Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: I met Keith Richards last week...
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:17

Welcome aboard, Carl - great story. When I try to think what I'd say if I bumped into a Stone I frankly have no idea - and I certainly wouldn't just happen to have something cool handy to be signed!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:21

Great story well done Carl.I would have been nervous - I was lost for words when I literally bumped into Mick Taylor. OK with Charlie............(I was drunk!).

sc uk

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:25

Thanks, Carl - love it! I know I would feel extremely nervous in the presence of the Riffmaster, who undoubtedly showed his education and politeness by asking how you spelt your name.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:28

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:32

I was the same way when I met Keith too - I froze - couldn't move. I don't think being hesitant is a strange reaction at all - you want to meet them so bad, but you don't want to bother them either. The encounter could go either way, so it's nerve racking.

Anyway - great story Carl and welcome to IORR.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:33

League Office by adamant requests from staff members regrets statement concerning legitamacy of first post by new member. New member is welcomed by Commissioner and is recommended to read "Some Kinda Stones Connection".

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:35

Great story. Thanks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:36

Ahhh cool encounter Carl ...Good ta hear..... Yeah what was the lad wearin'? ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:37

awesome story MSG69 keith is da man

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:44

well go baby go :E
hope you let him know how we love him

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 18, 2009 22:49

schillid
loog droog
Great story.

Sign of the times: Keith smokes outside like everyone else.

The restaurant must not have a stage... cuz then Keith might have just gotten up on the stage to light up.
Either light up or leave me alone.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:00

Carl,

Good on you!
Welcome, and don't forget to brush your teeth with rock and roll!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:01

Kurt
Welcome, and don't forget to brush your teeth with rock and roll!

Tastes better than Budweiser!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:01

Fantastic stuff. Got any other stories. We love stories on this board.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:05

Carl

I apologized in an earlier post. From time to time we have folks post fabricated stories. However, you should have been given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. And in fact it was a great experience encountered.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-18 23:17 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:10

sweet neo con
MSG69
Thanks to all of you for all your kind words. In particular I would like to address Chris Fountain. Its posts like yours that made me hesitant to join this board. Keith lives in Weston, the restaurant he was at was a French restaurant in the town near by. I am not going to tell you its name, because give the man some space. Yes I was nervous, its not every day you meet your hero, just trying to be truthful. I think"It is What Is" is a typical Keith quote. The guy was trying to sneak a smoke. By asking how to spell my name, it just shows what a polite gent, he is.Chris, here's another clue for you- I was at the Friday afternoon show. There was no Ike & Tina, but Terry Reid played instead.Get a grip. Life is short,and then its over.

Now THAT's a second post !! winking smiley

Sweet neo con; you are to funny!

Carl, great story! Welcome aboard!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:11

Carl,

That story made my day -- thank yu so much for taking the time to write it down and share it. Also the person who met Keith at the Knit - also very cool.

I don't blame you for not mentioning more details. For god's sake the last thing we as Stones fans should want is for Keith (or any of them) is to feel more hunted and less able to live a private life than they already do.

Carl, your approach and convo sounds really respectful and beautiful! I'm glad some bumbling bombastic arrogant bizarro @#$%& of a fan didn't barge up and start bleetng at him instead.

To re-ask what a couple others here have asked: how did he look? you may have been too nervous to notice cuz you were looking at the man and not focusing on his outfit or what his hair looked like (sometimes these encounters can be kinda surreal), but if you did have more presence of mind than I'm sure I would've had: how did he look/seem?

best wishes & thanks again!
swiss

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:25

Ok last change did he shake his left or right hand?

Just joking ........great story

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:27

Great story. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:39

Lucky you! smiling smiley Great story!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: MSG69 ()
Date: November 18, 2009 23:54

Thanks once again to all of you , and to Chris too for apologizing, i know its a story too good to be true, but it happened!. Keith was all in black, with black wrap-around shades, wearing a hat that was similiar to the one on the IORR opening web page, but with no beads on it. He looked slim and in fighting shape. One final memory, as I was walking back to the car I believe, I saw Patti tearing around the corner in a large car trying to rescue him. Thanks once again for all your funny replys. Its only RnR- BUT I like it!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 19, 2009 00:01

Nice story MSG69. I have to admit, at first it seemed almost too good to be true, like the universe and all the planets had to align for this to happen. But, these things DO happen and you were lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time. I think that sometimes on the web there is so much BS that I have developed a cynicism to some personal stories. But, on this board, Stones fans HAVE to be given the benefit of the doubt! Anyway, good for you. I was lucky enough to see the boys on the '69 tour also. Unforgettable.

And, Chris Fountain, kudos to you for your sincere apology.

OK everyone, group hug . . . .?

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 19, 2009 00:37

MSG69
Thanks to all of you for all your kind words. In particular I would like to address Chris Fountain. Its posts like yours that made me hesitant to join this board. Keith lives in Weston, the restaurant he was at was a French restaurant in the town near by. I am not going to tell you its name, because give the man some space. Yes I was nervous, its not every day you meet your hero, just trying to be truthful. I think"It is What Is" is a typical Keith quote. The guy was trying to sneak a smoke. By asking how to spell my name, it just shows what a polite gent, he is.Chris, here's another clue for you- I was at the Friday afternoon show. There was no Ike & Tina, but Terry Reid played instead.Get a grip. Life is short,and then its over.

OWNED!!

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:00

Where in CT does Keith live?

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: glimmertwin50 ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:12

Carl's story is completely credible. I met Keith in NYC in 1992 and he was very nice. Most of The Stones are pretty accessible individually, especially if they are doing a solo club gig.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:19

MSG69
I asked what he thought about the re-release and he said "It is what it is."

I hate when people say that.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:23

mickjagger1009
Where in CT does Keith live?

Its name is almost hidden in this song title, or at least in parts of the subtile.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:32

tatters
MSG69

I just found it confusing. I take it then that he & Jagger are not getting any share of the profits?

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:39

Carl great story. I live in Fairfield county and have never bumped into Keith but have heard many stories from people who have and they all say similar things about how kind he is in person. Also have friends that live in Weston only a few blocks from Keith.

Keith did hop on stage at a bar called the Box Car in Southport, which is now called something else. There were some nice pictures and a guitar that Keith signed hanging on the wall there for a while.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:44

misterfrias
tatters
MSG69

I just found it confusing. I take it then that he & Jagger are not getting any share of the profits?

I interpret it as "Take it or leave it".

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home