Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19
Re: Charlie quits? False rumour!
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:35

and we thought charlie got loud ovations before, wait until mick introduces him on the next tour, the place will probably crumble with the noise

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 3, 2009 04:02

Charlie hasnt actually done anything, though!!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: September 3, 2009 04:06

Let Charlie do what's best for Charlie. He has nothing to prove.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 3, 2009 04:26

Gazza
Edith Grove
mickijaggeroo
Here´s Mr credible: Paul Cashmere of Undercover.au:

Feel free to print and use the pic as a dart board.... winking smiley
paul@undercover.com.au

Printed mine on tissue paper.

Guess what I will do with it! smoking smiley

By the look of his expression, EG - I think you already HAVE.

that Beatle wig has to be worth a pretty penny.

IORR............but I like it!

Re: Charle QUITS !
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 3, 2009 04:30

Carnaby
Ah, but life is good-

i wonder how many times he's sketched that horse... winking smiley

they say pet owners resemble their pets.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 15:31 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:01

Gazza
Charlie hasnt actually done anything, though!!

He doesn't have to....He's Charlie effing Watts.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:13

What a day!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:34

[undercover.com.au] The_Band

Stones Deny Charlie Is Leaving The Band

by Paul Cashmere - September 3 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

It looks like only time will tell until we really know if Charlie Watts has hung up his drumsticks in the Rolling Stones.

A source close to the band told Undercover that Charlie has decided not to return to the Rolling Stones and has no interest doing another tour or recording on the next album.

The source also named Charlie Drayton from Keith Richards` other band The Expensive Winos as being prepped for the vacated drum stool.

The loss of Charlie Watts would be a major blow to the Stones. His impeccable timing is the backbone of their sound.

Yesterday’s story has gone right to the centre of the Stones empire with an announcement from Stones spokesperson Fran Curtis calling it a ‘”fabricated story”. Not quite. The story did not come from an anonymous email or from someone unconnected to the band. It was a reliable source.

The next phase of the Rolling Stones is yet to be announced. There is nothing on the calendar so far for 2010. The next major benchmark for the band will be in 2013. January 2013 will mark the 50th anniversary of when Charlie joined the band.

Right now, we will take on board at face value the statement from Curtis saying “drummer Charlie Watts has not left The Rolling Stones” and look forward to hearing about what the Stones will do next.

Not every official announcement about an artist always turns out to be true. Not every reliable source always turns out to be right either.

Undercover does not make up stories. We write about what we hear Charlie has left the band.

Undercover is sticking by the absolute truth of the story until Charlie Watts himself denies it.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:40

Lol, sheesh, all this is much ado about nothing. The board went wackers on an uncomfirmed rumor, thank goodness some sense has been restored. This thread did however make for some interesting reading but all is back to normal now. The Rolling Stones will tour again soon and we can laugh about this long drawn out 14 pages of mostly intelligent chat, with some nonsense and silly banter thrown in.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 06:41 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:43

ryanpow
Glad I was away from IORR long enough for this rumor to have been put to rest by the time I came back.

Well said Ryan. Well said.

Mike

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:57

if charlie goes, whither THE PLEXIGLASS??

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: September 3, 2009 07:29

Ringo Starr is available

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 3, 2009 08:25

astmalia
Ringo Starr is available

for what?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 3, 2009 08:57

Hmm, probably just Mick and Keith for the next tour and album, well KISS have managed this situation for years...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 3, 2009 09:30

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: September 3, 2009 09:35

Lrt's face it. Ther's no Rolling Stones without Charlie. They'll kill each other on tour without Charlie. Anyway next tour will be last one for sure.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 3, 2009 10:41

timbernardis
Just can't help it, can you?
We think it's great that Charlie didn't quit after all. And all you think about is your effing plexiglass... You've taken it too far. Really.
Desperately NOT funny any longer.

Re: Charle QUITS !
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 3, 2009 10:45

Carnaby
Ah, but life is good-

But it ain't rock n'n roll! smoking smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: September 3, 2009 10:54

So what? They love the life they lead outside the Stones. And that's probrbly why he can actually cope with joining that "circus" for two years at a time - from time to time.
Go to [www.halsdonarabians.com]
and watch the loveliest home page ever! (It's brand new, for those who have seen it before.)

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:04

Addicted
So what? They love the life they lead outside the Stones. And that's probrbly why he can actually cope with joining that "circus" for two years at a time - from time to time.
Go to [www.halsdonarabians.com]
and watch the loveliest home page ever! (It's brand new, for those who have seen it before.)

Nothing said about neither of the stones' members and their lives outside the band. Of course they can't be "rock 'n'rollers" all the time. My post was more of a quotation of Ronnies song "Ain't Rock 'n' Roll", on which Charlie plays the drums, and the fact that they have lived their good life for a couple of years now, so it's time to do "the rock 'n' roll thing" again! smiling smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:11

Addicted
timbernardis
Just can't help it, can you?
We think it's great that Charlie didn't quit after all. And all you think about is your effing plexiglass... You've taken it too far. Really.
Desperately NOT funny any longer.

Have to agree ...

Date: September 3, 2009 11:18

Pheeeeew!!!! Charlie is the man. Deep in my heart I knew he wouldn't quit like this smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:28

It looks like that the second post by Undercover is a desperate attempt to save their faces. What else can they say?

But: the quick official response sounds strange: why they needed to kill the rumour so quickly down? Were they really so worried about the suffering souls of Rolling Stones fans? Oh yeah? Or no smoke without fire? Hmmm...

- Doxa

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:35

>> why they needed to kill the rumour so quickly down? <<

Doxa, Charlie is currently on a small tour playing boogie woogie with Ben Waters et al - you know that, right?
that scene doesn't need disrupting with endless questions about sensational-sounding fabrications.

(i grasp the Australian site's effort to save face, but not why anyone here needs to try to puff the story back up into something.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 11:37 by with sssoul.

Date: September 3, 2009 11:44

<It looks like that the second post by Undercover is a desperate attempt to save their faces.>

Very unprofessional, imo. As a reporter myself, I would simply pass on the new information for correction, and not be prestigious about the first story.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:45

with sssoul
>> why they needed to kill the rumour so quickly down? <<

Doxa, Charlie is currently on a small tour playing boogie woogie with Ben Waters et al - you know that, right?
that scene doesn't need disrupting with endless questions about sensational-sounding fabrications.

(i grasp the Australian site's effort to save face, but not why anyone here needs to try to puff the story back up into something.)

Yeah, that sounds reasonable - not to bother Charlie's tour. (But I don't grasp the last sentence you wrote.)

- Doxa

Date: September 3, 2009 11:54

Yep, Mr. Cashmere's desperately trying to save face.
I'd say it's too late - both for his face and his hair.

Must be one of the ugliest toupés I've seen in 40 years. (back in the really early days of toupés, they came in nylon, and static electricity did funny things with nylon "hair". I set fire to my grandfather's toupé once, experimenting with matches. He actually thanked me for it.)

Date: September 3, 2009 11:59

<I'd say it's too late - both for his face and his hair.>

LOL!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:01

Addicted
Yep, Mr. Cashmere's desperately trying to save face.
I'd say it's too late - both for his face and his hair.

Must be one of the ugliest toupés I've seen in 40 years. (back in the really early days of toupés, they came in nylon, and static electricity did funny things with nylon "hair". I set fire to my grandfather's toupé once, experimenting with matches. He actually thanked me for it.)

<<< I set fire to my grandfather's toupé once >>> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow !! VERY rock n' roll .... I like it. I hereby approve your application to be a lifelong Rolling Stones fan.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:01

Doxa
It looks like that the second post by Undercover is a desperate attempt to save their faces. What else can they say?

But: the quick official response sounds strange: why they needed to kill the rumour so quickly down? Were they really so worried about the suffering souls of Rolling Stones fans? Oh yeah? Or no smoke without fire? Hmmm...

- Doxa

The report sparked speculation and panic among Stones fans online.

[www.rte.ie]

The report, from the normally credible online outlet Undercover (http://www.undercover.com.au), stirred up a worldwide panic among fans, since Watts' departure would likely mean the end of the venerable group.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home