Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Don Was currently mixing Exile outtakes?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 18, 2009 20:39

alimente
T&A
alimente
At least wait until the finished product has arrived before you start your bitching and stinking.

how about a little respect for those who like to be the first that told you so? huh? what about those who worry that their bitching and stinking will lost in the morass of bitching and stinking when the finished product arrives? thought about that? please...

Hmmm, did not think about this aspect...

OK, bitchers and stinkers, keep on bitching and stinking as long as your motives are right.

But check your motives carefully before you start bitching and stinking. Bitching and stinking for the the sake of bitching and stinking is not...politically correct.

agree completely. personally, i bitch for the sake of stinking and stink for the sake of bitching...perfectly valid.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 18, 2009 20:53

T&A
agree completely. personally, i bitch for the sake of stinking and stink for the sake of bitching...perfectly valid.

Oh, some sort of crossover thing...well, anyway, nothing against it, its such a beautifully crafted bitching and stinking, now thats fine.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: June 18, 2009 21:12

excitement on the forum ... sure something great to come

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 18, 2009 21:23

Courtney Love isn't just talking out of her Hole. This story was reported here over a month ago by Halup.

Halup posted on May 14: "I talked to Don Was 2 1/2 weeks ago after a charity show he performed at with Glenn Frey at the Roxy in Los Angeles. He told me he has been working on the Exile deluxe edition and indicated that it will include unreleased tracks."

Previously, Halup broke exclusive news from the Ocean Way mixing sessions for A BIGGER BANG. He also broke the news about Mick's forthcoming side project with Dave Stewart last August and has provided a couple of updates since then. Last month, he and UrbanSteel have given us credible news regarding a possible TATTOO YOU-style release of VOODOO LOUNGE, BRIDGES TO BABYLON, and LICKS outtakes that have recently been overdubbed and mixed. The EXILE outtakes are planned for release unless Mick 86's the project in the eleventh hour. The band has a contract with Universal, something other than reissues is anticipated. I'm excited at the prospect, personally - particularly if they unearth something other than the commonly circulating alternate versions and unfinished outtakes.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:25

particularly if they unearth something other than the commonly circulating alternate versions and unfinished outtakes.

........yeah I'll drink ta that Rocky

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:28

jeanmarie
excitement on the forum ... sure something great to come

At least - I think? - it is great to read about something other than Keef going grey, Ronnie getting laid, and Mick'n'Charlie getting ....whatever ;-)

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:36

Is Don Was going to call in Liz Phair as well, wouldn't be surprised.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:49

Just listening to Potted Shrimp - grea number (a potential Number 1), but there are some lyrics missing!
What about Mick T's contribution - have they fixed that deal, has Mick T's accepted.
While waiting - enjoy:

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:58

I also heard this on my classic rock station this morning! plus they also said a dvd is to come with this deluxe release but did not have a hint of what would be on the dvd, all sounds very cool to me, think positive!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-19 00:02 by melillo.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 19, 2009 00:03

Could it be this: Ladies and Gentlemen

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: June 19, 2009 00:46

mtaylor
Could it be this: Ladies and Gentlemen

Let's pray that it's not because we already have it in fine enough quality. I want some new footage to clench my teeth on!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:04

L & G would be fine IF we got a 4 dvd set with all four shows that were filmed!! Wouldnt that be a gas!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:23

scottkeef
L & G would be fine IF we got a 4 dvd set with all four shows that were filmed!! Wouldnt that be a gas!

oh man!!!!! dont torture me like that, that would be great!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-19 01:24 by melillo.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:57

If they really found some hidden stuff that would be a treat!

But it'll be nice anyway (IF MicK will like it in the end and doesn't stop it all).

And, - poor little Mick will finally see some € again!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 19, 2009 02:13

The beauty of Exile is that it sounds like it was recorded in a basement its murky and sounds like it could fall apart at any moment it is truely a high point in recorded rock 'n' roll history. Don't change a thing!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 19, 2009 07:01

Rocky Dijon
Courtney Love isn't just talking out of her Hole. This story was reported here over a month ago by Halup.

Halup posted on May 14: "I talked to Don Was 2 1/2 weeks ago after a charity show he performed at with Glenn Frey at the Roxy in Los Angeles. He told me he has been working on the Exile deluxe edition and indicated that it will include unreleased tracks."

Previously, Halup broke exclusive news from the Ocean Way mixing sessions for A BIGGER BANG. He also broke the news about Mick's forthcoming side project with Dave Stewart last August and has provided a couple of updates since then. Last month, he and UrbanSteel have given us credible news regarding a possible TATTOO YOU-style release of VOODOO LOUNGE, BRIDGES TO BABYLON, and LICKS outtakes that have recently been overdubbed and mixed. The EXILE outtakes are planned for release unless Mick 86's the project in the eleventh hour. The band has a contract with Universal, something other than reissues is anticipated. I'm excited at the prospect, personally - particularly if they unearth something other than the commonly circulating alternate versions and unfinished outtakes.

...nice post....certain peeps need to get recognized more often for their contributions here

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 19, 2009 07:49

It's true.

Here's the deal. Todd Snider's new album was produced by Don Was. Don just played with Todd at Bonaroo. I just played with Todd tonight in Memphis. Don told Todd that Exile is coming out with 8 extra tracks, of which one (that Don played for Todd) was "Good Time Woman" (the initial germ of "Tumbling Dice".)

So there you go. Don told Todd. Todd told me. Bada bing bada boom.

Tommy

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: June 19, 2009 08:20

From4tilLate
It's true.

Here's the deal. Todd Snider's new album was produced by Don Was. Don just played with Todd at Bonaroo. I just played with Todd tonight in Memphis. Don told Todd that Exile is coming out with 8 extra tracks, of which one (that Don played for Todd) was "Good Time Woman" (the initial germ of "Tumbling Dice".)

So there you go. Don told Todd. Todd told me. Bada bing bada boom.

Tommy

So we're just going to get outtakes that we already have? We already have outtakes like Good Time Woman in excellent quality. I'm hoping for something new...

Posted by: peter ()
Date: June 19, 2009 09:13

anyone listened to 'Voodoo Brew' or 'Voodoo Stew' ?....I think Don Was will give us something to be proud of.....peter

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: June 19, 2009 10:01

I think this is great news. Let's hope it doesn't get sanctioned by MJ.
I really don't understand the negative reactions: Exile+outtakes+DVD (?)!!
F-ing great, if you ask me.....

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 19, 2009 11:03

hope the dvd isn´t just the album in better sound.....

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: June 19, 2009 11:07

Maybe No Expectations is better than negative expectations...

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: June 19, 2009 11:40

We all need some Positive Vibrations...

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: June 19, 2009 11:42

outtakes, outtakes ! can someone tell me more about the exile sessions outtakes, the unreleased tracks from the villefranche sessions.
according to NZ works, I list a few one:

10th July - late July and 14th October - 23rd November: Villefranche-sur-mer,
France, Villa Nellcote,
- Fast Talking Slow Walking
- Fragile (MJ/KR) -unverified
- I Ain't Signifying (MJ/KR)
- Sophia Loren (MJ/KR) -unverified long, slow rocker

what more ?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 19, 2009 12:02

Forgot where I read it, but in that book it was mentioned that Red House (Hendrix) was done at the recording sessions in Nelcote.

Date: June 19, 2009 13:12

Let's say they put out Exile plus DVD (maybe even something we don;t already have), and plus unreleased trax. Hopefully all of us will buy it, and many others. Then Jagger sees that of all re-masters Exile is the only one that really sells well; he thinks "I should have been doing this all along; Neil Young was right.." and we get all kinds of re-re issues.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 19, 2009 14:18

yapster
Amazing. People cry for years about not having unreleased songs on an official release (even though the songs are availible for download). Then, they hear its happening, and they don't like the guy thats in charge of it.

Kind of like during the Bigger Bang tour. People complained about the lack of new songs, yet at the same time didn't like those same new songs.

You people are impossible to please.

Your yapping is entirely justifiable on this one.

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: June 19, 2009 14:24

Don't think the people are complaining about the outtakes being released. They are moaning about Don Was, and that's entirely justifiable in my book.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 19, 2009 14:36

It's nitpicking. Especially when its regarding the MIXING of 40 year old recordings that werent meant to be released to begin with. As it's unlikely we'll be able to put the original personnel in a time machine to transport them back to 1972, it's utterly pointless to bitch about the mix of something we havent heard yet and which may not even be the same versions as a few good, but not great, sounding bootlegs that a few thousand people have. If it wasnt Don Was, it would be someone else at fault. Chuck Leavell must feel relieved he wasnt around that far back!

I can only imagine what the reaction would be if they actually DID sanction a multi disc archives release

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 19, 2009 14:41

Maybe it'll be Exile remastered with a piece of
stone from Villa Nellcote like when they tore down Stax ........

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home