Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: I met Keith Richards last week...
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 22, 2009 11:52

Did he wash his hands before he signed ? !!!! LOL!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 22, 2009 16:19

21stcenturystones
I saw Mick Taylor in concert, after the show he walked off stage and I came up to him - he said"let me take a piss and then I'll sign your stuff". True story

In 1992 (I think) I saw Mick Taylor in a tiny club playing for approx. 50 people at best. After the show he walked off stage and I came up to him to let him sign my Sticky Fingers album. Before I could say something he said "Go @#$%& yourself" and went backstage. I said "Fat @#$%&" and went to the bar.

I've never been to another Mick Taylor concert since and even if he had a bad day or whatever yada yada...it's all part of the job being a professional musician. Taking care of your fans and stuff. He doesn't gave a @#$%& about me and so do I when it comes to MT. No wonder his "solo carreer" went nowhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-22 16:20 by Bimmelzerbott.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 22, 2009 16:27

Comment and Question to Bimmelzerbott:

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Despite Mick Taylor's inappropriate behavor, has it changed your opinion of him as a Stone?

Thanks

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 22, 2009 16:46

Chris Fountain
Comment and Question to Bimmelzerbott:

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Despite Mick Taylor's inappropriate behavor, has it changed your opinion of him as a Stone?

Thanks

No. But I must say that I always found his guitar playing a bit overrated. Of course he played some nice stuff on all the Stones albums (which are all amongst my fav Stones records) but to me, it's nowhere that brilliant as some people might say.

Date: November 22, 2009 17:02

Bimmelzerbott said:

No. But I must say that I always found his guitar playing a bit overrated. Of course he played some nice stuff on all the Stones albums (which are all amongst my fav Stones records) but to me, it's nowhere that brilliant as some people might say.

Understandable and agreed. He was the best lead guitarist for the Stones. However, compared to other lead guitarists it's hard to gauge his ranking. Of course, lead guitar preferences are based on style, solo performance, context etc...

Again, a great post on MT story.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 22, 2009 17:53

Bimmelzerbott
After the show he walked off stage and I came up to him to let him sign my Sticky Fingers album. Before I could say something he said "Go @#$%& yourself" and went backstage. I said "Fat @#$%&" and went to the bar.

I admit I don't know a whole lot about Mick Taylor and his feelings about leaving the Stones.
In interviews that I've read he seems to take the high road..and be professional etc...
but maybe he has regrets about what could've been etc....and when people stick a 21 yr old
Stones album in his face (in '92)...it might piss him off (implying that everything else he's done
since the Stones...sucks). Or maybe he was drunk.

also...the way you wrote LET HIM seemed strange to me....instead of going up to him and ASKING him.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 22, 2009 18:21

Chris Fountain
No offense -

Story seems vague in nature and bogus to me. What was the name of the restaurant? "It is what it is?" sounds strange. Keith Richards is English and would automatically sign the name with a "C". Also "nervously approached Keith" is theatrics. If you're a true fan why be scared?

"It is what it is" sounds prefect actually. I read that as typical reaction to:

something the guy put out 40 years ago
something he probably had little to no control over
something that someone ELSE is STILL making money off all these years later
and typical Keith "good to be anywhere" vagueness.

As for "C" or "K" -- coming from a guy who has signed more autographs than any of us have seen, read, heard about, or signed ourselves, I'd guess he's pretty used to asking questions like that.

Nervously approached is thoroughly accurate. I've met Keith twice. If you're not nervous there's something wrong with you. The last thing you want to do is piss off your 'hero,' or be rejected.

But a quick pic of the cover with the autograph - or the picture you invariably snapped with your or someone else's phone would go a long way to help this out.

Carrying the box set in your car?

J

Date: November 22, 2009 18:33

JMarko,

Thanks for the input . Have a nice Thanksgiving week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-22 18:45 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: November 22, 2009 19:12

shortfatfanny
yorkey
Ah I would give an arm and a leg to speak to Keith or MJ and Mick T. One can dream eh

Hi yorkey,I made a couple of hours a sarcastic remark concerning your dream.
No way it was meant offensive towards anyone here or elsewhere.
Obviously and surprisingly it was deleted by Bjornulf.

Although he explains detailed why and how threads ( and posts ) get closed/deleted,
( mainly caused by those with the nervous finger on the "report trigger" ) it´s to say it
mildly ridicoulus to delete my post whereas for a quite long run T&A´s style ( not the member,of course )
could be posted without problems and/or questionable statements
concerning child abuse could be posted without delete...

Well,as Bjornulf said in the troll thread,it´s not always fair...

Dream on,yorkey....but please take care of your body parts...smiling smiley

He did? I didn't find it offensive at all. Others might, but then hell they're damn sensitive. But this is way off-topic, and this might be deleted. I'm fine with that, and I'm fine with your comment lol grinning smiley

But still, they can take my leg if they want in exchange for a backstage pass...!

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 23, 2009 00:32

Cool post,yorkey !
Respect.

Once again I think the "report message" brigade might have triggered...

To those freaking around for nothing the following lines :

"We all need someone we can feed on
And if you want it well you can feed on me
Take my arm take my leg
Oh,baby,don´t you take my head"

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 24, 2009 03:33

Great story and congrats on your meeting.

I met Keith in Seattle in Oct. 2006 and chatted briefly with him as he entered the Four Seasons Hotel in Seattle,WA. I did not ask for his autograph, but he was very cool with an infectious smile and was/is quite a gentleman. I thanked him for all of the great music at which time he held my hand while we shaking hands and said to me "oh thank you, God bless you". A great moment in my life( posted on IORR under "Meeting Keith Richards tonight in Seattle").

I met Ronnie in Seattle in 2005, and he is one of the nicest guys on the planet earth. I shook his hand and we chatted about the tour and how much he liked being in Seattle. He looked great. I did not ask for his autograph.

I met Mick Taylor in 1995 in Ventura ,CA. USA. after his performance at a very small club with appx. 100 in attendance. After his set, he exited the small stage when my friend and I approached him. We shook his hand and thanked him for all of the great music and inspiration. He was very nice and was happy that we had purchased his autographed CD with guitar pick packaged in a generic cardboard case. "Be Happy" with MT's signature on the cover. It is a nice collectors item.

I stood next to Mick and Charlie, but didn't have the chance to meet them.

I did meet Bernard,Lisa Blondie,Chuck and Daryl and they were also very nice.

Date: November 24, 2009 03:55

Midnight Toker

Awesome!! Cool, Calm, and Collected is always the best interaction when you're happy to meet someone admirable. They are human beings just like us. Thanks for the great post.

L.O.

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: November 24, 2009 03:56

Lisa blew me a kiss, I met Bernard and told him Lisa blew me a kiss, he said "lucky guy"...I stayed in L'Angleterre Hotel, Copenhagen 8-07, Stones were there for show, I had breakfast w Blondie and strolled thru streets with him and Tim Reis..the day of the show Daryl came out of his room and I said "have a great show"....Charlie walked out the lobby where I was strategically perched, I said "Hi Charlie" he turned around and said"Is that you Eric?..(No Im not Eric)...then MJ walked thru the lobby 10 feet in front of me, I was stunned, he had the same look of a fighter goin into the ring
Met RW several times..told him I saw him in the Jeff Beck Group. he said, "Yeah, that was a good band"...then met KR at Knitting Factory for Bernard's gig, Waddy was his guitar player, they did a great JJF
pleasure to share memories with all of you RockinBuds
Happy Thanksgiving
RockinBud

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 24, 2009 04:09

I met keith at the blue note in NY in 1992, he was eating french fries with jane rose and his father but still signed my cd for me, awesome!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home