Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: OT--Stop the Jackson media madness!
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:32

hbwriter
This coverage is ridiculous- they've closed the 101 freeway at RUSH HOUR to allow for their motorcade - a SWAT team will guide the body to Staples - these people are disgusting - costing the city of LA millions of dollars it does not have, not offering to pay a nickel of it - thousands of cops and fireman and emergency service to shut a city down for a day and for what? A freaking entertainer? A freaky entertainer? An unconvicted child molester? An isolationist drug addict? What?

This family is disgusting - selfish, self absorbed, clueless--milking every last drop of blood and fame just to get their own mugs plastered on TV - a bunch of d-list has beens coming to grips with the death of their meal ticket. Sorry folks - this is a sad commentary on society that this owns the day - you want to honor the guy? Do it with grace, class and decency - not this circus orgy of grotesque celebrity worship - that is costing we the taxpayers millions. They orchestrate this fiasco in secret then complain about the loss of privacy - they talk about their poor brother yet they did nothing but defend his insane behavior while he was alive - enabling all the way. Give me a freaking break - and let the Michael Jackson backlash begin as soon as the bills (and toxicology reports) start rolling in.

Thank You HB,could not have said better,Bury him and lets get on with more important things.
Just saw those two hustlers Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson crying, give me a Fu...ing break..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-07 22:34 by ROPENI.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:53

I largely agree with hb . . . particularly about the "Revs." Sharpton and Jesse. Neither has ever seen a camera he did not love. They are disgusting ego-maniacs and I cannot believe that ANYONE in his right mind would put any credence into anything they would say or do.

Joe Jackson is a child-abuser who got away with it in the name of entertainment.

Diana Ross couldn't be there for "security" reasons??? How self-important is that???

And, the coverage is obscene.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:56

I wonder what Michael himself would say about the whole thing.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:56

IMPORTANT THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT:

- Please do NOT open more Michael Jackson threads on IORR
- Feel free to talk about Michael Jackson on this thread
- There was a great and touching ceremony in LA Staples today I think
- If you don't have anything nice to say then please do NOT say it

Thank you!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Bjornulf

Jagger, Keith, Ron, Charli and Jackson, opinions...
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 7, 2009 22:20

What about this picture?
I know WE are very tired of this thing, but can we post quotes about both parts, opinion from Jackson about Stones and Stones about Jackson?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: stein ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:01

Well said hbwriter. I hope all the best for his kids, dont let them grew up like The New Jacksons.

Re: OT: Michael Jackson posts here please
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:02

The only really touching moment of this circus was the daughter's words at the memorial - a child who misses her parent. My heart truly goes out to her. Jermaine and Marlon seemed pretty decent too.

The rest (especially the media) treat this guy like he's some kind of messiah - I already have one, thanks!

I had finally decided this was some kinda PR scheme and was actually expecting the casket to open and Michael "resurrect" for the greatest stunt in history.

Again, true sympathy for the little girl.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:17

I agree Elmo - the moment his daughter got up to the microphone was heartbreaking. I had actually cried a few moments earlier when Marlon asked Michael to give his deceased twin a hug for him.

But the moment with the daughter really got me and a was crying at my desk.

The Usher cry seem very contrived.

All in all - I think it was nicely done.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:18

It was a beautiful tribute, great music, especially John Mayer and Stevie Wonder!! Smokie Robinson, Brook Shields, Jennifer Hudson, and Usher showed a lot of real heart as did his brother Jermaine. One obvious thing to me was how some of those involved in the tribute did not mention Michael's father Joe. NO WONDER! Yes, Michael's little girl broke my heart. Larry King was in attendance and spoke after the service and you could see he was really moved by it. By the way, Smokie is a truly handsome man, WOW, what a cutie! He must be 70 or at least late 60's and he looks 45!! Over all, it was not one of those garish Hollywood productions, it was a service that was done with much thought and class.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:24

Hey, being a stones fan means being a cynic? I am not sharing all that emotion about MJ, but i do acknowledge he was an icon, and I am pretty sure he had more influence than anything the Stones did. I find that regrettable to some extend but that's the way it is. The Stones may have ripped off black music, or in other words, made this acceptable to a larger white public, but if you are not black and lived through the segregation period, i suggest you shut your mouth. What I read here is quite shocking and very stupid / ignorant.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:40

Beautiful tribute and very moving. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 7, 2009 23:44

It was fantastic !!!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 8, 2009 00:01

Jos
Hey, being a stones fan means being a cynic? I am not sharing all that emotion about MJ, but i do acknowledge he was an icon, and I am pretty sure he had more influence than anything the Stones did. I find that regrettable to some extend but that's the way it is. The Stones may have ripped off black music, or in other words, made this acceptable to a larger white public, but if you are not black and lived through the segregation period, i suggest you shut your mouth. What I read here is quite shocking and very stupid / ignorant.

more influence than anything the Stones did? hmmm...very doubtful.
as for the rest of your post, its your regrettable opinion...

Date: July 8, 2009 00:08

bv
IMPORTANT THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT:

- Feel free to talk about Michael Jackson on this thread

- If you don't have anything nice to say then please do NOT say it

Thank you!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Look BV, with all the respect that you deserve as the owner of this board,l strongly disagree with you,first you say to feel free talk about M jackson,but then you warn us If you don't have anything nice to say then please do NOT say it
This community here has a variaty of different opinions on M Jackson some may be nice but others like me have had enough of this circus,and personally l think M Jackson wasn't the nicest person around,his problems with innocent young boys are well documented, so unless you start to ban everyone that disagrees with you on M.Jackson,then you should let everyone give their opinions whether you like them or not..
Thank You

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-08 00:33 by ROPENI.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: July 8, 2009 00:15

duke richardson

more influence than anything the Stones did? hmmm...very doubtful.

and that is your regrettable opinion...

How many kids from all over the world were dressing and dancing like Michael Jackson when Thriller came out and then compare that to how many were dancing and dressing like Mick Jagger when the Stones released anything. I love the Stones but in terms of popularity and influence they are nowhere near MJ's level.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2009 00:28

I think BV means, tell your opinion but keep it in line with th policy of the board.

Date: July 8, 2009 00:33

popularity ok, but influence......... can't recall any artist that looks like him musically

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 8, 2009 00:43

Im almost 58 years old. I was moved so much. I had to cry.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 8, 2009 00:48

NICOS: Usher and Justin Timberlake are two artists that are highly influenced by Jackson. You can also hear a lot of the Jackson/Jones production style in many of the pop songs that are and have been on the track list for the past 15-20 years.

Re: OT--Stop the Jackson madness!
Date: July 8, 2009 00:48

I just watch the "hole" show...........why? otherwise I couldn't react on this post.

Conclusion ................one of the preachers said he had a great life..WHAT!!!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 8, 2009 01:02

Elmo Lewis
The only really touching moment of this circus was the daughter's words at the memorial - a child who misses her parent. My heart truly goes out to her. Jermaine and Marlon seemed pretty decent too.

The rest (especially the media) treat this guy like he's some kind of messiah - I already have one, thanks!

I had finally decided this was some kinda PR scheme and was actually expecting the casket to open and Michael "resurrect" for the greatest stunt in history.

Again, true sympathy for the little girl.

Well said Elmo.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 8, 2009 01:03

I was moved too especially when I saw the young Michael with such a permanent smile and such energy. He was the only one to perform like this so young.
The only regrets were Quincy and Diana's not to be here.
Yes Michael was a true musician, no doubt about it. One of the best performer with Mick, Dave Gahan and a very few more. The only one with james Brown to dance so much when singing and the only one so gracefully.

I expect a very big show now like the Freddie Mercury's tribute (I remember the emotion at the time and I do not forget Freddie).

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 8, 2009 01:18

There is no defending Jacko's actions. We are truly screwed up. Congeress woman Jackson-Lee introducung a 4 page tribute on the floor of the congress when they should be talking about the cap and trade bill. 2.5 million more that LA does not have - when is it all going to end?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 8, 2009 01:45

slew
There is no defending Jacko's actions. We are truly screwed up. Congeress woman Jackson-Lee introducung a 4 page tribute on the floor of the congress when they should be talking about the cap and trade bill. 2.5 million more that LA does not have - when is it all going to end?

thank you slew.

Date: July 8, 2009 01:56

slew

As long as they can make a buck of this circus it will go on and on>grinning smiley<

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 8, 2009 02:14

ROPENI, Slew - kindred spirits, we

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 8, 2009 02:15

Eh - what the hell are y'all talkin' about anyway?

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 8, 2009 02:39

the show was ok, but I felt said for his daughter, an eleven year, forced up there, that was sad,

Date: July 8, 2009 02:42

Now the mayor of Los Angeles wants people to pay for the circus we saw today,talk about pandering to the masses.

[mayor.lacity.org]

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 8, 2009 02:48

Ropeni--I know - this thing get more grotesque as the day gets long

"We love you, Michael!!!!!"

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1806