Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: U2 tour 2009, set lists, comments etc
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 5, 2009 16:57

U2 time!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: July 5, 2009 17:15

Date: July 5, 2009 17:55

More pics and back to my island
Carlitos

Date: July 5, 2009 23:09

Set List Barcelona June 30th (FIRST SHOW)

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day / Blackbird
6. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
7. Angel Of Harlem / Man In The Mirror
8. In A Little While
9. Unknown Caller
10. The Unforgettable Fire
11. City Of Blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. Crazy Tonight
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. MLK
17. Walk On / You’ll Never Walk Alone
18. Where The Streets Have No Name
19. One
20. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
21. With Or Without You
22. Moment of Surrender

Set List Barcelona July 2nd (SECOND SHOW)

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day / Here Comes The Sun
6. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For / Movin’ On Up
7. Desire / Billie Jean / Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
8. Party Girl
9. Electrical Storm
10. Unknown Caller
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. City Of Blinding Lights
13. Vertigo / She Loves You
14. Crazy Tonight (remix)
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. MLK
18. Walk On / You’ll Never Walk Alone
19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. One
21. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
22. With Or Without You
23. Crazy Tonight (no remix)
24. Moment of Surrender

Date: July 6, 2009 00:14

U2 my Concert review translated and published in my local newspaper
[www.laopinion.es]

Carlitos
Tenerife
U2, Barcelona, 30 de Junio, Nou Camp

Like a famous TV star in Spain´d say, "now you know the news, NOW I´ll tell you the thruth...Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, liftoff, this is Ground Control to Major Tom...!!!, Space Oddity by Bowie or Rocket Man by Elton John, were sounding before and after the show last Tuesday at the splendid Camp Nou , full with more than 110.000 believers.The Claw, the spaceship of the Irish ones, landed in Barcelona. A few years ago Bono and Co, asked themselves if it could be possible to do a concert with the stage completely round, like this was gestated the claw, inspired by Gaudí and the Sagrada Familia of Barcelona, four legs pistachyo coloura and orange, which gets the proximity the band and audience in 360º degrees. Besides that in the interior there´s a giant LED screen rising and decending, under the giant monster, the stage is round the only thing it moves is Larry Mullen Jr place.
The volume was deafening and overwhelming, music buried in skin pores, it sounded so loud , compact and clean even beers desintegrated in dust atoms
With these two premises, stage and sound, U2 want to break and they do it, the architecture, the technology, techno circus, not forgeting the solidary message and spite of their eagerness of knock out everything they want to, they are almost the king business, with the permission of Stones, Springsteen and AC/DC.
Comin in the impress Camp Nou, believers all over the world were there, that was like revive Alien or those space ship of Spielberg with that stage. There were around 8 pm, North Irish Snow Patrol wamed up the stadiu, they really did their job. Around ten pm, the hot weather was unbearable, the lights were down, again sounds of Bowie, it sounds the intro, new song of their songs of ascent, arabic sound, Bono- Eno of course!Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!,the space ship landed, first astronaut is here, Larry Mullen power drums, later the rest one are here, Breathe sounds, Bono wearing black clothes say hello to the parishioners, the sound arrives perfectly, the whole stadium on feet, Bono got carried by Springsteen with the new song, they played 4 new songs in a road
Light, flashes all around, amazing merchadotenia, Bono constantly comments, thanks to me our dream come true!! Then Beautiful day, a classic one, Bono like a inmigrant boxer starts to knock out us. The Edge played like used to, original style and innovated, combining partial chords, drons, armonics and another way of textures spreaded but musically rich with great ritmic precition. Audience no stopping singing, jumping and dancing, See the world in green and blue, See Barcelona right in front of you, España is the emotion..."
Delirium Tremens, Bono wears now the Irish flag, I Still Haven´t Found What I´m Looking For , stadium sinks, Angel of Harlem song composed in Honour to Billie Holliday, in this ocation Michael Jackson was tributed, man in the mirror and don´t stop till get enough mixed with previous song Bono said, Jackson was an unspeakable talent" that´s all. ç
Blues soul song by In a little while and after that a new surprise the connection with the crew of the International Space Station live!! incredible!! chat, questions, etc, Future needs a big kiss, chords of Unknown caller, the central screen is like a karoke, The unforgettable fire, the screen change of colours descends, really amazing!
Vetigo, I´ll go crazy if I dont go crazy tonight, Larry with the bongo, the stadium is a complete discoteque, then sounds the military drum tones of Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride, Bono put a flag of Martin Luther King in front the stage.
MLK, and Desmond Tutu at the screen taling about AIDS and Africa and then Aung San Suu Kyi tribute with Walk on/You´ll never walk alone .
They leave the stage and come back with Where the streets have no name and one, Bono puts FC Barcelona shirt, and said is the only team in the world wears UNICEF propaganda.After that the rythm of the concert went down, they left the stage agaib Bono shows up this time witha Jacket with red laser lights, when he sings Ultaviolet lost his voice for a while, then with or without you and finally moment of surrender, which he said, Beautiful song, great gift of song from God, and it will better for us to sing.
Love, contradiction, always God, sex, poverty, authocreiticism, two worlds, Buenas noches Barcelona, Buenas noches España!! total climax.
The concert full of mesianic details which divide the world population in two parties, megalomaniac band, happy ones makes us to vibe more than eartmen, they confirm their unstoppable transformation from U2 in U-God

Carlos Perez Baez
Tenerife

My excuses for my English por favor.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home