Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Mick Jagger at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary show
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 2, 2009 21:18

martin1978
DVD Set also is in the works, for release early next year 2010

Limited Special Edition Directors Cut With Bonus Features on implantable CranialChip® scheduled for release in 2029 !

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: November 2, 2009 21:22

I had a very strong emotional reaction to the Jagger/U2 performances...seeing Jagger strut out on the stage brought a choke to my throat...Christ, that man is indestructible and such a goddamned powerful presence...a force of nature that bursts forth into incandescent energy under the klieglights of a rock and roll stage...the effect is visceral. And an inspiration.

He walks out on the stage and commands it in a way no other rock and roll performer ever has or ever will. He is the prototype: the Master and Commander.

It never ceases to move me.

If Keith and Ronnie can still play at a professional level (and there really is no assurance of that...none) the Stones still live...and rule. If not...I don't want Jagger standing in front of a decrepit, poseur-air-guitar army...he deserves much better. Shut it down.

On another note - Fergie is magnificent on Gimme Shelter. Not only does she look hot as a pistol, but her passionate reading is the best I've heard since Lisa's early days.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 2, 2009 21:40

schillid
martin1978
DVD Set also is in the works, for release early next year 2010

Limited Special Edition Directors Cut With Bonus Features on implantable CranialChip® scheduled for release in 2029 !
Pre-orders start in 2020.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 2, 2009 21:52

I was also very impressed by Mick's performance and by the audience's reaction when the rock giant appeared on the MSG stage; a symbolic and magic moment in the celebration of Rock and Roll. Only Mick Jagger could create that level of enthousiam!
Rock and Roll,
mops

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 2, 2009 22:00

Thanks all for these pictures and videos

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 2, 2009 23:19

Thanks for the fantastic pics, what a great thread. Mick looked like he is ready to hit the road again. GO BIG RED,,,,,

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 3, 2009 00:37

That "Stuck in the moment" version with Mick as a little "Beast of Burden" to it, and I like it.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 3, 2009 00:42

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 3, 2009 01:25

I've watched this a few times and i think it's extremely cool how Mick strides on ,lifts the arena off the ground and powerfully belts out the opening verse of what is undoubtabely my favourite ever song.I think only Mccartney could have got a similar reaction.That keyboard/string part is terrible though.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 3, 2009 02:54

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
melillo
no its not, thats just the greatness of mick jagger right there, thats still no excuse for the stones not to be there

It's because of their greatness that they don't HAVE to show up everytime some corporate big wig throws a party. They can afford to be conspicuously absent. That's one of the perks that come with being great.
Or just lazy.

So why didn't Neil show up? Why when he received his invitation did he not say "Oh, golly, Jann the Mann is throwing an anniversary party for that stupid little museum of his. I guess I better get all spruced up and go kiss some major ass"? Why did he take one look at the invitation, crumple it up and toss it in the trash? Is he lazy? Or does he simply not stand to gain anything he doesn't already have by sucking up to this particular brand of bull shit?

Because Neil is one of the most notoriously cranky old farts out there. But virtually every big name in the music business was there. Does that mean that Springsteen,Metallica,CSN,Ozzy,Ray Davies,Jeff Beck, U2 et all are not great because they showed up?

Every big name? Dylan? McCartney? Page and Plant? Townshend and Daltrey? Like Neil, they are ABOVE such silliness. They have the integrity to play on their own terms, not just because some guy who runs a magazine says "Let's all put on a self-congratulatory show!"

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 3, 2009 06:16

Dylan was playing in Chicago those nights, I believe, on tour.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 3, 2009 12:52

I'm not very familiar with U2s music. I shurly don't like Bono very much and his pathos but what I see here is just awful. I mean how old are they? 10 years older than the Stones?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 3, 2009 13:06

Why moaning about musicians who left out or showed up. I am sure that a lot more people have been invited and if it does not meet their schedule the just can't show up. Of course Dylan is missing, Page and Plant as well, all others you named as well.

But they just missed out. Fact and nothing more.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: November 3, 2009 13:56

Jagger has an incredible skill. Always, when I begin to loose my faith in the stones, he appears somewhere showing that he will be the top of everything always. To me, only Freddie Mercury was near or at the same level.
By the way, I agree that Bono seems to be older than Mick.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 3, 2009 14:12

capsula
Jagger has an incredible skill. Always, when I begin to loose my faith in the stones, he appears somewhere showing that he will be the top of everything always. To me, only Freddie Mercury was near or at the same level.
By the way, I agree that Bono seems to be older than Mick.

Agree totally. Besides Bowie and Queen whom I've seen a couple of times it's only Mick hypnotising the stage even in Stadiums.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 3, 2009 18:15

Not crazy about that version of Gimme Shelter, but Jagger sang wonderfully. It's so great to see him on stage again. It sounds like the whole show was pretty spectacular, can't wait for the DVD.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 3, 2009 18:26

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters
melillo
no its not, thats just the greatness of mick jagger right there, thats still no excuse for the stones not to be there

It's because of their greatness that they don't HAVE to show up everytime some corporate big wig throws a party. They can afford to be conspicuously absent. That's one of the perks that come with being great.
Or just lazy.

So why didn't Neil show up? Why when he received his invitation did he not say "Oh, golly, Jann the Mann is throwing an anniversary party for that stupid little museum of his. I guess I better get all spruced up and go kiss some major ass"? Why did he take one look at the invitation, crumple it up and toss it in the trash? Is he lazy? Or does he simply not stand to gain anything he doesn't already have by sucking up to this particular brand of bull shit?

Because Neil is one of the most notoriously cranky old farts out there. But virtually every big name in the music business was there. Does that mean that Springsteen,Metallica,CSN,Ozzy,Ray Davies,Jeff Beck, U2 et all are not great because they showed up?

Every big name? Dylan? McCartney? Page and Plant? Townshend and Daltrey? Like Neil, they are ABOVE such silliness. They have the integrity to play on their own terms, not just because some guy who runs a magazine says "Let's all put on a self-congratulatory show!"

Neil Young's annual Bridge School benefit shows took place last week. I'd imagine he was a bit preoccupied. Pretty valid 'reason', I would think.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 8, 2009 12:24

woah where have I been those days ??!!
I completely missed this event.
Jagg in outstanding shape, Mets better than ever (since SKOM they are really back), Ozzy. Enough is enough I am near the heart attack. Why am I not a new yorker...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 8, 2009 12:55

Sorry for sounding thick but who is Fergie, who does she sing for and where did she come from? she is brilliant!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 8, 2009 12:57

pgarof
Sorry for sounding thick but who is Fergie, who does she sing for and where did she come from? she is brilliant!

Is Stacy Ferguson her real name ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 8, 2009 13:09

Fantastic performance of Mick on Gimme Shelter, but why on earth is that synth player playing a totally different song? Stuck in the Moment is nice, but both Bono and Mick sound a bit out of tune here and ther. Must be the recording.

Mathijs

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 13, 2009 15:10

pgarof

Fergie, real name Stacie Ferguson, is from the Black Eyed Peas, who opened the Stones last world tour in Fenway Park, Boston. They blew me away with how great they are, and I've been a huge fan ever since. She released a solo album, which contained the infamous song, London Bridge, and the hugely popular, Big Girls Don't Cry.

She looks smoking hot in these photos, as hot as she's ever looked. I'd love to see her doing this song on tour w/ the Stones......I know Lisa's hot too, but Fergie wins, IMO, hands down. LOL

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 13, 2009 15:13

An unfortunate shot of Fergie!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2009 15:17

Deltics
An unfortunate shot of Fergie!
this photo tells you everything you need to know about fergie .really fergie you could not change your knickers .that so gross .love to know what ms fergie thinks of this photo .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 13, 2009 15:21

Obviously it was very hot in the venue!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 13, 2009 20:42

I was feelin very high and uptight and in all good spirits when i saw Jagger perform...he sung very well..with lots of emotion and energy...i think this is a COME BACK.....this is really makin me feel very good....i really loved to hear and see patti too......but oh lordy...the way jaghoo sings this u2 song...is the prove(hmmm) that Mick CAN DO LET IT LOOSE!!!! Shit mon he still got it!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 13, 2009 22:50

VoodooLounge13

Nope. It's not sweat. She did actually piss herself.

Posted by: Sir Mick ()
Date: November 15, 2009 08:17

Gazza
VoodooLounge13

Nope. It's not sweat. She did actually piss herself.

Oh dear... do you 'af to?

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home