Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: I met Keith Richards last week...
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 19, 2009 02:17

tatters
misterfrias
tatters
MSG69
I asked what he thought about the re-release and he said "It is what it is."

I hate when people say that.

I just found it confusing. I take it then that he & Jagger are not getting any share of the profits?

I interpret it as "Take it or leave it".

Keith's probably jealous of Mick Taylor's performance on the album. winking smiley

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: November 19, 2009 02:25

The Worst.
Chris Fountain
No offense -

Story seems vague in nature and bogus to me. What was the name of the restaurant? "It is what it is?" sounds strange. Keith Richards is English and would automatically sign the name with a "C". Also "nervously approached Keith" is theatrics. If you're a true fan why be scared?

I can't see any reason what so ever not to belive him.
Wouldn't you too have been a bit nervous approaching
Keith in a situation like that?

A 'bit' nervous??? I think if I'd ever bump into Keith (or any of the others) I'd hope to have a '2nd pair of pants' around (joking) grinning smiley Seriously, I'm sure I'd be just about dyin', but would hope I could pull it together enough to say something (and hopefully not look too much like an idiot in the process) grinning smiley

Most awesome story btw!! thanx for sharing!!

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 19, 2009 02:37

League Office has apologized more than enough and will not stand for anymore bashing for minor incident. If you have a problem e-mail address is available by simply clicking on name.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 19, 2009 02:43

Chris Fountain
League Office has apologized more than enough and will not stand for anymore bashing for minor incident. If you have a problem e-mail address is available by simply clicking on name.

League Office should refrain from further apologies.
It's no hangin' matter..it's no capital crime.
smileys with beer

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 19, 2009 02:58

Unfortunately, holding position of L.O. with backing staff members, can bring on many challenges. However, in this unstable world, all threats must be carefully considered by the Commissioner.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 19, 2009 03:15

That's some first post! A great story, what I wouldn't give to meet Keith sometime!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: November 19, 2009 03:55

Great story and highly plausible as I know three people who have met Keith in Ct over the years. Atleast you had Ya Yas in the glovebox instead of Shes the Boss.

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: November 19, 2009 03:57

Is the consensus that Keith is the most approachable Stone? It seems to be the case from the comments over time here. Mick most likely is so easily recognized and wants to keep his distance from most of us! And has his minders etc with him. I'd have to ask Keith for some more great blues covers or originals for us, like Shame Shame Shame, or Down the Road A Piece at some time in the near future!

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: November 19, 2009 04:36

great experience carl. congrats.
i'll venture a guess that 'it is what it is' refers to the fact that he - as the musician on the record - has a totally different relationship to the record than any of us do. anything out of tune slightly, or slightly wrong tempo-wise, tends to drive musicians up the wall when they have to hear their own stuff played back at them. the rest of us either never notice such flaws, or think it's part of what makes the record cool.
just a guess.
congrats again carl
tommy

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 19, 2009 05:13

Nice - thanks!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 19, 2009 05:43

misterfrias
tatters
MSG69

I just found it confusing. I take it then that he & Jagger are not getting any share of the profits?
I take it as keith has never commented on business matters and was just simply shrugging this off as probably would with any other question from a fan. Just trying to be polite,without saying anything substantial. Pretty much been Keith's M.O. for years.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 19, 2009 05:45

tatters
MSG69

I always respond with "IS it??"

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: November 19, 2009 06:26

I have NO idea what I would do if I were to run into Keith Richards on the street. Holy cats. What a GREAT story! And thank you for sharing it.

I love fan stories like this. LOVE. Makes the Stones seem more real.

I could barely speak the first time I met Mac McLagan. I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to approach Keith, Mick or Charlie. I think I could talk to Ronnie...maybe.

Anyway. Thank you so much for sharing your story, congratulations on meeting your hero, and DAMN I'm jealous!

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: November 19, 2009 06:28

Chris Fountain
Carl

I apologized in an earlier post. From time to time we have folks post fabricated stories. However, you should have been given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. And in fact it was a great experience encountered.

Chris

Chris, this was a classy thing to do. Thumbs up.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 19, 2009 06:51

very cool story--scan the cover--show us the sig--sounds like a great artifact

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 19, 2009 07:29

Carl, welcome to this place, and
thank you for sharing that story with us!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 19, 2009 07:35

At a Mick Taylor gig the man himself walked up beside my friend and myself and asked for a light. Thankfully my buddy smokes and hooked him up. I was so nervous I didn't say a word, that was pre-show. After the gig I went backstage to get his autograph and he almost wouldn't stop talking when I told him where I'm from. Guess he has a lot of memories about a gig there. It was cool, he signed my Ya-Ya's CD no problem, though forewarned that he wouldn't sign any Stones related material. Another gig I met Bill afterwards and got him to sign my Sticky Fingers CD, he was real nice too. Still haven't tried to meet any other Stones as it seems impossible, though I've been told otherwise. Congratulations to you Carl. Hopefully you won't get too beat-up on this board.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 19, 2009 08:10

I met Keith backstage during the "Main Offender" Tour. He was a gent. Welcome to the club Carl!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 19, 2009 08:46

Nice story indeed..I use to run into Thåström now and then when he lived i Stockholm...different cities, different stars...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 19, 2009 09:42

great story MSG69.

Now you were at the "Breakfast Show"...
You didn't happen to have a tape in your hand that afternoon??
Without actual proof (as there is no 'surfaced' recording of this show) you may have been at arguably the Stones best show ever!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:12

cool story!! it's good to be humble and feel nervous.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:19

>> Is the consensus that Keith is the most approachable Stone? <<

i reckon the consensus is that Ronnie is (which is not a criticism of anyone either way)

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:23

nice one, Carl - best wishes

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:37

Years ago I met Mick Taylor after a gig. I wasn't nervous but talked to him like I talk to to any other person. Unfortunately a friend of mine who went with me really got nervous so we had to cut it short because he urged me to go away.

But basically it makes a difference if you approach one of the Stones as a fan where it is only possible to exchange some most trivial sentences or if you have the opportunity to discuss things.

In that respect a discussion with Stones archivist Bill Wyman would be most interesting. He could tell much of the things which are discussed on that board. What soundboards do exist? Waht unreleased material is there? Why do the Stones still prevent the BBC to broadcast a stereo version of the famous Leeds recording? ...and many more.

Honestly I don't know what I should talk about with Mick or Keith. Probably I would discuss about history with Keith, in which he seems to ber very interested.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:40

MSG69
Thanks to all of you for all your kind words. the restaurant he was at was a French restaurant in the town near by. I am not going to tell you its name, because give the man some space.

French restaurant ? I 've always been thinking Keith was a man of taste smiling smiley
French food is the best ,isn't it ?
Thanks for sharing !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-19 10:54 by SwayStones.

Date: November 19, 2009 10:51

Hiya Carl - thanks for the story, sounds like it was 'good to be there'!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:55

stonethobo
Maybe this thread gets censored?

One per day is enough ...winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 19, 2009 12:20

SwayStones
French restaurant ? I 've always been thinking Keith was a man of taste smiling smiley
French food is the best ,isn't it ?

I bet Keith likes Cajun too!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 19, 2009 12:43

Nice story, Carl BUTtongue sticking out smileyost a photo of the signed album cover or it never happened.winking smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 19, 2009 12:49

leftbank
Is the consensus that Keith is the most approachable Stone? It seems to be the case from the comments over time here. Mick most likely is so easily recognized and wants to keep his distance from most of us! And has his minders etc with him. I'd have to ask Keith for some more great blues covers or originals for us, like Shame Shame Shame, or Down the Road A Piece at some time in the near future!

I'd say Charlie is...he comes out to meet fans in the Rattlesnake Lounge

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home