Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Q a very odd photo
Date: September 29, 2009 22:22

I own this authentic fan mag from '64 (it is No. 1, and priced 50c); it's called the "crazy world of England's Rolling Stones". It's red and has a pic of them on cover. I don't think it is super rare because I have seen someone else here with a scan of the cover once. Anyway, the pics inside are funny because they are obviously geared for teenybopper market.
There are no page numbers; and there is one spread called "the Girls in their Life". The main pic is a b&w photo of Keith (?) and MAYBE Brian from behind, plus two girls. But there is something very odd that has been done to the pic; especially to Keith's face. To the point where it makes me wonder if this is even a Stones pic at all. And - this was way before the photo-shop days.
Does anyone else have this fan mag?
I'd show the pic if I had a scanner.

Re: Q a very odd photo
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 29, 2009 22:26

You can take a picture of it PR2000

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 29, 2009 22:33

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 22:36 by sweet neo con.

Date: September 30, 2009 00:04

Neocon! That's the one. You are amazing.
It's the page called "the girls in their life". Does your's look positively bizarre too?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 30, 2009 02:05

Palace Revolution 2000
Neocon! That's the one. You are amazing.
It's the page called "the girls in their life". Does your's look positively bizarre too?

Hi PR2000

Some pics from the 60's are amazing, but at this time, there was not so much Mags in color, very often, you found some mags with b&w pics which are cheapest to edit.
The trick used by some Mags is to colorised some pics .
Look at the vintage postcards, most of them are colorised and for some of them
the result is very strange.
That's an explaination...

Take a look at this one

You could clearly see that the colors were added and sometimes it's better in B&W.
But those colorised pics are nice anyway, 60's teens should loved those colorswinking smiley

HMN

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-30 02:10 by Honestman.

Date: September 30, 2009 02:28

Thnaks Honestman.
But what they did to Keith;'s face in the one I am talking about is positiviley bizarre. I MUST get a scanner so that I can show you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home