Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: I hope the tour doesn't happen
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:38

skipstone
What tour!!?????

the tour that sven hopes doesn't happen! sheesh. please pay better attention....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:42

Ahhhh.... yes, pay better attention. The Rolling Stones 2009 Hope They Don't Tour Tour. Got it.

Date: June 11, 2009 17:46

has a certain ring to it and a fun little acronym: HTDT...and if you can't get to the show in person be sure to watch the HTDT on HDTV....

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:49

I think he's talking about the 2010 "Universal Reissues and Re-release" Tour...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:55

ablett
Then give that at the reason surely?

(come on T&A there's a classic gag waiting for ya!)

who are you calling surely?

T&A you are a genius!

Date: June 11, 2009 17:55

StonesFanatic
I think he's talking about the 2010 "Universal Reissues and Re-release" Tour...

the URR-R tour follows the HTDT tour? so confusing...i need a program or cheat sheet or something...

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:08

Though I doubt they will mount any more large tours I would certainly be interested in any new tour just to see how bad they would be this go round or if one of them would drop dead on stage of a heart attack. I say DO IT boys smiling smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:16

Last time I checked it wasn't compulsatory to attend, you can just stay at home and relive in any way you can the 1972 tour.

Me (and I'm sure many others) just can't wait for them to hit the road. Out of tune, out of time, I don't care. They're not the LSO and I'm sure they never pretended to be.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:18

Isn't saying 'Universal Reissues and Re-release Tour' as redundant and as bad and ignorant (unless it's on purpose, of course) as saying ATM machine and PIN number and GPS system?

Date: June 11, 2009 18:21

skipstone
Isn't saying 'Universal Reissues and Re-release Tour' as redundant and as bad and ignorant (unless it's on purpose, of course) as saying ATM machine and PIN number and GPS system?

it is - this is why i cleverly avoided that pitfall

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:34

open-g
stoneswashed77
i want them to tour because i want to see and hear them, but i am also not sure if
it´s really a good idea and if it wouldn´t be a disaster musically.
they definately shouldn´t try to play anywhere near frankfurt. whoever saw them there in 2007 will not buy another ticket.

Nope. I saw them in Frankfurt, yeah the sound was real bad - but blame the venue for closing the roof, not the Stones.
...and, I was glad I got to see them in Paris and Hamburg after that. I'm sure I'll enjoy another chance to see them.

nope it wasn´t just the roof, it was keith richards f**cking it up badly.
oh i forgot. period!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:36

"Too much expense, not enough excitement about the likely song choices or performance consistency and the chances of cancellations/postponements are getting higher with the band's increasing age and infirmity are major issues for me."

That's exactly what I was thinking.

"yeah, but maybe it's not so selfish if the reason is because you love them as a band are worried about a tarnished legacy. that's legit in my book".

That's a highly valid remark as far as I'm concerned.
If they were to tour again, I'd probably go to shows in Scandinavia and maybe Paris or Berlin.
I think London is out of the question for me this time around due to high ticket prices.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 11, 2009 18:42

absolutely love poor tours like the '78 one....touring behind the poor Some Girls lp...resulting in the poor Handsome Girls box set.......how can they torture people like this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-11 18:43 by Rollin' Stoner.

Date: June 11, 2009 19:17

^I actually have never understood all the praise heaped upon Some Girls...listen to it and compare it to even GHS and it's not even the same @#$%&' band...

Date: June 11, 2009 19:18

StonesFanatic
^I actually have never understood all the praise heaped upon Some Girls...listen to it and compare it to even GHS and it's not even the same @#$%&' band...

yeah...well, it's not

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:20

bv
If you don't like the Stones to tour because you don't like then live anymore then it is a pretty selfish comment to say that they should not tour because of your own personal preferences. There are millions on people in the world - including me - who want to see them live. Period.

You are so right BV and I agree with you 100%. I love the Stones, seen them 15 times or more. I will defintely see them again if they decide to tour. I am really tired of reading bad remarks concerning the boys. Just keep it to yourself. This is suppose to be a happy board with no winers. If they have a off day performance thats okay , doesn't everyone even us?

Date: June 11, 2009 19:26

tippy2toes
bv
If you don't like the Stones to tour because you don't like then live anymore then it is a pretty selfish comment to say that they should not tour because of your own personal preferences. There are millions on people in the world - including me - who want to see them live. Period.

You are so right BV and I agree with you 100%. I love the Stones, seen them 15 times or more. I will defintely see them again if they decide to tour. I am really tired of reading bad remarks concerning the boys. Just keep it to yourself. This is suppose to be a happy board with no winers. If they have a off day performance thats okay , doesn't everyone even us?

you forgot the period.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:32

I may have said you were a 'genius' T&A but lets not push eh now! Now thats a good chap.....

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 11, 2009 19:46

skipstone

Don't forget VIN number.

Date: June 11, 2009 20:01

Of *course* it was on purpose...I was MAKING FUN OF the Stones, ferChrissakes!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 11, 2009 20:44

I kind of know where you're coming from Svenjagger

Things have to end at some point, and maybe ABB was it. SOme would say earlier of course

It was a bit hit and miss lets be honest (the gigs as well as the album)

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 11, 2009 21:05

I hope the 2010 tour happens. I'll go and see a couple of shows and I am sure it'll be exciting. Why to wish that they don't tour? Just hope that you stay home the next time they play in your town.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 11, 2009 21:43

TrulyMicks
pgarof
Can't wait to see them again, I'll be there and being just as excited as as i was the last time , and the time before that and the time............ etc etc.

Me too. Fine with me if there is one less person trying to get good seats! I can't wait to see them. They are really the only band I get excited about to see live. I have seen some amazing musicians, but whenever I am at a show, all I can think about is how I wish it was the Stones. (it may be a sickness lol)

Just how I feel at a gig, I enjoy other bands and musicians BUT always I wish it was the Stones playing, I think I have an addiction

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: June 11, 2009 22:07

MAYBE THEY WILL TOUR BEHIND "A BIGGER BANG"!!!That would be cool

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 11, 2009 22:24

Shirley, I agree that "protecting the legacy" is a legitimate and not-totally-selfish concern. Svenjagger,however, did not say anything about preserving the legacy. Period.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2009 22:38

The Rolling Stones are happy news. They are like a sunrise. People look forward to experiencing it. If you don't like the sunrise then stay inside and enjoy what's left. Peronally I love the Stones and I do look forward to being on the road again.

Bjornulf

Date: June 11, 2009 22:42

texas fan
Shirley, I agree that "protecting the legacy" is a legitimate and not-totally-selfish concern. Svenjagger,however, did not say anything about preserving the legacy. Period.

legit question:

what's more self-ish? a person who wants them to tour because he/she wants to see them again despite the risk to their legacy or a person who doesn't want them to tour because he/she wants the legacy preserved?

i don't presume to know the answer, but i'm sure it's out there blowing in the wind or something....

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 11, 2009 22:46

I, too, don't presume to know, but I will consult the wind...

Date: June 11, 2009 22:47

texas fan
I, too, don't presume to know, but I will consult the wind...

may as well try and catch it while you're at it....

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 11, 2009 22:47

I'm really hoping there is a 2010 tour now ....

Bring it on!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home