a rather large collection of latter day Stones' song that should've been sold to bands we mostly don't listen to...

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 23, 2023 23:29

Official Lyric Video:
[youtu.be]

Date: November 23, 2023 23:50

Honey don't stop thinking about tomorrow
Beg ya don't stop, it'll soon be here
It'll be better than before
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2023 17:53

Early example of what AI would do if it came up with a "Rolling Stones track".

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 25, 2023 21:16

Very nice song,populare in concerts for years ago

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: November 27, 2023 15:10

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 28, 2023 14:14

Don't Stop is better than anything on HD IMHO. Charlie and the dry production make a lot of difference. Still it's wonderful to have a different sounding Stones with HD, the "wet" production is interesting.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 28, 2023 15:14

Don’t Stop will surely go down as one of the most minor of entries in the Stones’ song-writing cannon. Yes, it was performed throughout the 2002-’03 tour, and with 40 Licks’ huge sale, millions would’ve heard it; or at least granted it a cursory listen. However, it charted poorly, and it certainly wasn’t what the public – other than the avid Stones fan – purchased the compilation for. I happen to like the track, but it’s frozen in time for me. I feel the similarly about Doom & Gloom. If I could travel back in time to ’02 or 2012, I’d surely want to hear them, but not today. They’re almost a token gesture to the die-hards who’ll buy anything: ‘thanks for purchasing (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction for the billionth time; as a mark of our appreciation, here’s a new track-or-two for you! We’ll even perform it live during the tour, then wipe it from our memories’

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 28, 2023 15:21

The biggest load of shitey-bollox the Stones ever produced. Please Stop!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 28, 2023 18:32

Nice lyric video, maybe my favorite so far.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home