Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Your summer
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 31, 2009 18:35

The Greek
T&A
The Greek
T&A
The Greek
bloody awful

bossman still gotcha down?
to give you the update .preliminary report,is pretty good. i have to wait till 11/15 to find out if i am in the clear .i am keeping my fingers crossed .

as a precaution, i would recommend calling in sick for the next 10 weeks...hard to screw up if you're not there, you know....
that's a good one .ya know my first boss on the job told me "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".that's what my gravestone will read.

it's good to get head-start on the head-stone...for myself, i've merely instructed mrs. t&a to put me in the (rest of) trash....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2009 19:05

T&A
The Greek
T&A
The Greek
T&A
The Greek
bloody awful

bossman still gotcha down?
to give you the update .preliminary report,is pretty good. i have to wait till 11/15 to find out if i am in the clear .i am keeping my fingers crossed .

as a precaution, i would recommend calling in sick for the next 10 weeks...hard to screw up if you're not there, you know....
that's a good one .ya know my first boss on the job told me "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".that's what my gravestone will read.

it's good to get head-start on the head-stone...for myself, i've merely instructed mrs. t&a to put me in the (rest of) trash....
there are laws that say you cannot do that right?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 31, 2009 19:06

well, that's her problem - there's not much they can do to me at that point....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2009 19:10

T&A
well, that's her problem - there's not much they can do to me at that point....
you then would be in the clear

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 31, 2009 19:22

Elmo Lewis
skipstone
My banana plants are doing great. My palms are doing great. The rest of my plants are doing great. Have fruit on the lime tree, my celosia are 7 feet tall, my sugar cane is hanging in there, my gardenias are blooming and no hurricanes yet. Some good storms and it's been hot and humid - perfect. Still got a good ways of summer to go.

Damn, skip, I thought meeting me was the highlight of your summer! smoking smiley

That's pretty rough when you can't compete with a bananna plant Elmo.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 31, 2009 20:51

Yeah, skip's quite the green thumb - just wondering about those "other plants" he mentioned!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 1, 2009 04:01

skipstone
My banana plants are doing great.

Best use for a banana:

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 1, 2009 06:05

It was a nice summer. I was in Lithuania for two weeks with my better half. We'll be going to London in early October too.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 1, 2009 07:45

Elmo, it was summer when we were there? Seems so long ago!

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 1, 2009 23:43

My daughter surprized me !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2009 00:18

Coooooool Chippy ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: September 2, 2009 03:26

I live in south Texas. It's been so kcufin' hot down here I haven't hardly been able to enjoy summer. We've had over 50 days of 100+ heat since June 21 and barely any rain. Most of my summer evenings were spent at the ballpark, drinking beer and wishing it wasn't 97 degrees at 9:00 p.m.

It's FINALLY starting to cool off - I don't think we even hit 90 today, and it's only been in the 70s at night for the last 3 evenings.

Also, to continue my whine, my husband got laid off in February and hasn't even had so much as an interview despite sending out dozens of resumes. So no vacation = no relief from the horrid weather.

I thought we were going to get to see Mac McLagan this weekend, but the poor love had to have shoulder surgery so he rescheduled 'til December (KR's b-day/my wedding anniversary, conveniently).

Anyway. It's been a damned rough summer and I'm happy to see the back of it.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 2, 2009 03:41

My last summer event had me taking my soon to be teenage daughter down to the Chautauqua Institution in southern NY State last week to hear a lecture by author David McCullough.

Other than that just working hard for about 2 more months until off season in late November.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: September 2, 2009 04:49

Awesome Chippy.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:10

DaisyGrace
I live in south Texas. It's been so kcufin' hot down here I haven't hardly been able to enjoy summer. We've had over 50 days of 100+ heat since June 21 and barely any rain. Most of my summer evenings were spent at the ballpark, drinking beer and wishing it wasn't 97 degrees at 9:00 p.m.

It's FINALLY starting to cool off - I don't think we even hit 90 today, and it's only been in the 70s at night for the last 3 evenings.

Also, to continue my whine, my husband got laid off in February and hasn't even had so much as an interview despite sending out dozens of resumes. So no vacation = no relief from the horrid weather.

I thought we were going to get to see Mac McLagan this weekend, but the poor love had to have shoulder surgery so he rescheduled 'til December (KR's b-day/my wedding anniversary, conveniently).

Anyway. It's been a damned rough summer and I'm happy to see the back of it.

Sounds like a tough one Daisy. Just keeping swallowing a few Bud Lights and hope that the fall brings a better life. (3 Doors Down reference).

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home