Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: The Black Crowes: Before the Frost...
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 12, 2009 20:50

whitem8
Yes, I downloaded from Apple and it included a digital book. With credits on both discs.

I downloaded from Amazon and got nothing. Any chance of a copy?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 02:57

I can try to email it to you, what's your address?

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 13, 2009 20:27

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 15, 2009 23:34

I've had this in my car player for two weeks now and absolutely love it, top to bottom. Every Crowes' release has been interesting, and this one slams home their long and winding career in one package. It is as if the brothers have truly given in to fate. They are destined to roam the earth together, in the whirlwind of rock and roll that forever will surround them.

I do not like jam bands, I do not smoke weed, and I do not like bands that imitate the Rolling Stones.

I love the Black Crowes. Go figure.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 16, 2009 09:25

Cool Kurt! I smoke weed, I like some jams from certain bands, and I dig the Stones, and Love the Black Crowes too!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 18, 2009 22:15

Right after reading this thread I got the album today.
I must say it's the best Black Crowes album I've heard up to now. I had heard the first two ones, with Remedy and so on. But this is way more consistent.
Hate to admit it, but it's great stuff..

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 20, 2009 15:08

VoodooLounge13
For those of you that are really dedicated to The Black Crowes, could one of you please answer me this question?

I'm just learning of their Live Nation instant live albums and I want to start getting them. My question is do they change the cover for each tour, or is it just a random change thru out the same tour? There seems to be 3 different covers, and the dates are spread out some, so I was wondering if they do it similarly to The Who or not, because while some of the dates are spread out, there doesn't appear to be that much of a spread to make it more than 2 tours, if you follow. I'm just really wondering how many of these are out there that may not be on Live Nation's website anymore.

thanks!
VL

Another question for you Crowes aficionados .
I Have managed to find a few of these Instant Live sets across the net ,and what I am curious about is the amount of echo used on some of the songs, can't remember there being a lot of echo when I last saw them live.
Is this more common now or is it a sound recording error.

Date: November 6, 2009 15:08

I drove to Grand Rapids last nite to check out the Crowes. Man, these guys can groove! A Blast as expected. If anyone still bitches about "Warhorse-type" sets, this is the band to follow live. Once I finish another cup of coffee I might add it up, but my first guess is that they played 10-12 new songs last night. Great.

Plus, Jealous Again and She Talks to Angels for the casual fans. Huge bonus for me was getting P.25 London. I love that one. "There's a hornets nest in my head, come and save me!"

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 6, 2009 17:50

Kurt
I drove to Grand Rapids last nite to check out the Crowes. Man, these guys can groove! A Blast as expected. If anyone still bitches about "Warhorse-type" sets, this is the band to follow live. Once I finish another cup of coffee I might add it up, but my first guess is that they played 10-12 new songs last night. Great.

Plus, Jealous Again and She Talks to Angels for the casual fans. Huge bonus for me was getting P.25 London. I love that one. "There's a hornets nest in my head, come and save me!"

Cool! I guess Been A Long Time Waiting On Love is a monster live, eh?

Date: November 6, 2009 18:47

Great call, Mr. Edward!

Been A Long Time...is soooooooooooooo good live. I didn't want it to end.
I actually woke up with it in my head this morning.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:21

Black Crowes are in Milwaukee tomorrow night (Saturday)..........might wander downtown to
check them out again. Saw them at a festival over the SUmmer...great time.

I think tomorrow's show is $36 General Admission at the Riverside theater.

Love the new double album...the upcoming video (of the album) looks good too.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-06 20:21 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 22, 2017 22:28

My favorite song Rich Robinson wrote with the BC. What is Home.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 22, 2017 22:36

Great songwriters in there late 30's early 40's making such great records with Warpaint, Before the Frost and Until The Freeze. The BC songs, arrangements, lyrics, epic jams just got better as they got into there late 30's early forties.
You can not say that about many bands. Most bands go through the motions at that age and really do not put out great songs etc.

I wish they could get back together again. I think Rich got pissed at Chris because Chris did not want to make Steve Gorman a full time member of the crowes only a hired hand and that upset Rich.

Date: February 22, 2017 22:41

[www.bing.com]

By Your Side - What a guitar sound openg.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: February 23, 2017 19:13

Yeah, I hope at some point they will throw enough money at them that they will reform, but we know in rock history Brothers will be Brothers right? I've seen them many times touring here in the Southeast especially when they just came on the seen in the early 90's. We know the break-up story of what Chris wanted to do, but hopefully while they are still young enough to do it together they will at some point?!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 23, 2017 19:16

Go see the Magpie Salute!

[themagpiesalute.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home