Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Blue & Lonesome success/Time to release Bright Lights Big City boot?
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 18, 2017 18:16

Time for the official release? Perhaps throw in Cops and Robbers and a couple others. Get Clearmountain to bring it up a bit.

Tracklist
A1 Diddley Daddy
A2 Roadrunner
A3 Bright Lights, Big City
A4 I Want To Be Loved
A5 Baby, What's Wrong
B1 I'm Moving On
B2 I'm Alright
B3 Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
B4 Pain In My Heart
B5 Route 66

Re: Blue & Lonesome success/Time to release Bright Lights Big City boot?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 18, 2017 18:36

It is already officially released. The "A" side was released with the GRRR box set and the "B" side is the offical GOT LIVE EP which has been issued multiple times as a physical CD or digital download since 2002.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 18, 2017 19:15

In 2014 this one was available as LP: [www.discogs.com] as well as Digital Download at Qobuz.com (44.1kHz/16bit FLAC):

1 - Diddley Daddy
2 - Road Runner
3 - Bright Lights, Big City
4 - I Want to Be Loved (Studio Version)
5 - Crackin' Up
6 - Honey, What's Wrong
7 - Come On (Single Version)
8 - I Want to Be Loved (Single Version)
9 - Poison Ivy
10 - It Should Be You
11 - Fortune Teller
12 - You Better Move On
13 - Bye Bye Johnny
14 - Money
15 - Come On (Live On BBC)
16 - Memphis Tennesee
17 - Roll Over Beethoven
18 - I Just Want to Make Love to You
19 - I Wanna Be Your Man
20 - Stoned

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 18, 2017 19:33

Thereby prompting ABKCO to follow Columbia's example with Dylan and begin the copyright extension releases.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 18, 2017 23:46

For what it's worth, my original Bright Lights boot sounds better than my official IBC demos disc.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 19, 2017 06:31

shadooby
For what it's worth, my original Bright Lights boot sounds better than my official IBC demos disc.

I agree!! I was so disappointed when I played the CD in GRRR only to hear the sound of a needle on vinyl! My bootleg copy sounds better too!

Date: February 19, 2017 11:12

DGA35
shadooby

I agree!! I was so disappointed when I played the CD in GRRR only to hear the sound of a needle on vinyl! My bootleg copy sounds better too!

Mine too. And this is not the only disc I have had this occur. (Hyde Park and Marquee)
I wish they'd put a disc with all the great old Blues out from back then. The IBC, and Chess too.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 19, 2017 11:51

Palace Revolution 2000
DGA35
shadooby

Mine too. And this is not the only disc I have had this occur. (Hyde Park and Marquee)
I wish they'd put a disc with all the great old Blues out from back then. The IBC, and Chess too.

Why? All that stuff is multiple times released on boot meanwhile, mostly in official quality. I even have the rarer ones like Reelin' And Rockin' 3 or 4 times on CD. Try the 6CD Genuine Black Box (Scorpio) to get the majority of the studio bootleg songs until 1974 in one package. The package is better than official releases too. There's one on Ebay at the moment, but expensive and without postcards. 150 Euro, but you can make a price proposal. Anyway, it's not cheap and/or easy to get.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-19 11:54 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 19, 2017 18:38

Monsoon Ragoon
Try the 6CD Genuine Black Box (Scorpio) to get the majority of the studio bootleg songs until 1974 in one package. The package is better than official releases too. There's one on Ebay at the moment, but expensive and without postcards.

Wasn't this one pressed from lossy source material?
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 19, 2017 19:09

dcba
Monsoon Ragoon
Try the 6CD Genuine Black Box (Scorpio) to get the majority of the studio bootleg songs until 1974 in one package. The package is better than official releases too. There's one on Ebay at the moment, but expensive and without postcards.

Wasn't this one pressed from lossy source material?
[www.iorr.org]

What's is meant with "lossy source material"? CMR has no problems with the release sound-wise. Sound is great in my ears for most tracks. Some few ones not, e.g. Get Yourself Together III is a strange mix. Maybe some download files present it "lossy", but the real set is not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-19 19:15 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 23, 2017 02:26

Monsoon Ragoon
Palace Revolution 2000
DGA35
shadooby

Why? All that stuff is multiple times released on boot meanwhile, mostly in official quality. I even have the rarer ones like Reelin' And Rockin' 3 or 4 times on CD. Try the 6CD Genuine Black Box (Scorpio) to get the majority of the studio bootleg songs until 1974 in one package. The package is better than official releases too. There's one on Ebay at the moment, but expensive and without postcards. 150 Euro, but you can make a price proposal. Anyway, it's not cheap and/or easy to get.

You got a point there. ( I do have all the cuts many times over too)

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 23, 2017 20:13

I feel the sound on B&L is superb, why don't they re record these classics? There's clearly an audience

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 23, 2017 20:23

midimannz
I feel the sound on B&L is superb, why don't they re record these classics? There's clearly an audience

The studios are all booked. They're unable to get any studio time...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home