Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with Burning CD/DVD's
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 16, 2006 10:13

Hi all. Need some advice from some stones fans clued up on burning Cd's. I recently burned the audio from my four flicks DVD so I can listen to it in my car stereo (why couldn't they just have made it a DVD/CD and skipped live licks?). I did this using a DVD audio ripper program and saved the files in Wav format. The problem is there is mild clickin/background noise which is annoying. Other than that the quality is amazing. I put Live Licks in my Cd player to compare and the crowd/other noise is faded right out after a few seconds and the sound is clearer.

Has anyone else tried making audio of there stones DVD's and encountered the same problem? I am aware these clicks/noise may have been picked up in the extraction process. If so is there a better program anyone can recommend?

I also might add that I turned off other programs when extracting and burning and burnt at a low speed to try and avoid any loss in quality.

Re: Help with Burning CD/DVD's
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 16, 2006 16:05

one thing i once encountered was 'mouse clicks' on a recording on the fly, not ripping.
remedy - I shut all windows sounds off.

While grabbing or ripping, turn off all midi, 3D-sound and synth channels in the audio control panel. make sure you're only monitoring the sound you're actually recording.

Re: Help with Burning CD/DVD's
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 16, 2006 16:37

You can try mplayer

[www.mplayerhq.hu]

Read the manual. You should do something like

mplayer -dumpaudio dvd://

It comes without a GUI, but it is really one of the best audio programs around.
I use to rip audio streams from the net. For instance it can also rip a realplayer stream and convert it into perfect audio. I got a Wolfmother concert on my iPod that way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home