Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Mick Jagger thinks Susan Boyle’s version of ‘Wild Horses’ is better than his
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:53

This just out on a site called Irish Central :

Iconic rocker Mick Jagger thinks that Susan Boyle’s version of “Wild Horses” is better than the Rolling Stones original.

The Susan Boyle Fansite Forum reports that during an interview on New Zealand Radio, D.J. Ewing Stephens quoted the Stones front man as saying that the “Britain’s Got Talent” star’s now famous version of the song was a “ghostly version, much better than” anything “he had ever done.”

If this is true, the Scottish singing sensation couldn’t ask for a better endorsement!

What do you think – is Susan’s take on the Rolling Stones classic “Wild Horses” better than the original?

[www.irishcentral.com]

Re: Mick Jagger thinks Susan Boyle’s version of ‘Wild Horses’ is better than his
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:57

ain't had time to hear it yet, but how gracious of mick!

Re: Mick Jagger thinks Susan Boyle’s version of ‘Wild Horses’ is better than his
Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 29, 2009 02:58

"What do you think – is Susan’s take on the Rolling Stones classic “Wild Horses” better than the original?"

No, not even close IMHO.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 29, 2009 03:14

No...she's only a singer. He is singing his own lyrics and a voice like Mick's is very rare. Susan's voice is beautiful but she is not unique. But I agree it was very gracious of him to praise Susan's rendition as he has.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 29, 2009 03:18

The Sundays version is a good rendtion. I can't remember who posted that nice version.

Date: September 29, 2009 03:18

Her version is vocally pure and beautiful. However I wish there had been more musical accompaniment. The arrangement could have been more lush and full.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: September 29, 2009 04:57

I like Susan Boyle's version, but the original version and this version are my favourites:

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 29, 2009 05:11

"If" Mick said that he must have been thinking about the royalties he would get from the sales of her version of Wild Horses,personally l don't like it at all..
The original is so much better.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 06:02 by sweetcharmedlife.

Re: Susan Boyle does Wild Horses
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 29, 2009 11:45

* Post edited because I didn't noticed ChefGuevara had already posted the link .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 15:13 by SwayStones.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:42

No mention down this way i live in NZ .Cannot find anything re Micks comments on boyle??

Posted by: andy2804 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 03:12

It is so interesting to read comments from those who live in a bygone age,It is not very good,It's crap,She can't sing,Let me tell you idiots something.I have been to about 30 stones concerts,In at least half jagger was atrocious.The wild horses compliment given by jagger was real nice of him and i have heard the radio interview.everyone has there views on which version they love best.That doesn't make others wrong.But on 3 forums susan boyle rendition has been voted by massive majorities as being the best of all.Her version may be crap to some in here but you forget that the stones version is rated crap by many.The song itself would i think be in anyones top 2 of stones recordings.But look at the crap some of you type.The stones were so fantastic in 1962 that there first 5 singles were all covers.So to those who hate covers ,without them no rolling stones,or many other groups.And her version sounds like so and so's.What a load of rubbish.Her version sounds like her version and no one elses.No more than the stones first 5 singles sounded like the originals,That is a ludicrous statement.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 11, 2009 20:26

Calm down, calm down

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home