Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Susan Boyle does Wild Horses
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: September 18, 2009 17:22

just checked the Rolling Stones page on the I Tunes Store and Wild Horses is
their most popular song. It used to be Paint Black, Gimme Shelter
or Start me Up. So this whole Susan Boyle thing it's having some kind of
impact.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 18, 2009 17:40

Rip This
..........a lot of people saw it, which means the Stones benefit bottom line.

Here are the ratings:

NBC scored 14.7 million viewers and a 9.1 rating/15 share in households for the night, more than doubling the audience for its nearest competitor. CBS finished second with 6.21 million viewers and a 4.2/7, slightly ahead of FOX's 6.16 million and 3.9/6. ABC (4.6 million, 2.8/5) came in fourth. The CW trailed with 2.1 million viewers and a 1.5/3.

The adults 18-49 race was a little bit closer, with NBC's 3.5 rating beating FOX's 2.7 for the top spot. ABC took third in the demographic with a 1.7,

edging CBS' 1.6. The CW drew a 1.0.

The hour-by-hour results:

8 p.m.

NBC: "America's Got Talent" finale (13.5 million viewers, 8.4/14 households)
ABC: "Wipeout" (6.2 million, 3.5/6)
FOX: "So You Think You Can Dance" (5.7 million, 3.6/6)
CBS: "The New Adventures of Old Christine" rerun (4.5 million, 3.1/5)/"Gary Unmarried" rerun (4.5 million, 2.9/5)
The CW: "America's Next Top Model" (2.8 million, 2.0/3)

18-49 leader: "America's Got Talent" (2.8)

9 p.m.

NBC: "America's Got Talent" finale (17.5 million, 10.5/17)
FOX: "Glee" (6.64 million, 4.2/7)
CBS: "Criminal Minds" rerun (6.63 million, 4.6/7)
ABC: "Crash Course" (3.7 million, 2.2/3)
The CW: "The Beautiful Life" premiere (1.5 million, 1.1/2)

18-49 leader: "America's Got Talent" (4.1)

The real show was UM defeating Ga Tech on a professional level.

Posted by: Jani ()
Date: September 18, 2009 18:04

I've always loved The Stones Wild Horses so I was completely surprised to fall in love with Susan Boyle's rendition. It amazingly beautiful and emotional, she has a true gift.

how would (will) Mick react?
Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: September 18, 2009 18:45

(well, Mick or Keith...)

So, we have Wild Horses upraising from the ashes of oblivion,thanks to Susan Boyle. what could our beloved old farts think about it? If I were Mick (hearing myself singing, or checking my account on a telebank terminal, reminds me I'm not) I would have mixed feelings. On one side, I would feel some sympathy for Susan Boyle,who gave a honorable interpretation of the song, bringing it to fame once again. On the other side, I could not forget that there are at least three glorious studio versions of the song by the Stones themselves (including Stripped), some very good live renditions, not to mention a wonderful version by some ladies of soul; unfortunately, I don´t remember their names, and the audio on youtube must have disappeared as a lot of things recently, but they reminded me singers of the caliber of, I don't know, Etta James or Aretha Franklin (Susan Boyle can sing it, but beside the talent there was that "extra flame" that only a black voice can give)...
In a few words, everybody woke up and discovered this song and if I were the author I would be pleased, but at the same time I´d be tempted to kindly invite the whole world to f... off...

Re: how would (will) Mick react?
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 18, 2009 18:55

Well..I might be wrong...but, I think (in BEING MICK) Mick said he liked Britney Spears' version
of Satisfaction. So............................if he liked that, I'd hope he'd love a respectable verison of WH.

In general, Mick has said that he likes when others cover their songs.
Not sure if he's interested in their interpretation...or the royalty checks. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-18 18:56 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 18, 2009 19:26

The check....ha....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 18, 2009 19:31

hot stuff
The check....ha....

And straight to the bank with it!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 18, 2009 19:37

Guess what song will become a standard on the setlist on the next tour...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 18, 2009 19:41

Keith will probably say that the songs he comes up with, and Wild Horses is one of them, don't "belong" to him. Once the song is out, people take it and do their things with it, well as long as they ask and Keef gets pay for it of course.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:26

mickijaggeroo
Guess what song will become a standard on the setlist on the next tour...

Well that would'nt be the worst think in the world if it does happen. We have'nt heard it much on recent tours.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 18, 2009 22:41

Why is this a sticky thread? Were any valid reasons posted? Seriously, why do we have have to endure a sticky thread the past five weeks dismissing politics? And then this sticky post out of the blue? It doesn't make sense.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:45

Zumabitch, What a great phrase!..."that 'extra flame' that only a black voice can give."

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:48

Chris Fountain
Why is this a sticky thread? Were any valid reasons posted? Seriously, why do we have have to endure a sticky thread the past five weeks dismissing politics? And then this sticky post out of the blue? It doesn't make sense.

read page 4 of this thread - it might explain.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 18, 2009 22:55

Hey, we couldn't get Susan Boyle nor Mick Jagger to sing on this one - so Stikkyfinger agreed to do it. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: September 18, 2009 23:00

open-g
skipstone
Why is this a sticky?

Is there a reason?

If I record a Stones song and put it out will I get a sticky?

I suppose it's sticky so you can't miss it and post yet another Susan Boyle thread.

how many threads had to be merged into this one already?
anyway, it's too much work to clean up the board for such a minor subject of a topic.

I sense a little nordic irony in making it sticky. good one, BV.

What is nordic irony? Are the Vikings on the move?

Date: September 18, 2009 23:12

Thanks Open-G. Now we're talking!! Great post.

Kick Ass Son, and then some.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 19, 2009 02:10

guess she's some kinda Catherine the Great wannabe, depending on what you mean by "does"?

Posted by: Vinyl Rocks ()
Date: September 19, 2009 03:53

Yeah, Susan did a fantastic job on 'Wild Horses.' It's amazing how much her voice resembles that of an American singer named Kat Kramer, who is getting ready to release an entire album of Mick Jagger solo songs. Kat's interpretation of Mick's songs are, in my opinion, just as phenomenal as Susan Boyle's. You can hear some of her cuts at www.katharinekramer.com and then click on her MySpace link at the bottom. My favorites are 'Say You Will' and 'Angel in my Heart.' 'Party Doll' with the late Billy Preston is also gorgeous.

Posted by: Vinyl Rocks ()
Date: September 19, 2009 03:56

Susan Boyle sounds remarkably like an American singer named Kat Kramer, who is recording an entire album of Mick Jagger material, and every song is exquisitely beautiful. You can hear some of them at www.katharinekramer.com.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 19, 2009 04:31

l don't want to offend anybody here but,l can't stand Susan Boyle,and her version of Wild Horses IMHO is horrible, way over the top....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 19, 2009 12:42

So it´s over - because the fat lady sings...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 19, 2009 13:18

Why is this sticky?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2009 18:30

TooTough
So it´s over - because the fat lady sings...

lol...
Yes, it's over.

Posted by: mark666 ()
Date: September 19, 2009 18:43

It's good that society finally accepts freakshows as primetime entertainment. 'Britains got no talent', 'I'm a loser give me money' and 'Big Boring Brother' are classic shows which sadly I cannot watch as I am busy breathing.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 19, 2009 23:55

This thread has been sticky for a few days now because there were like 3-4 new threads about the same subject every day. I spent too much time on merging new threads into this one. Simple self defence of my own spare time. I am sorry if somebody have been offended by this. After all it was not the end of the world. Nobody died. Great news are it is not sticky anymore!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: September 20, 2009 19:34

Sorry to bump this thread but I wonder if anyone saw this? [www.themalaysianinsider.com]

"If anyone stood to be offended it was picky fans of the Rolling Stones, but a survey of responses on the fan Web site It’s Only Rock’n Roll indicated near-unanimous approval."

smileys with beer

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 28, 2009 17:53

Mick Jagger thinks Susan Boyle’s version of ‘Wild Horses’ is better than his
Rolling Stones rocker says Boyle's version is more 'ghostly'
By ANTOINETTE KELLY , IrishCentral.com Staff Writer

Published Monday, September 28, 2009, 10:11 AM

Iconic rocker Mick Jagger thinks that Susan Boyle’s version of “Wild Horses” is better than the Rolling Stones original.

The Susan Boyle Fansite Forum reports that during an interview on New Zealand Radio, D.J. Ewing Stephens quoted the Stones front man as saying that the “Britain’s Got Talent” star’s now famous version of the song was a “ghostly version, much better than” anything “he had ever done.”

If this is true, the Scottish singing sensation couldn’t ask for a better endorsement!

[www.irishcentral.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2009 18:53

"much better than ”anything“ he had ever done.”

Boyle's good, but...

Is mr. Jagger here a bit too self-critical?>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-28 18:54 by Doxa.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 28, 2009 19:30

Edith Grove
Mick Jagger thinks Susan Boyle’s version of ‘Wild Horses’ is better than his
Rolling Stones rocker says Boyle's version is more 'ghostly'
By ANTOINETTE KELLY , IrishCentral.com Staff Writer

Published Monday, September 28, 2009, 10:11 AM

Iconic rocker Mick Jagger thinks that Susan Boyle’s version of “Wild Horses” is better than the Rolling Stones original.

The Susan Boyle Fansite Forum reports that during an interview on New Zealand Radio, D.J. Ewing Stephens quoted the Stones front man as saying that the “Britain’s Got Talent” star’s now famous version of the song was a “ghostly version, much better than” anything “he had ever done.”

If this is true, the Scottish singing sensation couldn’t ask for a better endorsement!

[www.irishcentral.com]

And if anyone believes that Mick said that in an interview, then they'll believe anything. What a crock of sh*t.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 28, 2009 19:48

Why would Mick do an interview with a new Zealand radio station?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home