Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: bernard fowler tour
Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: October 16, 2009 03:28

Hey,

has anyone seen bernard on tour this fall? he's coming to the detroit area and i was wondering if it's worth it? any surprise guests or interesting setlists?

thanks!

p.s. i saw him sing for ronnie wood's tour back in '92-93 and was really cool then, but then, ronnie was there too!

Re: OT: bernard fowler tour
Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: October 16, 2009 05:55

Has anyone on the board seen this guy this year on stage?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:04

I did in Aachen (D). Really great, very cool gentleman too.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 16, 2009 09:13

i saw his show in NYC when keith showed up...great show.

is anyone going to milwaukee next thursday? i want to drive up from chicago.

anyone else going to the chicago show next friday?

Posted by: peter ()
Date: October 16, 2009 09:38

Bernard will play in San Francisco tomorrow night..FRIDAY at the Rockit Room...a club located in the Richmond district..have no idea what to expect...he appeared tonight at the SFAE for a couple of hours signing his cd..this is the gallery that Ron Wood displays his work..more fans might have shown up but President Obama arrived in SF at the exact same time & all streets were closed off since his hotel was 1 block from the gallery..talk about bad timing...if I go, I will post some sort of a review before the weekend is over...peter

Date: October 16, 2009 23:01

The Stones hire talented artists to work with them, and he is no exception.
I've caught his show a few times this year (with 'Waddy Wachtel Band') and I thought they were superb. I have his CD and it is really good.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 16, 2009 23:59

I saw Bernard in Kassel on September 23. It was a gig with Stevie Salas. I had seen him before with Doug Wimbish and several times with Tim Ries. Each gig completely different of course. He's going to be without Stevie Salas at the US Midwest gigs, right? So i bet he will be able to concentrate more on his own stuff.

Here are some pictures from Kassel. It was a very small place with maybe 150 people or so.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 17, 2009 00:02

Great pictures. Thank you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 01:59

dont think Bernard is out of topic ?
do you ..? smiling smiley

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: October 17, 2009 23:25

I'll be headed down to Martyr's in Chicago next Friday for the show and am looking forward to it!!

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: October 18, 2009 03:17

BERNARD FOWLER, ROCKIT ROOM, SAN FRANCISCO, OCT. 16, 2009
Category: Music
The Players

Bernard Fowler (lead vocals)
Phil Jones (drums)
Robert Davis (guitar)
Prashant Aswani (guitar)
Al Ortiz (bass)

The Set list

1. Get Away (B. Fowler/D. Wimbish)
2. Jailbreak (P. Lynott)
3. Your Future (B. Fowler/S. Salas)
4. Rain (?)
5. Too Many Mountains (S. Salas)
6. I Need to Know (T. Petty)
7. Small (S. Salas)
8. She's So Cold (M. Jagger/K. Richards)
9. I Gotta Go (?)
10. Heroes (D. Bowie/B. Eno)
11. Down Payment Blues (B.J. Scott/A. Young/M.Young)
12. Jumping Jack Flash (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Thanks to Al for the band information. Thanks to Mary from Nevada for the set list. Any corrections are surely appreciated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-18 03:35 by donnarq1.

Date: October 18, 2009 07:20

wineaux
I'll be headed down to Martyr's in Chicago next Friday for the show and am looking forward to it!!

see you there! say hello if you recognize me!

and again, anyone going to milwaukee?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 18, 2009 11:46

little queenie
wineaux

see you there! say hello if you recognize me!

and again, anyone going to milwaukee?

I was there in 2006. Great venue.... What a week, 2 x Stones, Tim R. & friends, Buddy Guy....

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 21, 2009 20:19

LQ,

Not going to Milwaukee (the most underrated city in the US)but if you're hungry before the show go just north to the Comet Cafe at 1947 Farwell. Great good and plenty of vegan options for you!

Enjoy the show,

inopeng

Date: October 22, 2009 04:57

inopeng
LQ,

Not going to Milwaukee (the most underrated city in the US)but if you're hungry before the show go just north to the Comet Cafe at 1947 Farwell. Great good and plenty of vegan options for you!

Enjoy the show,

inopeng

thanks inopeng! just thinking of you - i learned that bobby keyes is playing fitzgerald's again on halloween! with a band tributosaurus. i'm assuming they'll play stones covers? they seem to play different bands on different nights. for example, they have a nirvana night coming up.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 22, 2009 06:00

Now you tell me! I'll be around but elsewhere unless I go late.

I think my brother has seen that band and I believe you are correct, LQ that
they do different bands on different nights. Should be Stones covers,
makes sense.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 22, 2009 06:00

That's right, I forgot to mention that about Bobby Keys. I'll likely go though I'm not big on cover bands no matter how good they are. A few cover songs by a band are good, but a whole show is kind of a buzz kill.

If I go hopefully I'll see you - have fun in Milwaukee!

Date: October 22, 2009 07:24

inopeng
That's right, I forgot to mention that about Bobby Keys. I'll likely go though I'm not big on cover bands no matter how good they are. A few cover songs by a band are good, but a whole show is kind of a buzz kill.

If I go hopefully I'll see you - have fun in Milwaukee!

wineaux posted more on the "rolling stones costume link" - she's looking for a costume for this show....it will be covers of songs that bobby has worked on with multiple bands.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 22, 2009 19:39

GO SEE BERNARD AND HIS BAND IF YOU CAN! I MET HIM IN SF AND WENT TO THE SHOW THERE - IT ROCKED! HE HAS A GREAT BAND AND SO GET OUT THERE AND SUPPORT HIM!!! IT WILL BE A FUN EVENING.

Date: October 23, 2009 12:14

Just got back from Milwaukee! Great show! High energy as usual. He picks great songs to cover but I prefer his own stuff.

Very small turnout - only 18 people! Thanks to inopeng for the suggestion of the Comet Cafe beforehand - my dinner date was a no-show (I was late) but I met a couple of women who I took to the show.

The small crowd was very enthusiastic and 7 of us went out with the band afterward - a very cold night and it was raining cats and dogs.

Bernard doesn't know when Ronnie's new album will be out but says it's great (he produced it).

Speaking of which, Bernard has a touching new song about the end of a friend's relationship with his wife.

Waddy didn't play with them (got tied up with some film production) but instead he two guitarists including a wild one named Robert Davis, from the LA band "The Yelling". Tomorrow night is Chicago. I'm expecting a decent turnout!

Date: October 24, 2009 12:01

back from the chicago show...much better turnout as expected. great set - seemed shorter but last night he did no encores, but had 2 tonight. sorry i don't have setlists. i haven't written down setlists since i used to see the dead.

the band all were psyched that the sound was much better at martyr's in chicago than the venue in milwaukee.

anyone else from IORR there? i didn't meet wineaux!

i went by myself but hung with the family and friends of amazing guitarist robert davis and had the most excellent time. got to hang in the green room and then half of our group including the band went to the green mill jazz bar. i left after 3am. made some great friends the last two days and bernard was wonderfully gracious as usual.

a bunch of friends and family are traveling to rockford but i'm taking the night off to catch up (and fight off a cold - too much partying). i suspect i'll go to madison on wednesday night.

also, atthis show bernard formally announced that the song i think is called i gotta go was written about ronnie and jo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-24 12:08 by little queenie.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 24, 2009 15:30

Alright LQ. So you had a good time. That's great.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: October 24, 2009 17:30

Little Queenie.... I was there with a friend of mine. We were sitting at a table up front on the right side of the stage; next to the table with the guy with the Stones shirt on. I did look around for you, but the only picture I saw of you was from some meet 'n greet a few years back & thought it would be awkward going up to every girl with long blonde hair asking her if name was Little Queeniesmiling smiley I thought the show was really good... wish he could've played a little longer or come out & hang with the fans a bit. I also liked the song written for Ronnie & Jo, plus Rain was very good too. We were hoping to take him down to Legends with us afterwards, although the Green Mill was a good choice too!!

Date: October 24, 2009 23:04

hi wineaux - i saw your table. bernard pointed at you and sang to you a few times, right?

i was center on the dance floor - wearing red pants and my bootleg argentinian bernard shirt! winking smiley otherwise, i was with the group at the back wall, to the right of the stage.

i bet in madison and rockford, which will be smaller, less populated shows, he'll come out. you just have to wait around a while. road trip?

Date: October 25, 2009 00:07

LQ, sounds like quite a time, the concerts and the hanging out!
Thanks, wineaux for your report too!

What was the name of the song about R and Jo?

Looking forward to hearing about Madison...

Date: October 25, 2009 00:41

I'm asked him on Thurs but my memory fails. I want to say "I gotta go" which is what's on the set list from SF above. Basically about Ronnie feeling the need to see what's on the other side.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 16:18

For Little Queenie: have you or can you ask Bernard if his OTHER band of Englishmen are hitting the road anytime soon.
Thanks!

Date: October 25, 2009 19:53

hey starstar, i thought about asking him but i've asked that kind of thing before (ex. to tim ries) and i know what the answer is. they don't know. we know more than them...that type of thing.

Date: October 26, 2009 04:26

LQ, also he's been asked that question a few times during his tour now so probably has a more prepared answer than when he first went out.

Date: October 26, 2009 06:11

i'm sure his answer would be charming and witty. sigh...

no report from rockford? i know i missed a good time but i got sick from partying at the other shows!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home