Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Your summer
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: August 29, 2009 07:13

How was everyone summer? Mine was good, had my 3 week holiday, saw a concert, my garden went swell.

Re: OT: Your summer
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2009 10:20

Ain't here yet .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 29, 2009 10:50

I live in England. Dontcha know, we don't actually have summers here, we have a relentless succession of shitty lukewarm half-assed days, interspersed with very occasional single day of something even vaguely beginning to resemble summer. For summer - REAL summer - get the f**k out of England.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 11:24

yea i know about england
but here in the other island in the Atalandic ie iceland we had some 5 weeks of pure summer : warm no rain at all, very little wind, unbelivable.
you just woke up in the morning and rolled yourself out into the garden jdid not bother any clothes which is alsolutely unusual here
i started worrying for the trees and flowers actually for the dryness ,
but i am very happy for my garden now.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 29, 2009 11:46

My summer has been really great. I turned 40 earlier this month and my better half arranged for us to spend a week in an old vw camper van on the isle of wight. It was a complete surprise. When we got home she then took Me out for dinner and all my friends where there. Again a complete surprise. I have had a wondering time and to top it off I'm currently in Edinburgh staying in a lovely hotel.

I also got the record deck out of the loft and started playing records again. Can't get any better.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: August 29, 2009 12:04

great hot summer here in Croatia, like it should be!

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 12:32

Mine has sucked. As usual.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 29, 2009 13:12

Here is mine :

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 29, 2009 14:32

I went to Spain, South Carolina & the Poconos. Plus I left a shitty board, made scads of dough & now I'm doing some US Open stuff this week.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 29, 2009 15:26

?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-29 15:28 by straycatuk.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 29, 2009 17:21

August in Georgia?

Hot, sweaty, sticky, humid, gnats, swelter, scorcher - you get the drift.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 29, 2009 22:18

Pretty quiet until last week,when I went to see Bruce back east. Saw 2 killer shows,met one of Rocks Off's finest and had a great time. In spite of the heat and humidity. Which seems to have followed me back to California. Come back fog,we miss you.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 29, 2009 23:32

I saw Charlie Watts and shook his hand, spent a few days at the beach, drank some cider, read some books and bought and loaded an ipod.

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 23:43

It has been a nice summer here in south of Sweden. Nothing much happened... will probably be off to Amsterdam a weekend later this autumn smiling smiley

Date: August 30, 2009 00:36

I should add that whilst in Spain, we took a ferry over to Tangier, Africa & visited the house where the Stones did Continental Drift. That was a hot day!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 30, 2009 03:49

Country is named Morocco, aint it? Africa is a continent.
And a complex one too.
I also wanna go to Morocco - fairly low prices from Scnadinavia there nowadays.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 30, 2009 18:04

Spend two great weeks in the UK. On my way to Glasgow some old man thought that my trolley case was his and took off with it, fund out how hard is to drive on the "wrong side", but all in all we had a great time, the weather was really good.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: August 30, 2009 18:10

Not too shabby. I got a few new instruments and took a trip to Gothenburg. For a poor person that's like going 2 weeks to Cyprus or something. smiling smiley

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: August 30, 2009 20:02

Hey BV how was your summer?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 30, 2009 20:05

tippy2toes
Hey BV how was your summer?

The man climbed Kilimanjaro. I wish I could do that.

Date: August 31, 2009 02:15

Baboon Bro
Country is named Morocco, aint it? Africa is a continent.
And a complex one too.
I also wanna go to Morocco - fairly low prices from Scnadinavia there nowadays.
Yes, I'm better at geography than that, normally. Just very tired when I posted.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 31, 2009 05:50

I saw Green Day, the Dead Weather, jammed with my blues band and saw Taking Woodstock....all within the last 5 days

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 31, 2009 06:45

My banana plants are doing great. My palms are doing great. The rest of my plants are doing great. Have fruit on the lime tree, my celosia are 7 feet tall, my sugar cane is hanging in there, my gardenias are blooming and no hurricanes yet. Some good storms and it's been hot and humid - perfect. Still got a good ways of summer to go.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 31, 2009 07:18

Great summer! I came home to Michigan from Jakarta. Great weather (as opposed to most the US). Not too hot, and beautiful sunny days. Hung out with my family. Went to Vegas to see my brother play in the World Championship of Poker. Went to Boulder CO to visit a close friend, and went to New York to see McCartney! Also saw the Black Crowes in Ohio, and Robin Trower in Royal Oak Michigan. Great summer with friends, family, good food, and great live rock and roll. Couldn't ask for more than that!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 31, 2009 17:34

bloody awful

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 31, 2009 17:46

The Greek
bloody awful

bossman still gotcha down?

Date: August 31, 2009 17:52

T&A
The Greek
bloody awful

to give you the update .preliminary report,is pretty good. i have to wait till 11/15 to find out if i am in the clear .i am keeping my fingers crossed .

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 31, 2009 18:17

The Greek
T&A
The Greek
bloody awful

to give you the update .preliminary report,is pretty good. i have to wait till 11/15 to find out if i am in the clear .i am keeping my fingers crossed .

as a precaution, i would recommend calling in sick for the next 10 weeks...hard to screw up if you're not there, you know....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 31, 2009 18:29

skipstone
My banana plants are doing great. My palms are doing great. The rest of my plants are doing great. Have fruit on the lime tree, my celosia are 7 feet tall, my sugar cane is hanging in there, my gardenias are blooming and no hurricanes yet. Some good storms and it's been hot and humid - perfect. Still got a good ways of summer to go.

Damn, skip, I thought meeting me was the highlight of your summer! smoking smiley

Date: August 31, 2009 18:31

T&A
The Greek
T&A
The Greek
bloody awful

as a precaution, i would recommend calling in sick for the next 10 weeks...hard to screw up if you're not there, you know....
that's a good one .ya know my first boss on the job told me "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".that's what my gravestone will read.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home