Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT. Robbie Williams 'back in the studio with Take That'
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 28, 2009 18:38

Robbie Williams 'back in the studio with Take That'
Robbie Williams has reportedly been back in the studio with Take That secretly writing new songs.

Published: 7:59AM BST 28 Sep 2009
Robbie Williams 'back in the studio with Take That'
According to The Daily Mirror Robbie Williams could be performing on stage with his former bandmates, Take That Photo: PA

The 35-year-old star could also be performing with his former bandmates on stage soon, the Daily Mirror said.

The singer is said to have flown from Los Angeles to New York to meet the group for band member Mark Owen's stag night.

They then headed to the Electric Lady studios in New York's Greenwich Village to work together for the first time since Williams left to pursue a solo career, it was reported.

A source told the newspaper: ''He is back with Take That in the studio and they're all writing together again. Robbie wouldn't be happy performing old Take That songs that he has had no part in.

''But if they can pen new tracks that they're all happy with, they'll record them and he will be back with them on stage.''

A spokesman for Take That said he could not confirm the reports.

''I still have not heard word back from management about confirmation that he has been in the studio to write new material with them. I cannot confirm the story.

''At this point, all I know is that they are over there mixing this live album so there is every possibility that he popped in to just hear the new recording.''

The reports come after rumours of a reunion have been circulating for months.

Williams is said to have flown to New York with his girlfriend, American actress Ayda Field, on Wednesday where he joined Owen, Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Jason Orange for dinner.

He was seen arriving on Saturday and Sunday at the Electric Lady Studios, originally built for Jimi Hendrix, where Take That are putting the final touches to their album.

Williams, who has a forthcoming new single Bodies, told the Daily Mirror that the five might reunite for a special appearance at next month's Children in Need charity event at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

Formed in Manchester in 1990, Take That sold millions of records between 1991 and 1996. Williams left the band in 1995 to go solo and the following year the group formally announced that it was disbanding.

The band reunited in 2005 to discuss the idea of a greatest hits album and in November of that year Owen, Barlow, Donald and Orange appeared at an official press conference to announce a British tour.

Band members are approving final mixes for their live album The Greatest Day due out on November 30.

Re: OT. Robbie Williams 'back in the studio with Take That'
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 28, 2009 20:33

This is a joke, right?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 28, 2009 20:49

Is there ANYbody that cares?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 28, 2009 20:57

intresting thanks for the info....

this is good information for stones fans ...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 28, 2009 22:09

Things must be REALLY slow around here ....grinning smiley

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 28, 2009 23:42

Robin Williams from Mork & Mindy?

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 28, 2009 23:49

i thought he´s making movies... though i have a recording of him on a george martin cd

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 23:50

i never understood why people like this guy. he's ugly and can't sing but of course i'm an american and he never caught on here

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 28, 2009 23:58

Take That were huge in the UK circa 92-96 and one has to give them credit for reforming and making such a success of things. Everyone thought they would fail without Robbie – his departure was partly why they split in the first place – and it was only a matter of time before he decided he ‘wanted in’ again. Personally, I would tell him to get stuffed.

Date: September 29, 2009 00:00

Erik_Snow

I'm sure he has a massive fan base, I am not one who would buy his music but I thought it would be of some interest to some people as we are all music fans! There are so many small minded people on this board, can't one share information without being made to feel stupid all the time?

Date: September 29, 2009 00:14

Robbie Williams was an incredibly popular artist in the UK for a number of years. He enjoyed many major successes and there few – if any – who could get close to him in terms of sales and overall popularity. His pinnacle moment was probably to sell-out Knebworth sometime in the early 00’s. He became almost hermit-like, however, and I think he let his moment slip a little. I believe he can reclaim his crown as the clown prince of British pop music.

Date: September 29, 2009 00:15

pgarof
Erik_Snow

I'm sure he has a massive fan base, I am not one who would buy his music but I thought it would be of some interest to some people as we are all music fans! There are so many small minded people on this board, can't one share information without being made to feel stupid all the time?

"music", that's a kind of a wide term, I'd say - I doubt there's a big percentage who are reading this board that care about Take That....that's all - sorry if you feel stupid for making this thread; I would have, me too

Date: September 29, 2009 06:39

Erik_Snow
pgarof
Erik_Snow

"music", that's a kind of a wide term, I'd say - I doubt there's a big percentage who are reading this board that care about Take That....that's all - sorry if you feel stupid for making this thread; I would have, me too

I can't see the point of making personal digs at people.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:53

Boring cut out pop star who takes himself way too seriously, and can't admit he is gay. Crap music too.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 29, 2009 09:10

Nothing new about Spice Girls?eye popping smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: September 29, 2009 09:21

whitem8
Boring cut out pop star who takes himself way too seriously, and can't admit he is gay. Crap music too.

Takes himself seriously? Hardly.

Can't admit that he's gay? I think his sexualityis his own business, personally.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 29, 2009 09:45

Grrrrr.

Date: September 29, 2009 10:44

Takes himself seriously, of course he does. He thinks his work is very important and cutting edge. Please... I don't care if he is gay either, but when he panders to a gay audience yet often makes macho videos with women. Seems strange to me.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 29, 2009 10:57

Take That would be very foolish to have him back in the fold.

Date: September 29, 2009 13:05

whitem8
Takes himself seriously, of course he does. He thinks his work is very important and cutting edge. Please... I don't care if he is gay either, but when he panders to a gay audience yet often makes macho videos with women. Seems strange to me.

Have you had this misfortune to see him prance around like a fairy in the Could It Be Magic video? Have you seen the Rock DJ, video? They guy has no worries with clowning around. Gary Barlow was the serious and somewhat more credible member of Take That.

I don't 'get' your final comment regarding the pandering and macho videos: which video's are macho exactly? IMO, he doesn't pander to a gay audience as such, anyway - just those who like popular music and a cheeky chappie.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: September 29, 2009 13:15

OT threads are fine for the most part but why in hell's name would anyone around here give a rat's fcuk about this?

This is the most piss weak thread I can remember here in some time.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: September 29, 2009 13:19

"There are so many small minded people on this board, can't one share information without being made to feel stupid all the time?"

You cannot be for real. This is a boy band formed to be a cash machine. It's not being small minded - it's just being miffed. What in hell do the Stones and Take That have in common musically?

There is always some group getting back together or bringing out a new album or whatever blah blah. They're not all posted here however. Take That were a big slash fopr a couple of years in the UK I understand. If some people still care over there all power to 'em. The rest of us don't care. A very bold statement I admit. But one I'll stand by.

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: September 29, 2009 14:16

"Take that"-shit and go back to the Kindergarden, where it belongs!!

Date: September 29, 2009 14:22

pgarof
Erik_Snow
pgarof
Erik_Snow

I can't see the point of making personal digs at people.

If you're so soft-skinned that you take every critisicm of your stupid thread as "personal digs", then don't post such crap on IORR - what did you expect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 17:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 29, 2009 14:30

This IS kinda amusing, mainly because I have absolutely NO idea who you guys are talking about!!(Even after the explanation>) LOL--------- Hi, Erik!

Date: September 29, 2009 14:33

Big Al
whitem8

Have you had this misfortune to see him prance around like a fairy in the Could It Be Magic video? Have you seen the Rock DJ, video? They guy has no worries with clowning around. Gary Barlow was the serious and somewhat more credible member of Take That.

I don't 'get' your final comment regarding the pandering and macho videos: which video's are macho exactly? IMO, he doesn't pander to a gay audience as such, anyway - just those who like popular music and a cheeky chappie.

Hey big Al I am winding you up man. I just can't believe you know all his videos! Sorry, he just aint my cuppa tea.

Date: September 29, 2009 14:35

scottkeef
This IS kinda amusing, mainly because I have absolutely NO idea who you guys are talking about!!

Lucky you, Scott...!
It's just a boy-band for rich 10 year old girls out shopping clothes and their first lipstick.... awful stuff
edit: not a "band", actually, but a "product"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 14:42 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: September 29, 2009 16:21

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 29, 2009 16:22

This funny thread still going on...

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: September 29, 2009 20:16

Why is this Shite been discussed ?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home