Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: Charlie quits? False rumour!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:26

open-g
Now how about this:

Stewed n Keefed wrote on RO:
"Just seen a interveiw with Charlie on BBC news South from Crawley where he is playing tonight.
After the interveiw the woman said she asked Charlie about the rumours on the internet and he said NOT TRUE."

YES. Now that's an announcment I can believe and is as OFFICIAL as anything posted on the internet...And yet,people still continue to debate it.eye popping smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:26

King Bee
Just seen a interveiw with Charlie on BBC news South from Crawley where he is playing tonight. After the interveiw the woman said she asked Charlie about the rumours on the internet and he said NOT TRUE.

Is that you Stewed n Keefed?

anyhow, it doesn't get more official than from the horses mouth.

the woman said she asked Charlie about the rumours on the internet and he said NOT TRUE.
so there thumbs up

Posted by: oldrubberlips ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:29

Thank God it isn't true!!

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:30

open-g
King Bee
Just seen a interveiw with Charlie on BBC news South from Crawley where he is playing tonight. After the interveiw the woman said she asked Charlie about the rumours on the internet and he said NOT TRUE.

Is that you Stewed n Keefed?

anyhow, it doesn't get more official than from the horses mouth.

the woman said she asked Charlie about the rumours on the internet and he said NOT TRUE.
so there thumbs up

Yes Its Me smiling smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:32

The false news was even on the belgian television today.... I'll try to ask Mr. Watts tomorrow in Southampton winking smiley
Now I think about it,no, I won't ask him that.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:48

JumpingKentFlash
It still worries me a tad that Cashmere is sticking to his story.

You should only worry about his mental health, dear!
When the Stones management take the trouble of actually denying a rumour - you can believe what they say.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:50

Just like when the PR lady said that Keith was OK and didn't need brainsurgery? And no hole drilled in his head?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 3, 2009 21:52

paulywaul
turd
This rumour mongering bloke Paul Cashmere ruined a lot of peoples day yesterday and in the process shot himself in the foot and ruined the credibility of the undercover.au website.

He clearly underestimated the power of the global internet by spreading badly sourced gossip or maybe evan the voices in his own head - what a prat.

<<< what a prat >>>

Quite. Anyway, trouble yourself not, Addicted has the right idea. She's gonna pin him down and set fire to his toupee !!

Ah, did I say that? Well, I must've been drunk or something. But a promise is a promise.
And btw - I was 8 when I set fire to my grandfather's toupé, and he wasn't wearing it at the time. But I had already been to my first Stones concert... That's not where I got the inspiration, though. (to set fire to grandpa's "hair", I mean.)

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:24

@#$%&
who IS edithgrove666 anyway? Charlie's neighbour? Keith's dealer? Mick's manicurist?

i'm guessing, someone who wears a lime green t-shirt
weighed down with laminates.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:24

WMiller

In the meantime, here's one of my favorite photos of Charlie. It's powerful, dark & disturbing and shows him to be very distant; not really there, if you will. It's a look that he has a lot in candid shots.

I'm not sure who to credit. I seem to recall that it was from the EOMS recording period, so maybe Dominique Tarle??

It is Dominique TARLEwinking smiley A great shot !

HMN

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:28

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Adrian-L
@#$%&
who IS edithgrove666 anyway? Charlie's neighbour? Keith's dealer? Mick's manicurist?

i'm guessing, someone who wears a lime green t-shirt
weighed down with laminates.

Good one Adrian.grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:48

What a coincident, think we are grinning smileyin some way connected ...typing the same thing and post at the same time

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:52

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 12:55 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:52

NICOS
What a coincident, think we are grinning smileyin some way connected ...typing the same thing and post at the same time
Great minds think alike!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2009 01:34

camper88
Gazza

In addition, if you 'banned' people for posting a 'rumour' that turned out to be incorrect, you'd quickly have no one left on any board. Even the people who run it. People do get info wrong despite acting in good faith. It happens.

For example, I heard this rumour that Gazza may have an aunt who may have balls. I can neither confirm nor deny this story.

That would be my dad's long lost sister - good old Aunt Fred.

Strange ol' bird.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 4, 2009 02:19

Gazza
camper88
Gazza

In addition, if you 'banned' people for posting a 'rumour' that turned out to be incorrect, you'd quickly have no one left on any board. Even the people who run it. People do get info wrong despite acting in good faith. It happens.

For example, I heard this rumour that Gazza may have an aunt who may have balls. I can neither confirm nor deny this story.

Strange ol' bird.

Strange, indeed. But you didn't hear that from me.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 4, 2009 02:39

edithgrove666 is no idiot. Something is cookin'. This does not come out of nowhere. However, it is not Charlie's decision if he is out. He just made clear that he does not want any more large scale tours. If they want to do it, he is out. If they scale it down, he is in. Simple as that. In a way, it is in the hands of the other band members if Charlie is in or out. That is what I heard and it makes perfect sense to me. Don't blame Cashmere.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2009 03:17

If thats true, I prefer Charlie's plans, personally!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 4, 2009 03:50

Oh heck, here we go around and round again - this is making me dizzy eye rolling smiley

the 4 w's must be asked.
who? when? where? what?

any chance on expanding on that, retired_dog?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: September 4, 2009 05:08

@#$%&
What will happen when the Stones finally call it a day? Will there be mass suicides on this messageboard? It's rather amusing to read how people have reacted to this Charlie story. Did anyone take the day off work to recover?
Boss: Why aren't you in the office?
Employee: Charlie quit. Can't work today.
Boss: Who the @#$%& is Charlie?! Get back to work, @#$%&!

Haha, post of the day!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 4, 2009 06:07

charlie is pulling the old squeeze play, now we will see if mick n keith are loyal or just in it for the money, my money is on loyalty

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 4, 2009 06:52

Could be the answer was to "Rumours" NOT TRUE - that means it is NOT roumours, it is TRUE - that means "he is leaving".... yawning smiley)))

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 4, 2009 07:06

Did anyone from here attend Charlie's show last night? I'm dying to hear if anything was said about the rumors then.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 4, 2009 09:09

Thru and Thru
Did anyone from here attend Charlie's show last night? I'm dying to hear if anything was said about the rumors then.

I'm going tonight

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 4, 2009 10:05

retired_dog
edithgrove666 is no idiot. Something is cookin'. This does not come out of nowhere. However, it is not Charlie's decision if he is out. He just made clear that he does not want any more large scale tours. If they want to do it, he is out. If they scale it down, he is in. Simple as that. In a way, it is in the hands of the other band members if Charlie is in or out. That is what I heard and it makes perfect sense to me. Don't blame Cashmere.

I'll go with that!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: September 4, 2009 11:26

Rather than going round in circles is he? isn't he? Why don't we just calm down take a chill pill and see what happens coz whatever will be, will be......

Laters fellow groovers

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 4, 2009 12:03

King Bee

Oh ,that's what we can call a serious information then !smiling bouncing smiley
We get it right from the horsemouth !!

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 4, 2009 15:02

Gazza
camper88
Gazza

Strange ol' bird.
Gazza, just a little reminder,there is no such thing as freedom of the press ,freedom of the net and so on .on BV board does he not edit and remove posts at his discretion?.to me this issue was like going in a sold out theatre and yelling fire ,with the ensuing choas .i am talking from the land of liberty and freedom for all ,and if you believe that well .you get where i am coming from.oh by the way i never bought into that aussie report .

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 4, 2009 15:30

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2009 15:42

Cashmere Goats Hair Soup .....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home