Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: U2 tour 2009, set lists, comments etc
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 1, 2009 07:39

OT: U2 on Suicide Mission (warning: 2009 Set List revealed)

I used to really like this band MUCHO but I just can't figure out what they are thinking lately. I guess it had to happen, things were going too good for too long. The crash was gonna come sooner or later and here it is. In Baseball it's "3 strikes and you're out". Here's U2's three strikes (or "Suicide Mission" if you don't relate to the baseball reference) -

#1. NO LINE ON THE HORIZON CD - Wow, 5 years since the last one and this 11 (only 11?) track mediocrity offers up 2 or 3 great new songs with the rest barely making the B-side list. The band has lost it's Mojo and sense of direction.

#2. THE STUPID CLAW TOUR - Now, this claw thing looks like an enlargement of some kids space toy from some stupid space movie that you find in the dirty blankets of a baby's crib. At a time of the world scaling back on over-the-top excesses U2 introduces the biggest excess of them all - THE CLAW STAGE. Takes 120 trucks to ship this monstrosity around. What does this giant Star Wars piece of crap have to do with music? Less than nothing....

Set List from Camp Nou, Barcelona 30-06-2009 - WTF?

BREATHE (NOT an opener IMHO)
LINE/HORIZON
BOOTS
MAGNIFICENT
BEAUTIFUL DAY
FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
ANGEL OF HARLEM
IN A LITTLE WHILE
UNKNOWN CALLER
UNFORGETABLE FIRE
BLINDING LIGHT
VERTIGO
I'LL GO CRAZY
BLOODY SUNDAY
PRIDE
MLK
WALK ON
STS HAVE NO NAME
ONE

ULTRAVIOLET
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
MOMENT OF SURRENDER

JOSHUA TREE - 3 songs - can we get "over" JT? It's a 100 years old....
RATTLE AND HUM - 1 song - always underrated and over looked
ACHTUNG BABY - 2 songs - about right for this great album....
ZOOROPA - 0 songs - does this album really exist? Not in any concert form for almost 20 years or something
POP - 0 songs - this ones been locked in the basement. What did it ever do to Bongo and Edge? So why do they hate it? Has some great songs...
NO LINE ON THE HORIZON - 7 songs - cut it in half.... then again

#3. OK, here's the kicker.... U2 has agreed to do the soundtrack music for the Broadway Stage production of "SPIDERMAN". What is all this kid stuff with the Siderman and Space Toys enlarged. Hey, U2 Dudes, Let's get BACK TO THE MUSIC !!! Oh , forgot, Bongo is wearing a new type of sun glass. They're round, I knew something was different.....

They STILL don't have ONE down - COME ON BOYS - TOO MUCH FRENCH RIVIERA !!!

WHAT IS NEW HERE ??? NOTHIN', NOTHIN', and NOTHIN' - it's lookin' like the beginning of the end I'm afraid.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-02 22:42 by bv.

Re: OT: U2 on Suicide Mission (warning: 2009 Set List revealed)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2009 07:46

.....Never allowed 'em inta The Bunker ......

Awww well sorta lied ....eeerrrr Silver and Gold ..... and J..J...Joy

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2009 07:51

.... "Prized fighter/in the corner is told/hit where it hurts/Silver and Gold" - Precious stuff Rockman....great choice...

Date: July 1, 2009 08:11

........Well um eeeer yeah but the Sun City Keith/Ronnie version

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2009 08:28

That one passes the Helter Quality test, no problemo - it's all good....

Date: July 1, 2009 08:40

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 1, 2009 08:55

what is the relevance if it is not written on plexiglass?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 1, 2009 12:22

"COME ON BOYS - TOO MUCH FRENCH RIVIERA !!!"

Please don't blame the French for this monstruosity/disaster >grinning smiley<
Bono is enough of an arse to sink his band alone winking smiley

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: July 1, 2009 12:38

timbernardis
what is the relevance if it is not written on plexiglass?

LOL

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 1, 2009 14:26

Stones fans complaining about a band playing three songs from an album thats a massive 22 years old?

Oh, the irony.

Date: July 1, 2009 15:52

I'm SO SICK of Josh Tree that I'll take 2 songs (and ONLY these 2) - TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES and BULLET THE BLUE SKY (with all the Anti Imperialistic American stuff that Bongo always adds in the end - always different, never the same) That's it, the rest is WAY BEYOND BURNOUT.....

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 1, 2009 15:59

Gazza
Stones fans complaining about a band playing three songs from an album thats a massive 22 years old?

Oh, the irony.

>grinning smiley<

Now that's funny!

I'm not too fond of the setlist posted...and I like U2. The JT show I attended was fantastic. Achtung Baby...ok, but started to get a bit away from the music with all the special affects.

But I wasn't impressed by the first song off the new album, and friends have told me the whole album sucks. I liked the last few albums though.

Zero songs from Pop and Zooropa is just about the right amount however!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 1, 2009 16:04

I've never understood the love this band generates. Honestly, in my opinion, they are completely overrated. Beyond Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby, I have no use for this band. I don't need the Joshua Tree because the best songs on that album are also on Rattle and Hum, and in better versions usually.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 1, 2009 16:37

Gazza

Oh, the irony.

Yeah and also having belief in their new album- what did we get 1/2 songs from BB?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 1, 2009 17:02

NASA scientists turned the Hubble telescope towards the stadium in Barcelona last night, trying for the first time to capture Bono's ego in its entirety. They failed.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 1, 2009 18:00

Actually, Zooropa got represented on the Elevation tour (as well as Pop). I don't know about the Vertigo tour...

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 1, 2009 19:08

It is strange - I have searched the press here in Norway, England, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, CNN and Rolling Stone and nothing about the U2 opening consert except from Bono had dedicated a song to Jacko and that Bono had called some astronauts on the International Space Station via satellite to ask then if they could see Bono himself, where they had laughed and that they could see him licking Bush's ass.
Seemes like Jacko has completely stolen the news from U2!!
Has anybody seens the reviews of the consert except from a local spanish newspaper

Date: July 1, 2009 19:24

Bono did anything he could for a photo op, those impressionable young minds out there all too eager to suck it up and buy his cd's.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 1, 2009 19:45

Gazza

Oh, the irony.

Bingo!

I was scrolling down to write exactly that.

Too many points to make, but just one:

"At a time of the world scaling back on over-the-top excesses U2 introduces the biggest excess of them all - THE CLAW STAGE."

Talk about sour grapes! It was planned long before the economic meltdown.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 1, 2009 19:54

mtaylor
It is strange - I have searched the press here in Norway, England, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, CNN and Rolling Stone and nothing about the U2 opening consert except from Bono had dedicated a song to Jacko and that Bono had called some astronauts on the International Space Station via satellite to ask then if they could see Bono himself, where they had laughed and that they could see him licking Bush's ass.

Seems like you haven't gotten the memo yet, Bush is no longer president.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 1, 2009 20:14

It's pretty cool that the initial four songs are from the new album and the fact that a total of 7 new tunes are played.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 1, 2009 20:52

People just expecting too much from them.
They're not really all that good anymore so what they've pulled off is pretty impressive now.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 1, 2009 20:55

kovach
mtaylor

Sure I know Bush is not president anymore.
Even if Bush is not president, Bono still licks everybodys ass - famous or non-famous, popular or non-popular - whoever so he can get attention

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-01 22:28 by mtaylor.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: July 1, 2009 21:26

Hilarious set-list whining. What if the Stones made a new album and played seven songs from it? Oh, my god.

Love em or hate em, at least U2 isn't an oldies act.

T@3

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 2, 2009 20:48

mtaylor
kovach
mtaylor

Even if Bush is not president, Bono still licks everybodys ass - famous or non-famous, popular or non-popular - whoever so he can get attention

"whoever so he can get attention"

In the case of Bush, Bono has said to the effect that he would deal with the devil to help 'get attention' of the world focused on extreme poverty in Africa and elsewhere. The One Campaign does just that without regard to who occupies the White House, No. 10 Downing St., etc..

Kissing Bush's ass, your words and opinion, not mine, was not for Bono's personal self aggrandizement, but rather to bring attention, and actual help to an emergency situation.

Take care.

Date: July 2, 2009 21:02

deadegad
mtaylor
kovach
mtaylor

"whoever so he can get attention"

In the case of Bush, Bono has said to the effect that he would deal with the devil to help 'get attention' of the world focused on extreme poverty in Africa and elsewhere. The One Campaign does just that without regard to who occupies the White House, No. 10 Downing St., etc..

Kissing Bush's ass, your words and opinion, not mine, was not for Bono's personal self aggrandizement, but rather to bring attention, and actual help to an emergency situation.

Take care.

Poverty has been a very public and widespread issue all the world over. The awareness is already there, and Bono is just stroking his ego, not teaching anything new, just great pr for his inflated self. How does one care about poverty so much while holding on to assets of 500+ million dollars. Why go to villages, and see these kids first hand, and say you care so much, and go back home to his life of excess. Why not show that he cares. Give 490 million away, living off 10 mil can't be that bad. The guy is all about himself, couldn't resist kissing W's ass cause his ego is that bad.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 2, 2009 21:18

I don't think it is particulary scandalous if a band plays a pil eof new songs rfom a brand new record; its to be expected, actually

and I dont find the new record to be half as lousy as some think; I quite like it, actually, and I aint no super huge U2 fan either

I don't need the Joshua Tree because the best songs on that album are also on Rattle and Hum, and in better versions usually.

too bad 'Exit' and 'In God's Country' werent put on the R&H cd; those are my two favorite tracks from Josh Tree and they are only on the film version

U2 360 Degrees stage: Very good!!!!!!!
Posted by: homerus ()
Date: July 1, 2009 21:37

For the first time, a group takes out a world tour with a stage which seriously competes Rolling Stones mammoth stages.I read that the whole tour will cost about 100.000.000 $!!!!!

This is a very "heavy" provocation for all stones fans and we want the 2010-2012 tour to be a reply.

Re: U2 360 Degrees stage: Very good!!!!!!!
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 1, 2009 21:44

Problem is, U2 edges the Stones in the age category and no matter what tricks the Stones pull out for the next tour, U2 will ALWAYS have the final say. God how I hate that thought!

Re: U2 360 Degrees stage: Very good!!!!!!!
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: July 1, 2009 22:13

Why would the stones compete with U2 in terms of stage design?As longs as they can put on a great show, nothing else matters.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home