Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with Burning CD/DVD's
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 16, 2006 10:13

Hi all. Need some advice from some stones fans clued up on burning Cd's. I recently burned the audio from my four flicks DVD so I can listen to it in my car stereo (why couldn't they just have made it a DVD/CD and skipped live licks?). I did this using a DVD audio ripper program and saved the files in Wav format. The problem is there is mild clickin/background noise which is annoying. Other than that the quality is amazing. I put Live Licks in my Cd player to compare and the crowd/other noise is faded right out after a few seconds and the sound is clearer.

Has anyone else tried making audio of there stones DVD's and encountered the same problem? I am aware these clicks/noise may have been picked up in the extraction process. If so is there a better program anyone can recommend?

I also might add that I turned off other programs when extracting and burning and burnt at a low speed to try and avoid any loss in quality.

Re: Help with Burning CD/DVD's
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 16, 2006 16:05

one thing i once encountered was 'mouse clicks' on a recording on the fly, not ripping.
remedy - I shut all windows sounds off.

While grabbing or ripping, turn off all midi, 3D-sound and synth channels in the audio control panel. make sure you're only monitoring the sound you're actually recording.

Re: Help with Burning CD/DVD's
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 16, 2006 16:37

You can try mplayer

[www.mplayerhq.hu]

Read the manual. You should do something like

mplayer -dumpaudio dvd://

It comes without a GUI, but it is really one of the best audio programs around.
I use to rip audio streams from the net. For instance it can also rip a realplayer stream and convert it into perfect audio. I got a Wolfmother concert on my iPod that way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home