Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: bernard fowler tour
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 28, 2009 11:21

i heard rockford's crowd was bigger than chicago's - hard to believe. they didn't go on until midnight and took off right after the show to get back to their hotel in the chicago suburbs...

i'm going to madison tomorrow - anyone else going??

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: October 28, 2009 13:35

as much as i would love to take a road trip to madison, i am unable to go due to circumstances beyond my control. thank you for the offer! xoxox.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: October 28, 2009 14:31

Very tempting.... Madison is just a bit too far to go on a weekday. LQ - if you decide to go, have a good time & report back to us smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 28, 2009 18:14

If anyone is on the fence about seeing Bernard, let me just say...Do It!
My brother and I went last night and the guy is flat out talented. His current lineup rocked through some great songs, including a cool cover of the Garbage hit: I'm Only Happy When It Rains. "Songs that I feel like singing!" as he said himself. Ultra-cool and gracious guy, with a phenomenal voice.

Horrible, horrible, horrible turnout in Pontiac Michigan, a suburb of Detroit that has been decimated by the economy here in the Motor City. Absolutely NO press, NO promotion, NO advance publication, nothing. What a shame. I sure am glad that I went. Life is short and sweet, try not to miss out on anything!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 28, 2009 19:04

Three short clips that I took in Cologne in 2008.
Different band, but still Bernard Fowler rocking.
Quality is not good, but it will give you an impression.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocfair ()
Date: October 29, 2009 06:30

Going to see Bernard Fowler Thursday night at: Lee's Liquor Lounge in Minneapolis. Lee's is a small downtown bar that hold about 400 music fans. I will wear my Bigger Bang Tour shirt. Should be a FUN show!

Don

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 29, 2009 18:04

inopeng
That's right, I forgot to mention that about Bobby Keys. I'll likely go though I'm not big on cover bands no matter how good they are. A few cover songs by a band are good, but a whole show is kind of a buzz kill.

If I go hopefully I'll see you - have fun in Milwaukee!

Looks like I'll be there! inopeng, would love to touch base at the Bobby Keys show. LQ knows me. I may be wearing a Stones shirt. Anyone else here going in Chicago this Saturday night, let us know!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 29, 2009 20:23

A person I know states there was a turnout of 20 on the first show in Chicago and 10 on the other. This can't be right?! If it is true, it's sad.

Someone here is indicating that Bernard is OT, but I strongly disagree. He's been with the Stones on every single tour - and album (I think), and some solo albums -since 1989. 20 years in their service - and you're NOT OT!

Date: October 29, 2009 22:26

i'm still in madison, wisconsin basking in the glow. glad i came up last night. small venue and it was packed at first but i heard that many of the opening band's fans were there. expected they'd stay but they cleared out afterward and the turnout again was poor. again - those of us here were all very enthusiastic b/c these guys are awesome. they cut the set short a bit.

chicago's turnout was good and i heard rockford was better so they at least had 2 good shows. fingers crossed they get a good crowd tonight in minneapolis.

the guys have enjoyed themselves, despite the long drives and bad promotion. after the show, bernard was enthusiastic about touring saying this is the first time he's done the states and it's just the beginning. he said you gotta get out there.

Posted by: Rocfair ()
Date: October 30, 2009 20:40

Great Show last night in Minneapolis! A small but raucous crowd of about 70 fans came to see Bernard Fowler perform at Lee's Liquor Lounge. I got there early for the soundcheck. After the band set-up and cruised thru several songs. Bernard came to the bar and mingled with a few of us lucky fans.

The band was very tight and high energy. Bernard was in great voice throughout. I was able to grab a setlist from the stage after the show. Here's what they played.

Get Away
Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy cover and it smoked!
Only Happy when it Rains - Garbage cover. A fitting song for a cold rainy Minneapolis night!
Small (don't have the complete title) many songs had abbreviations on the list.
Mountains
Need to Know - Tom Petty cover featuring Phil Jones Petty's drummer (1979-1983)
Jones is a very powerful precision drummer.
Future
She's so Cold - Stones cover. A 10 minute extended version that Bernard nailed the vocals and the twin guitars rocked!
Gotta Go - A new song Bernard wrote about Ronnie Wood and his breakup with his wife. Nice ballad.
Heroes - Bowie cover. Sounded much better Live than Bowie's studio song!
Down Payment
encore - Jumpin' Jack Flash - Stones cover. This one brought down the house. Everyone was dancing and singing along to this Stones classic.

No Friends with Priviledges CD's were available. The last CD's sold out the night before in Madison, WI. A poor marketing decision; as he could have sold about 40 last night! Bernard came out after the show for an informal meet and greet. Many fans were snapping photos with Fowler (myself included). All around a very Fun, memorable night of Rock 'n Roll!

Don

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-30 23:18 by Rocfair.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 30, 2009 22:55

Bernard will sing in Buenos Aires on November, 13. O probrably I will see Bernard there.

Date: October 30, 2009 23:33

wineaux
Little Queenie....thought it would be awkward going up to every girl with long blonde hair asking her if name was Little Queeniesmiling smiley

Aren't you glad you weren't searching for me winking smiley

Bernard's really good & charismatic...looking forward to another show.

Date: November 1, 2009 01:26

glad to hear my boys had a good show in minnesota! 70 people is a pretty big crowd. set list about the same as what i heard but no AC/DC?

he didn't have CDs at 2 of the shows i went to...he was quite casual about it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 1, 2009 20:30

LQ, any thoughts on the Bobby Keyes show last night?
Great to see you there.

I enjoyed it thoroughly--the backup band Tributosaurus is fantastic
and Bobby did himself proud, I thought. What a thrill to hear
(and see) him playing on CYHMK.

Anyone else want to report?

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: November 2, 2009 03:50

Bernard did cover AC/DC in Minneapolis - "Down Payment Blues" was fantastic as the final song before encore. He seemed to imitate Bon Scott's voice a bit while singing this one - sounded cool!

"Mountains" from Rocfair's list was the song "Too Many Mountains" by Stevie Salas.

Bernard was intense and awesome! He really seems to love his job and it's fun to see him do things his own way. As many have said, don't miss this show!!

Great to meet and chat with you Rocfair!!

Date: November 2, 2009 04:22

great to hear more good things about minneapolis...

we should probably start a separate thread for bobby keyes' show last night! i'll try to get some pictures from marie!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home